Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simpleguy515
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2019

Has anyone heard anything... I know an email went out that we will hear by the 31st

Comment

• Codeblue24
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2020

At written psych was told we wouldn’t hear back until over the summer. I’m assuming a class is in the works for the fall?

Comment

• Kamil369
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2019

Originally posted by Codeblue24
        At written psych was told we wouldn’t hear back until over the summer. I’m assuming a class is in the works for the fall?
        Hopefully everything comes sooner then later but guess we will see what happens .
        Last edited by Kamil369; 05-26-2020, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Davey53
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2011

Before the County even decides to hire new recruits, they need to see if they have enough to pay current workers. This Pandemic didn’t help. Under normal situations, they would put a class in by September to October. My best advice, stay prepared and look for a possible class in 2021. This would give the county more time building it’s finances back up and evaluating how many officers will actually retire between July and Next January. Right now, just too much financial stress.

Comment

• Kamil369
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2019

Originally posted by Davey53
            Before the County even decides to hire new recruits, they need to see if they have enough to pay current workers. This Pandemic didn’t help. Under normal situations, they would put a class in by September to October. My best advice, stay prepared and look for a possible class in 2021. This would give the county more time building it’s finances back up and evaluating how many officers will actually retire between July and Next January. Right now, just too much financial stress.
            Hopefully they’ll have a academy this fall, but we will have to find out
            Last edited by Kamil369; 05-26-2020, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Davey53
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Kamil369

Hopefully they’ll have a academy this fall, but we will have to find out

it’ll happen once things calm down. Just a lot of noise with all of these phases before opening and then the possibility of 2nd wave which may or may not happen this fall.

Comment

• Kamil369
                Forum Member
                • Aug 2019

Originally posted by Davey53

it’ll happen once things calm down. Just a lot of noise with all of these phases before opening and then the possibility of 2nd wave which may or may not happen this fall.
                Yeah with time we will see, no one knows nothing until we wait for the time to come. It’s a long shot but if everything goes well I hope that there will be a fall academy, that’s IF everything with this coronavirus quiets down a lot more then it already has.

Comment

• NYPDpoQNS
                  Forum Member
                  • Jan 2019

Does anyone have any info on when the Suffolk dept of health will reopen and reschedule postponed medical exams from April ?

Comment

• slimaz
                    Forum Member
                    • Feb 2020

Is anybody else still waiting on an email from the civil service dept with a reschedule date for their written psychological exam? The email I got last month said that I should be hearing something by May 31st but nothing yet.. I figured it because everything is slowed down because of the coronavirus.

Comment

• Kamil369
                      Forum Member
                      • Aug 2019

Originally posted by slimaz
                      Is anybody else still waiting on an email from the civil service dept with a reschedule date for their written psychological exam? The email I got last month said that I should be hearing something by May 31st but nothing yet.. I figured it because everything is slowed down because of the coronavirus.
                      If you haven’t received the email By May 31st, they said you have to call and check with them, and as today is the 5th of June I’d suggest you give them a call. Goodluck !

Comment

• Simpleguy515
                        Forum Member
                        • Mar 2019

Any updates on the medical portion of the process?

Comment

• omaldj68
                          Forum Member
                          • Apr 2014

anyone got an idea of how long after written psych is the oral

Comment

• NYPDpoQNS
                            NYPDpoQNS commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Back in April it was a week apart. Doesn’t mean that’s the case anymore
                        • Simpleguy515
                          Forum Member
                          • Mar 2019

Anyone do their poly yet? If so how long did you hear after taking written?

Comment

• Simpleguy515
                            Forum Member
                            • Mar 2019

Has anyone been contacted by an investigator

Comment

• Codeblue24
                              Forum Member
                              • Feb 2020

I’m still waiting to do the oral poly, medical, and meet with investigator. Haven’t heard anything yet.

Comment

• Simpleguy515
                                Simpleguy515 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Last edited by Simpleguy515; 07-09-2020, 01:11 PM. Reason: Did not see comment above

• omaldj68
                                omaldj68 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Same boat, got a feeling that fall class is getting pushed back at this rate

• Codeblue24
                                Codeblue24 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I heard that Nassau was trying to get a class this fall but it could just be a rumor, not sure what Suffolk is doing. I feel like if they were set on a fall class they would be processing everything faster. Who knows at this rate, I’m patient, I can wait.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17860 users online. 20 members and 17840 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...