Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you guys look at SCPD's last Facebook post. ONLY 500 and change were hired off the 2015 list. And 20,000 people took that exam! Yes some of the towns will hire off the list as well but probably not even half that number that Suffolk actually hired.

100's and 105's will automatically get a letter for an orientation most likely.
    if you didn't get either of those, pray for the lottery but DON'T count on it. Take other exams and have backups in the works. Like the Sheriff's test and Court Officer one opening up later this month.

Everyone here is hatching chickens and speculating everything. Be patient and if your time comes then there it is.

Comment

• Kevinj565
      Kevinj565 commented
      Editing a comment
      Can a Nassau county resident take the Suffolk county sheriff’s exam?

• Pollux053
      Pollux053 commented
      Editing a comment
      According to the posting you dont have to be to take the exam. But you have to be a resident for atleast 90 days from appointment/hiring.

If I can’t watch the lottery live tomorrow. Will I be able to watch it at a later time? Using the same link

Comment

• NYPDpoQNS
      NYPDpoQNS commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t think so. It says the lottery results will be posted a week later.

Is the lottery literally going to be them calling out over 4900 names one by one.

Comment

• Astone1287
      Astone1287 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes lol. It takes several hours

Anyone have any word or guesses based on the previous test on when the first academy is. Also any tips on the sit up portion of the physical fitness test. I hear horror stories of fit people failing it. Is there a reason why it fails so many people.

Comment

• Nhayes91
      Nhayes91 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you're fit and have been doing situps you shouldn't fail it. I practiced by doing situps every other day, I started with sets of 10 for 100 total, and worked my way up. Practice the pace by setting a timer and making sure you can do the amount in the time required. For example if you have 60 seconds to do 38, practice doing sets of 19-20 in 30 seconds to learn the pace.

I know 105 and 100s equal 213 people. And they definitely will be called to start the process, anyone have a good guess from the 95s how many be called to start the process?

Comment

I think I read the last exam they went into the 2000s but after 3 or 4 years waiting. So were processed but never even made it to the academy. I'm at work I was trying to listen to the lottery as best as possible I know they're up to 2000s right about now and I havent heard my name so I gave up listening...unless I missed my name when I tuned out here and there.

Comment

I was 269x on the last 95 lottery list. My orientation group of 2500-2700 was called to start the process last February. They brought me through the ringer, I passed fitness test, medical exam, filled out the background packet which is basically your entire life in a book. My group got screwed over they left us all hanging and we never completed process completely. I ran around for them for 6 months and my list just expired last week when this list went active. Unfortunately I’m over 35 now and couldn’t take the latest test you are all on. Good luck to all it’s a great job if you can get it. Just a heads up though the last #s to actually be fully processed and in the last academy only made it to around 2425. So although they did get to 2700 as far as people who made it to orientation, I never made it to the end of the process. It’s a literally winning a lottery. I have 3 friends who got their name called much earlier than me with the same score and they are all out there patrolling the streets these days. Also last point, like I said I was called in February of 2019 to start the process with a 269x number. Took them almost 4 full years to get to me and I still missed out bc of timing. Pray you are in the first 2000 to have a legitimate shot of getting this job and even that will take a few years. Good luck
        Last edited by SCPD44; 01-22-2020, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I listened in today and my number was 15xx from the 95 lottery.

I'm thinking I should get the call during the 3rd, maybe early 4th, year of this list based on the fact that for last exam they got through about 2400 names which averages to about 600 names per year that were canvassed to ultimately process the 549 who were hired.

Pretty pumped to have made it this far but the journey is just getting started. Congrats to everyone who got a list number below 2,000 and tentative congrats to people between 2,000 and 2,500.

Comment

• Simpleguy515
            Simpleguy515 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think this is hard to say I know understand your speculation, but you never know it all depends on the class sizes and processing

So I lucked out in the lottery and got low 200. Any idea when they might send out letters and when the first academy may start? I understand this is all speculation just looking for ball park info.

Comment

• got in the 2300s... skin of my teeth. Anyone else in the same ballpark range don't be too discouraged it could of been worse. Good thing I scored a 96 in the NYPD in Dec. so atleast I'll be busy with that for the years to come before my name gets called.

Comment

• Chriscap345
              Chriscap345 commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you listen to find out or is it posted somewhere .. I didn’t have the chance to listen

• Got my orientation email today. Score was 100

Comment

• Orientation email also as a 100... if you got lotto’d check yours just in case.

Comment

• The first 300-400 names in the lottery will be getting letters within a few weeks, the academy is slotted for September

Comment

• Simpleguy515
                  Simpleguy515 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How did you find this out? (just curious)

• Pollux053
                  Pollux053 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He doesnt have a source. He's blowing smoke to get people rowdy. Probably didn't even make the lotto.

• Boreal Taiga
                  Boreal Taiga commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just talked to the academy staff last week. You don't have to believe me, but I don't have to relay the information either. Unless you know someone who works for civil service that's the most accurate information

• I got slayed on the regular lottery I am list number 4xxx but on the Spanish speaking I am 1x .
                Exams Taken:
                NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
                NYPDPC Exam 2214
                APD5- Complete
                Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
                Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
                Mini Med - ?

Comment

• What's the chance of being called for number 3200ish? I'm wondering what number they got to last exam...

Comment

• Nhayes91
                    Nhayes91 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I believe they called up to 2500 or so. Above that chances are very low.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5593 users online. 413 members and 5180 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X