300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you guys think of the test?

Was today the only testing day or was there more? I heard 650 or so people took it today apparently, at least that is what i overheard.

Comment

• cam36
      cam36 commented
      Editing a comment
      Roughly 20,000 signed up to take it. Not sure how many actually showed up and took it.

• mrsh14
      mrsh14 commented
      Editing a comment
      Northport . couldn't believe the turn out. Honestly it felt easy except those silly find the difference photos.

• Rosario29
      Rosario29 commented
      Editing a comment
      cam36 5 people were MIA in my room. Never showed up.

• Rosario29
      Rosario29 commented
      Editing a comment
      mrsh14 I think the spot the difference part were too easy; had me nervous at one point. The test I must agree it was too easy. I had trouble with one question only.

The test was just like the study guide, no tricks. Straight forward and similar questions.

Comment

I took the exam in smith town. Found that more than a few of us had not finished the exam by the end time. I handed in my exam with about the last 10 questions blank. Probably bc I spent too much time rechecking my other answers but feel I did exceptionally well on all other questions. Anyone else run into a time issue and know how they score blank vs wrong answers? These questions were the personality questions.

Comment

• Jhankrin
        Jhankrin commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah same problem i was double checking every question and when the teacher called a half hour left I still had about 30/40 questions left and finished the test with about 60 seconds to catch my breath lol I noticed a few others didn’t get to finish either

• NYPDStar143
        NYPDStar143 commented
        Editing a comment
        I took the exam at Hauppauge High School. A lot of people were there , the same a lot of people rushed to finish the test but didn't get to finish the life experience portion of the test.

• mrsh14
        mrsh14 commented
        Editing a comment
        i finished 1.5 early. when i begin part 2 i noticed the others in the room were only 20 questions in to part one. i know a ton of people had to have left blank questions. i find second guessing myself is not helpful on test

• Bobboooo
        Bobboooo commented
        Editing a comment
        I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the personality did in fact count for the most. Personality was 60% of the exam. Blank answers are incorrect same as putting in the wrong answer.

Does anyone know when they begin calling people? also where do they post test results?

Comment

• Bobboooo
        Bobboooo commented
        Editing a comment
        Prob will be waiting until December for the results

Hey
      i don’t know true this is but I was told that part one only makes up 10 percent of your grade for the test. And the agree or disagree parts depending on what one you pick and the question can be different points also..

Comment

• Bobboooo
        Bobboooo commented
        Editing a comment
        The first part counts for 30%, personality 60% and the personal profile was 10%

Not enough time to finish the exam.... I'm I the only one?

Comment

• boconnor
        boconnor commented
        Editing a comment
        Is this your first test? Or first Suffolk county exam?

• Dandolm
        Dandolm commented
        Editing a comment
        This is my Second time. I got a 90 on the 2015 test.

• Rosario29
        Rosario29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was doing so well at the beginning; when I looked up I had 45 minutes to complete the whole second part!!! Lol disaster.
        Last edited by Rosario29; 06-19-2019, 08:46 PM.

Good luck to all!
      Last edited by Bobboooo; 01-12-2020, 07:46 PM.
      NC Sheriff Exam:
      Score: 90
      List Number: 1XX

NYC Corrections
      Score: 93

NYPD 0320:

2019 MTA PD Exam:
      Passed

2019 Suffolk PD Exam:

Comment

• Rosario29
        Rosario29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect.... thank you!

Also leaving another post since a lot of people keep asking this... If you left questions blank they will be marked incorrectly. This wasn't like the SAT where we can pick and choose what we want to answer. As harsh as this sounds part of the instructions were completing the exam within four hours, if you could not do so they will take some points away. I'm not trying to be the jerk of the forum but I don't think it be fair to have people on this forum spend the next six months having high hopes and be upset. Your best bet in terms of leaving questions blank would be the personal profile (i.e. your grades and activities in school). If you left a few blank maybe you can pull out a 95 with a perfect score on the rest of the exam but that is not guaranteed.

