Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On reddit I just created a subreddit for Suffolk Pd r/SCPD. If any of you are regularly on reddit it would be awesome for some of the discussion to go on there. To me it’s just easier to navigate. If not it’s cool too bc I check here every so often.

Comment

• For those of you who attended orientation already - how long after is the physical exam set for ?

Comment

• USMC_Denis_538
      USMC_Denis_538 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine is 15 days after my orientation date

• Originally posted by USMC_Denis_538 View Post
    I went to the orientation on the 11th. Just to give you guys a update on what I heard. Basically they are putting us through the process but they are awaiting to see if they have the budget to put a academy class in. They mentioned for those who want to defer the process to practice for the PT test they are expecting to have another orientation date in 2021. This is coming from the academy LT. For those that are curious there was less then 300 of us there. 98% were military background.
    Did they explain how the process works for deferring when you attended the orientation? Is it handled there or do you have to contact them separately? I'm just generally curious how it works since I haven't seen much about it.

Comment

• USMC_Denis_538
      USMC_Denis_538 commented
      Editing a comment
      You can do it there or send a letter to civil service

• Originally posted by Anaid View Post
    For those of you who attended orientation already - how long after is the physical exam set for ?
    It’s either 4 weeks from the date you get the orientation letter or 4 weeks from the orientation date.

Comment

• It appears that this time around things are moving much slower than the 2015 exam. They had called 677 people at this point and had an academy slotted for September. Seems like next year they'll call list number 400-700, sucks.

Comment

• Anaid
        Anaid commented
        Editing a comment
        Where are you getting this projected time frame from?

• impala2013
        impala2013 commented
        Editing a comment
        Read the 2015 forums, there's tons of valuable information and stats on there.

As of 400-700 being called next year, that's just a rumor since at the latest orientation, people who deferred were told to come back next year.

• Simpleguy515
        Simpleguy515 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s a totally different exam it’s all speculation they are not necessarily moving slower. They just established this exam

• Does anyone know how far down they went for the Spanish lost on the previous exam. Out of luck on the English one but on the Spanish list I’m low 200

Comment

• Nhayes91
        Nhayes91 commented
        Editing a comment
        You should get called. If I'm not mistaken they exhausted all the spanish list 95's last exam. From what I'm hearing on this exam, they have already called up to the first 100 or so on the spanish lottery.

• Jonfull9
        Jonfull9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Last exam they got up to 85s in Spanish because so many didn't actually speak Spanish

• Hey there everyone and congrats to everyone that got 95!!

My first post but I was hoping that anyone could inform me about residency* I'm 23 year old who lives in Brooklyn and I don't know when I should establish residency in Suffolk. Couldn't find anything in the 2015 forum so I was hoping someone here would know or be able to answer my question.

Fortunately, I was able to get a good lottery # (1,2XX) I consider that a blessing in disguise because I now have time to get into the gym and get in shape and not worry about the PAT portion of the exam.

Comment

• Nhayes91
        Nhayes91 commented
        Editing a comment
        According to their website the requirements are being a NYS resident and US citizen at time of appointment.

https://www.joinscpd.com/minimum-requirements.html

• mikey5471
        mikey5471 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the link much appreciative, I could of sworn I saw something somewhere saying I needed to establish residence 3 months prior to an interview. I suppose I was mistaken lol

• Originally posted by mikey5471 View Post
      Hey there everyone and congrats to everyone that got 95!!

My first post but I was hoping that anyone could inform me about residency* I'm 23 year old who lives in Brooklyn and I don't know when I should establish residency in Suffolk. Couldn't find anything in the 2015 forum so I was hoping someone here would know or be able to answer my question.

Fortunately, I was able to get a good lottery # (1,2XX) I consider that a blessing in disguise because I now have time to get into the gym and get in shape and not worry about the PAT portion of the exam.
      You don’t need to be a resident of Suffolk County, only benefit of being a resident is having all the side towns call you for a shot at there town police job.

Comment

• mikey5471
        mikey5471 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you much appreciative! I didn't want to mess myself up due to not being a resident of Suffolk lol

• Originally posted by Kamil369 View Post

You don’t need to be a resident of Suffolk County, only benefit of being a resident is having all the side towns call you for a shot at there town police job.
      You have to be a resident of that specific town/village to be canvased by them, the only ones who canvass off the entire list without residency requirements are Lloyd harbor and Huntington bay, and they only take current cops.

Comment

• Low 400s here . I read so many estimates of when we could get called ! Does anyone know what number was called up to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaid View Post
          Low 400s here . I read so many estimates of when we could get called ! Does anyone know what number was called up to?
          Same here, they called up to 400. We're next , have no clue when, could be soon, could be next year. But we are guaranteed the next orientation.

Comment

• Anaid
            Anaid commented
            Editing a comment
            Ahhh so nervous and excited

• Does anybody know up to what number did they go up to on the Spanish test?

Comment

• anyone know how the process works with medical records do i have to get them or does my investigator do it? And is it just my regular doctors officer or any emergency room ive ever been too?

Comment

• Just got the call to attend the academy! Goodbye correction. Good luck to everyone. Got a 80 on this exam list 700k

Comment

• S13ChrisM
                S13ChrisM commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats!!!!!

• Simpleguy515
                Simpleguy515 commented
                Editing a comment
                Wrong thread. Please look before posting. This isn’t the NYPD thread

• Just curious for those that took the physical and passed.... what was your workouts for the push ups and sit ups

Comment

• Nhayes91
                Nhayes91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Best advice I can give you for the situps is train at the pace you have to do for the test. For example if you have to do 38 in 60 seconds, that's 19 per 30 seconds. I did 30 second sets making sure I hit 19 each set, with a minute rest in between. I did around 120 situps total per workout. If you can't do 19 in 30 seconds, do 9-10 in 15 seconds. Work your way up. Keep total volume at 100+ situps even if you can only do 10 a set. Once you can do 19-20 situps in 30 second sets easily, start doing 1 minute sets and try to hit your goal of 38+. Do 3-4 sets. Rest 2-3 das before the test. For pushups I just did a few sets to fatigue each day.

Edit: Also I only did pushups and situps every other day. Give your body time to rest. I also threw in some decline situps at a very steep decline which hits your lower abs harder and personally helped me spring off the ground way harder for my regular situps, increasing my speed per situp. At home I just put my feet under the couch to hold me down. Your feet will be locked into a bench when you take the test. I finished Nassu's with 20+ seconds to spare.
                Last edited by Nhayes91; 03-20-2020, 05:37 PM.

• Simpleguy515
                Simpleguy515 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you so much appreciate it!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8191 users online. 414 members and 7777 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X