X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KRC187 how u know that for sure?

Comment

Originally posted by KRC187 View Post
      Grades are supposed to be out on the 10th.
      Don't everyone check their mail at once

Comment

When i took the test years back twice, Suffolk usually posts the Grades online at the 12am hr the day the test became eligible. Usually they mail in the results weeks later but by that time, you really don’t care. Times might’ve changed for you guys, who knows. At least you know that it won’t be in February. Nothing wrong with checking the Mailbox everyday or looking online, try not to let become obsessive. The results will come. In the meantime, stay in shape and ready, scoring a 105 means nothing if can’t pass eligibility steps for employment. GL. And no, I don’t know the exact date they will post the test results. Only a few weeks left in Jan.

Comment

• Boreal Taiga
          Boreal Taiga commented
          Editing a comment
          Stop wasting your time on these threads and stop hyping the process up. The agility test is a joke and so is the academy. Everyone gets pushed through.

As per a source that states "has multiple hooks in suffolk" results will be either mailed out by tomorrow or received tomorrow.

Comment

LIST IS UP!!!

https://apps2.suffolkcountyny.gov/ci...beligible.aspx

Comment

• Nassauwarrior516
          Nassauwarrior516 commented
          Editing a comment
          31 people scored 105
          182 people scored 100
          4921 people scored 95
          Anything below that is irrelevant because you more likely than not will not be called.

I got a 95, time to pray the lottery is kind to me.

• nybluuline
          nybluuline commented
          Editing a comment
          Not true. You can never guess anymore what will happen with these exams. Look at the last nassau county exam prior to the one just given, they ended up going into the 80s - un heard of

Got a 95 both Spanish and English list
        Exams Taken:
        NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
        NYPDPC Exam 2214
        APD5- Complete
        Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
        Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
        Mini Med - ?

Comment

So how does the lottery work/ when does it take place?

Comment

Lottery will take place January 22nd and it will
            be a livestream https://livestream.com/scnylegislature/PoliceLottery

Comment

• Segurosky3410
              Segurosky3410 commented
              Editing a comment
              So even if u score high u still won't get pick? Wow

• nybluuline
              nybluuline commented
              Editing a comment
              Even if you don’t get a low number I wouldn’t give up hope. You never know how low they will get with this test. There’s no 97 scores, and some will decline the job, some will no pass the process etc.

• Nassauwarrior516
              Nassauwarrior516 commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow in 2015 they didn't do the 95 lotto until April. You have any idea why they're moving it up?

• PuertoRican_COP
              PuertoRican_COP commented
              Editing a comment
              could also be due to number of officer retiring soon or the need for more officers @nassauwarrior516

is the lottery for both the English list and the Spanish list? Also if you are unable to see the live stream will they post a list of the people selected from the lottery ?
            Exams Taken:
            NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
            NYPDPC Exam 2214
            APD5- Complete
            Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
            Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
            Mini Med - ?

Comment

• PuertoRican_COP
              Editing a comment
              So i am wondering will they post a list of names for the people selected from the live stream as I will be at work during the hours of the live stream

How can nearly 5,000 people have the exact same score.. they need to change this banded scoring system. I got a 95 but now my fate is determined entirely by a lottery.

Comment

• PuertoRican_COP
              Editing a comment
              That's life. Be happy you have a chance to be considered based on a lottery. They could of given you just a list number that might have not ever been reached. I would rather just do lottery gives a fare chance to everyone. You don't know if you had a 99 or a 95.

• CAnde
              CAnde commented
              Editing a comment
              Never going to happen that’s how they can assure the people with hooks get their kids in, if it was raw score like Nassau they couldn’t get who they wanted in. You’ll see if you ever get in 75% of the people in the academy have a hook.

Glad I got one of the 100’s
            Good luck to everyone in the lottery

Comment

So when they do the lottery is it they roll and give list numbers until they think it’s a sufficient amount of people (I heard if you get chosen in the lottery they will call you it’s just a matter of when) Or everyone gets a list number.

Comment

• jdaf97
                jdaf97 commented
                Editing a comment
                Everyone with a 95 gets a number

Do they do a lottery for people who got a 90? Or they only process 95 or above?

Comment

• Max99
                Max99 commented
                Editing a comment
                No. They will never get called because they won’t exhaust the 95 guys

Anybody have the updated Suffolk pay scale? I’m trying to compare it to Nassau

Comment

Originally posted by Max99 View Post
                Anybody have the updated Suffolk pay scale? I’m trying to compare it to Nassau
                For each class that goes in, it is different up until the class that enters the academy on the last year of the contract.

42K Academy
                50K post Academy
                58K After Yr 1
                64K After Yr 2
                72K After Yr 3
                80.5K After Yr 4
                90K After Yr 5
                100K After Yr 6
                109K After Yr 7
                115K After Yr 8
                126K After Yr 9
                140K After Yr 10
                150K After Yr 11
                155,693 After Year 11.5

these numbers are ball park. Not exact but very close. It varies pending on which year you start the academy but 155,693 is top no matter what. Good Luck with the process.

Comment

• Simpleguy515
                  Simpleguy515 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Anyone how much they pay into their medical just curious

• Max99
                  Max99 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good insight. Thanks Cam

• Nfd552
                  Nfd552 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @simpleguy benefits are 2% percent of your yearly salary, but is capped at no more than $1500 a year
                  Last edited by Nfd552; 01-11-2020, 09:59 PM.

• superrobocop
                  superrobocop commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I read this on their website: Starting salary $42,000* annually, increasing incrementally to $111,506 after twelve (12) years of service.

https://suffolkpd.org/home/becomeapoliceofficer.aspx

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5724 users online. 422 members and 5302 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X