Once again I am not trying to talk down to or belittle anyone who left stuff blank but I'd hate to see people have high hopes and be crushed on the day we get the results (happened to me on the Nassau exam). For those not OTJ like me, I heard from a VERY VERY credible source that NYPD will have an exam this coming fall/winter. Lets focus on other exams for now and come back here when the results come. I really wish everyone the best of luck on this exam and who knows you may still pull out a 95 on this test with a few questions blank.
      NC Sheriff Exam:
      Score: 90
      List Number: 1XX

NYC Corrections
      Score: 93

NYPD 0320:

2019 MTA PD Exam:
      Passed

2019 Suffolk PD Exam:

Comment

• Rodney413
        Rodney413 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've also heard about the NYPD Exam. I wish Dcas would post new calendar already.

• Bobboooo
        Bobboooo commented
        Editing a comment
        Rodney413 me too, I think they’re still determining whether they want to do it November, December or possibly January (2020).

If you left multiple questions blank I would forget you ever took this exam. I scored a 95 on the last one in 2015 but have a high lotto number. They have only processed about 60% of all the 95s. This one did seem more time intensive though. I only had 10 minutes to spare compared to an hour from last time. A good chunk of the applicants have veterans preference (+5 points) and disabled veterans points (+10) that produce tons of 100+ scores.

Comment

Are we allowed to talk about how they wanted us to answer the personality section of the exam (the 155 question portion that is allegedly 60% of our score)? I feel like overall I answered everything fine and I finished the test with 15 minutes to spare so I double checked all 155 responses for that portion of the exam to make sure that I was consistent. There were a couple of question types that I had a hard time deciding how to answer and it would be awesome to hear what others thought to have some peace of mind (whether I am right or wrong).

Comment

• Bobboooo
          Bobboooo commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn’t openly discuss it on here

Originally posted by Nassauwarrior516 View Post
        Are we allowed to talk about how they wanted us to answer the personality section of the exam (the 155 question portion that is allegedly 60% of our score)? I feel like overall I answered everything fine and I finished the test with 15 minutes to spare so I double checked all 155 responses for that portion of the exam to make sure that I was consistent. There were a couple of question types that I had a hard time deciding how to answer and it would be awesome to hear what others thought to have some peace of mind (whether I am right or wrong).
        I wouldn't talk about any of the specifics of the exam on an internet forum that can be tracked back to you. Just my $.02.

Also, no sense in overthinking your responses– it is what it is at this point. All you can do is wait and see how you did.
        MTAPD
        Physical: 6/4
        Panel: 6/15
        BI: 8/24

SCPD
        Score: 95
        Lotto: 24xx

Comment

• Nassauwarrior516
          Nassauwarrior516 commented
          Editing a comment
          Appreciate the $.02 and I agree that it's probably not worth it. I figured that maybe there was a remote chance that we were allowed to discuss the exam content. Anyway....is it December yet?

Hey Cam. What happened with MTAPD. That’s a great job too.

Comment

I wish I took the last test. I feel too settled in the city right now and I’m about to hit top pay soon. I don’t think I can do a whole academy all over again too. Plus my commute is about 10 mins everyday lol.

My advice to you all who aren’t on the job yet, take whatever you can get first. If it’s NYPD, and you get called by Suffolk, definitely jump ship while it’s still real early.
          "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

Comment

Hey everyone I don’t want to scare any of you that didn’t finish the exam but just so there are no surprises in the future, the practice exam that was emailed to us when we registered for the exam clearly stated “candidates who do not respond to all questions on the work styles questionnaire and life experience survey may be disqualified from the examination process.”
            Exam 2302 List# 2xx
            Medical Nov/13
            Written and oral psych Nov/13
            Character investigation - Jan/14
            JST-Mar/14
            mini med - May/14

Comment

From what I understand only the cognitive ability portion of the exam allowed for unanswered questions.
              Exam 2302 List# 2xx
              Medical Nov/13
              Written and oral psych Nov/13
              Character investigation - Jan/14
              JST-Mar/14
              mini med - May/14

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6333 users online. 324 members and 6009 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X