Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bringing firearm in to Canada (niagara falls)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reils49
    replied
    Originally posted by mrmilom1990 View Post
    How about reading this article? Me too, I want to carry a firearm for protection. Who knows? Anything could happen. Ideally, when traveling, concealed carrying a pocket pistol could more useful for defense.. As long as you abide legalities, I think there's nothing wrong with it.

Are you in favor of me? Let me know. Thanks.
    You can take a rifle or shotgun to Canada for hunting trips, I know tons of guys who have done that.

However, you cannot carry a firearm in Canada. Even Canadian cops can’t carry off duty. Canadian citizens cannot get a CCW. You get pinched with a gun up there you’re going to get locked up! It’s a completely different country and they’re generally anti-gun (by our definition).

Where’s PeteBrocolo? He’s always good for these conversations.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Originally posted by mrmilom1990 View Post
    How about reading this article? Me too, I want to carry a firearm for protection. Who knows? Anything could happen. Ideally, when traveling, concealed carrying a pocket pistol could more useful for defense.. As long as you abide legalities, I think there's nothing wrong with it.

That did not provide any useful information and isn't a verified .Gov site.

Leave a comment:

• mrmilom1990
    replied

Leave a comment:

• m.p.c
    replied
    I would rather see if NYSP or a PD can hold it.

Leave a comment:

• orangebottle
    replied
    Before crossing into Canada at Sault Ste. Marie, MI, I was able to secure my firearm at a Michigan State Police barracks located near the border. I knew others that did it before, so I didn't make any pre-arrangements; just showed up during normal business hours. Went smooth as silk.

Leave a comment:

• jnhdrac
    replied
    I have heard from a Canadian border officer that you can declare the gun at the border and they will hold it until you return to the same crossing. I have never tried to do this and encourage research before anybody tried. The border officer told me that the crime was not declaring. I had told him I was a cop and had not brought a gun because I knew I would go to Canada. We were discussing guns in Canada.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Hunting, etc, sure. Call the crossing you are going through, I may be in error, but they WILL jamb you up if you violate their rules.

It will help asking since you are a Fed, use your contacts.

Leave a comment:

• 3531Marine
    replied
    I believe you can bring firearms in to Canada, but can't carry them. I only brought up LEOSA because I know NY state may have some strict laws. I'll look in to having CBP hold on to it, is there a specific procedure for doing this or do I just show up at the port and ask? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Canada doesn’t allow firearms unless it’s an on duty need. Talk to CBP. They can hold your gat while you are across. lEOSA doesn’t fly in other countries.

Leave a comment:

• 3531Marine
    started a topic Bringing firearm in to Canada (niagara falls)

Bringing firearm in to Canada (niagara falls)

I'm a federal leo (covered under leosa) and am planning a roadtrip that includes a couple days in Niagara falls, ON this summer. I know there's forms online that I can fill out, but has anyone done this before? I heard US CBP holding peoples firearms for them rather than letting them in to Canada with them (which sounds weird anyway). Anyone familiar with this? Thanks.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10930 users online. 484 members and 10446 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X