Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boconnor
    commented on 's reply
    You had to post on both the deputy and the police officer thread? To answer your question for both the answer is no. Everyone starts the same pay regardless of years of service or regardless if they are prior military

• Dambroo631
    replied
    Does anyone know if new hires get any type of pay adjustment or incentive pay for prior military service?

Leave a comment:

• Simpleguy515
    replied
    Pysch has been postponed until further notice

Leave a comment:

• DonSCPD19
    commented on 's reply
    100 and over a month ago

• Simpleguy515
    commented on 's reply
    What was your score and when were you contacted

• DonSCPD19
    commented on 's reply
    Met with mine last week already

• Simpleguy515
    replied
    Has anyone been contacted by their investigator

Leave a comment:

• NYPDpoQNS
    commented on 's reply
    Suffolk county dept of health is closed until further notice so if you have a medical coming up it’s not happening

• mikey5471
    commented on 's reply
    I can imagine it will hinder the process. If the NYPD is making detectives do patrols to fill in role of sick cops I can see Suffolk doing the same within their departments
    Last edited by mikey5471; 04-03-2020, 02:49 PM.

• Anaid
    replied
    Do you think they are going to hold off calling next group of people for orientation with everything going on?

Leave a comment:

• NYPDpoQNS
    commented on 's reply
    don’t try to do anything illegal or scam the system. As long as you are legally entitled to collect unemployment it will not affect you negatively

• Simpleguy515
    replied
    Just a quick question... if you are a full time student and Have a part time job. My boss told me to try collecting unemployment due to the circumstances right now. Will this effect going through the process. Will they question why? Thanks I’m advance

Leave a comment:

• Plantainpapi
    replied
    Personality/Psych Evaluation Documents

What documents are needed for the Psych Evals coming up next month?

From what I can gather, we need our originals of documents 1-12 where applicable but does anyone know if we need to bring our tax return transcripts and bank statements or am I confusing needing those for a different portion of the process?

Thank you in advance!

Leave a comment:

• Simpleguy515
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you so much appreciate it!

• Nhayes91
    commented on 's reply
    Best advice I can give you for the situps is train at the pace you have to do for the test. For example if you have to do 38 in 60 seconds, that's 19 per 30 seconds. I did 30 second sets making sure I hit 19 each set, with a minute rest in between. I did around 120 situps total per workout. If you can't do 19 in 30 seconds, do 9-10 in 15 seconds. Work your way up. Keep total volume at 100+ situps even if you can only do 10 a set. Once you can do 19-20 situps in 30 second sets easily, start doing 1 minute sets and try to hit your goal of 38+. Do 3-4 sets. Rest 2-3 das before the test. For pushups I just did a few sets to fatigue each day.

Edit: Also I only did pushups and situps every other day. Give your body time to rest. I also threw in some decline situps at a very steep decline which hits your lower abs harder and personally helped me spring off the ground way harder for my regular situps, increasing my speed per situp. At home I just put my feet under the couch to hold me down. Your feet will be locked into a bench when you take the test. I finished Nassu's with 20+ seconds to spare.
    Last edited by Nhayes91; 03-20-2020, 05:37 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6341 users online. 422 members and 5919 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X