X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Max99
    Forum Member
    • May 2016

Originally posted by NY2302
    From what I understand only the cognitive ability portion of the exam allowed for unanswered questions.
    Yep. I thought that was alittle weird bc they didn’t brief that at the 2015 exam. My proctor for this exam stated twice you will be disqualified for leaving any unanswered work history or personality questions.
    Last edited by Max99; 06-29-2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Coderedpl
      Forum Member
      • May 2018

Was browsing through the site and saw that lottery result for Police Officer (Spanish Speaking) OC Lottery Results 2019 - Score 85 has been posted

The Suffolk County Department of Human Resources, Personnel and Civil Service is responsible for overseeing personnel actions taken by some 241 employing jurisdictions including towns, school districts, villages, library districts, water districts, etc.

Comment

• matt9414
        matt9414 commented
        Editing a comment
        This lottery was done in 2019 for people who took the Spanish speaking test in 2016 and scored an 85. They’re still processing candidates on the old lists for upcoming class.

• nybluuline
        nybluuline commented
        Editing a comment
        When does the old exam expire ?

• WEAPONS-GRADE
        WEAPONS-GRADE commented
        Editing a comment
        the old exam expires when the list for the new exam is established.

• mrsh14
        mrsh14 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow this scared me for a second. Questions though; my test didn't say Spanish speaking or indicate it was different but I know when I signed up I out Spanish speaking. Is that how it goes?
    • bluelinerjr
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2016

Does anyone have any insight into getting hired by a village off this test? What scores do they usually go for? And being that I’m already LE, which villages don’t require you to go through the academy again?

Comment

• cam36
        cam36 commented
        Editing a comment
        As far as I know, any village in Suffolk county will make you go through the academy again. I can't speak to exactly what grades they take, but they typically jump a few points lower than what the county is processing IF you have residency.

• matt9414
        matt9414 commented
        Editing a comment
        No academy, most hire residents primarily some go alphabetically ie lloyd harbor.

• Rosario29
        Rosario29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Villages hire anyone with a passing grade 75 or better; but must be a resident of that area..
    • nybluuline
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2019

Anyone know the estimated time frame it usually takes to hear back with your score? This is the first I’ve taken of this exam

Comment

• Rosario29
        Rosario29 commented
        Editing a comment
        5 months brother. Hang in there! Lol

• Bobboooo
        Bobboooo commented
        Editing a comment
        We will prob hear late November/December hopefully!

• WEAPONS-GRADE
        WEAPONS-GRADE commented
        Editing a comment
        in my experience, Suffolk civil service moves a lot faster than Nassau, so hopefully before the year ends.
    • nybluuline
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2019

Are they still hiring off the old exam?

Comment

• jdaf97
        jdaf97 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Until they post the scores from the 2019 exam the other list is still active
    • ericcartman34
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2018

Anyone else bursting at the seams to find out their grade? Curious to hear some of your weekly routines to stay sharp for the PAT

Comment

• nybluuline
        nybluuline commented
        Editing a comment
        It was said on another forum it would be 2 weeks prior to Christmas we would be mailed results

• mrsh14
        mrsh14 commented
        Editing a comment
        Working weekly. Spoke with my trainer he knows I need to stay in shape to do the PAT. My program includes push ups and sit ups every class and tons of upper body strength training. I can finally do toes to bar so core is strong.
    • Bandaidj
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2019

Still waiting. Did anyone recieved their scores?

Comment

• Bandaidj
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2019

Soon soon guys!!

Comment

• nybluuline
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2019

I heard a lot of people didn’t finish this exam. I’ve never heard that being a problem before for this exam. Wondering if it will effect the amount of High scorers there usually is. Anyone hear the same?

Comment

• ericcartman34
            ericcartman34 commented
            Editing a comment
            Many people did not finish the exam where I took it. I have a feeling it’s going to be like Nassau where people where people were disappointed with their grades. On the other hand, maybe they hire lower scores. **JUST MY TWO CENTS***

I did some research on how people did last test based on the list on civil service
            105- 26 people
            100- 197
            95- 3785
            90- 5760
            85- 3006
            80- 784
            75- 136
            70- 46

• jdaf97
            jdaf97 commented
            Editing a comment
            at the end of this year apparently about 50-60% of the department is eligible for retirement. The 2019 test *should* be a lot of hires due to new requirements of the new contract since the older members will not want to pay into their medical. It’s becoming a young department and these last two tests were a lot of people being hired. Just be aware the last test was told over and over again it was going to exhaust all the people that scored 95 but at the end they only made it through the first 2500 of the lottery. In reality the best thing anyone can do is to stay out of trouble, keep in shape because it is no joke from what I hear in the academy and will be one less thing to have to worry about last minute and don’t let the wait for the call or even the letter to start your investigation consume your life. Just giving my best advice for anyone that will take it
        • nybluuline
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2019

Any week now..

Comment

• Nfd552
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2011

Civil Service has removed the old eligible list from their website...expect the new one soon

Comment

• Davey53
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2011

They usually post it before Christmas. You never know. GL

Comment

• Nfd552
                Forum Member
                • Dec 2011

January
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• ericcartman34
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2018

Anyone know what day in January they’re going to release our grades?

Comment

• nybluuline
                    Forum Member
                    • Feb 2019

Really curious how the scores will play out on this exam compared to others

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 33498 users online. 51 members and 33447 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...