300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personality/Psych Evaluation Documents

What documents are needed for the Psych Evals coming up next month?

From what I can gather, we need our originals of documents 1-12 where applicable but does anyone know if we need to bring our tax return transcripts and bank statements or am I confusing needing those for a different portion of the process?

Thank you in advance!

Comment

• Just a quick question... if you are a full time student and Have a part time job. My boss told me to try collecting unemployment due to the circumstances right now. Will this effect going through the process. Will they question why? Thanks I’m advance

Comment

• NYPDpoQNS
        NYPDpoQNS commented
        Editing a comment
        don’t try to do anything illegal or scam the system. As long as you are legally entitled to collect unemployment it will not affect you negatively

• Do you think they are going to hold off calling next group of people for orientation with everything going on?

Comment

• mikey5471
        mikey5471 commented
        Editing a comment
        I can imagine it will hinder the process. If the NYPD is making detectives do patrols to fill in role of sick cops I can see Suffolk doing the same within their departments
        Last edited by mikey5471; 04-03-2020, 02:49 PM.

• NYPDpoQNS
        NYPDpoQNS commented
        Editing a comment
        Suffolk county dept of health is closed until further notice so if you have a medical coming up it’s not happening

• Has anyone been contacted by their investigator

Comment

• DonSCPD19
        DonSCPD19 commented
        Editing a comment
        Met with mine last week already

• Simpleguy515
        Simpleguy515 commented
        Editing a comment
        What was your score and when were you contacted

• DonSCPD19
        DonSCPD19 commented
        Editing a comment
        100 and over a month ago

• Pysch has been postponed until further notice

Comment

• Does anyone know if new hires get any type of pay adjustment or incentive pay for prior military service?

Comment

• boconnor
          boconnor commented
          Editing a comment
          You had to post on both the deputy and the police officer thread? To answer your question for both the answer is no. Everyone starts the same pay regardless of years of service or regardless if they are prior military

• Dambroo631
          Dambroo631 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I made the post on both threads because to my understanding they are different departments and operate off different pay scales, so until now I thought the answer would be different. But thank you for the quick response boconnor

• Suffolk just canceled agility tests at the academy next week until further notice

Comment

• Anaid
          Anaid commented
          Editing a comment
          Was for ppl already in academy or the physical test for the people who just attended orientation?

• NYPDpoQNS
          NYPDpoQNS commented
          Editing a comment
          People processing

• Any word on when they are looking to put a class in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grady89 View Post
          Any word on when they are looking to put a class in?
          Unfortunately it’s going to be a while. County is more concerned about budget due to very low sales taxes than hiring right now. Wouldn’t be surprised if earliest timeframe is some time in 2021

Comment

• Simpleguy515
            Simpleguy515 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just my opinion, I don’t think that would happen. Officers are going to retire regardless of what goes on. Second life is still moving I think when things die down a little more the process for those individuals called will start back up and possible move a little quicker.

• NYPDpoQNS
            NYPDpoQNS commented
            Editing a comment
            Davey53 as much as I don’t want to say you are probably right.....you are probably right. If anything I think you’re being optimistic with the timeline of when hiring COULD possibly return to normal. It could be much worse. There is a chance that all hiring continues as normal but be aware that counties may have major pay raise freezes and new guys could get stuck at rookie pay for years like what happened with Nassau county years ago when the county was in financial crisis. I can also see county departments changing qualifications and allowing laterals who scored high enough on civil service exams to take precedent over civilians with a better list number. If they need to bring more cops on but are still forced to follow social distance practices by the state they may opt to have police officers from other nys depts (nypd) lateral in and go right to field training to avoid crowded academies. This is all just me brainstorming possibilities. Hopefully every thing goes back to normal but right now everything is fluid. The situation is changing every day. We’ll see what happens. Stay safe, Stay in shape and stay hopeful
            Last edited by NYPDpoQNS; 04-17-2020, 09:05 AM.

• CAnde
            CAnde commented
            Editing a comment
            NYPDpoQNS if the county is worried about finances especially since they now owe money back for the “fees” they’ve been tacking on at TPVA to keep the county afloat they would probably switch to 12’s, followed by lateraling most of the deputies since the majority of the deputy jobs could be done by corrections like the city/Nassau/westchester and keeping a few in civil for evictions and judgements, I don’t see that happening I do see them increasing fines at traffic court, encouraging more people to write more tickets and forcing guys on ot. They’ve already implemented procedures to not respond to certain types of calls and are telling people to go to precinct to file reports, if they stop going to aideds they reduce their call volume by tens of thousands of calls for the year and that may keep them stable for now, but realistically nobody knows, whole place could go under and state PD takes over.

• I think it will all depend on attrition, retirements, staffing needs, etc. If they start hiring NYS-certified officers, I would hope they'd give the same consideration for out-of-state certified applicants as well and conduct comparative entry. According to NYS division of criminal justice standards, there are police equivalency courses and those would need to be evaluated by a standards and accreditation bureau to determine whether said courses would satisfy those requirements. I could see officers from out-of-state needing to take courses such as Penal code, traffic code, CCP, and departmental general orders/policy and possibly attending an abbreviated academy. This is all wishful thinking at this point, and something to consider if you're already a certified applicant applying from out-of-state. Here's a link with additional info if you fall under the aforementioned category.

https://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/o...cpo/bcpo03.htm
          Last edited by 2732; 04-19-2020, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Any word on when they will start back up processing?

Comment

• Codeblue24
              Codeblue24 commented
              Editing a comment
              I think processing is going to start again soon. I heard nypd is trying to get a class to start this July.

• Emails went out processes should be starting up again

Comment

• I know they sent the email stating they will be calling soon to reschedule, but did anyone actually receive them yet? If so, are they flexible with dates ?

Comment

• NYPDpoQNS
                NYPDpoQNS commented
                Editing a comment
                I got an email for another position within the county (not police) rescheduling my PT at the Scpd academy later this month. It was previously canceled due to covid. Idk if Scpd sent any out but at least this info will let you know the wheels are turning in civil service and the pt testing is resuming

• Codeblue24
                Codeblue24 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes I received a letter and date for written psych. Not sure how flexible they are with changing dates.

• Simpleguy515
                Simpleguy515 commented
                Editing a comment
                Codeblue24 when did you receive thag

• A few days ago.

Comment

• Background info:

Hello all, I took the June 2019 SCPD written exam and I scored a 95, and my ranking list number is in the 100s range.

However, I did not expect that I would be getting the call so soon after the results. I, unfortunately, I had to notify civil service to temporarily decline the March 4th, 2020 orientation because I am still currently a college student and I still have one more year to graduate.

Question:

I was hoping if someone can give me any idea whether or not how long should I expect another call for orientation? Also, would I still have the same list number, and do I have high odds of being called back again soon?

I have stressed out thinking maybe I might have made the wrong decision to decline this opportunity so I would greatly appreciate any piece of advice anyone has to offer... thank you!

Comment

• Codeblue24
                  Codeblue24 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m pretty sure you just need a high school diploma to be eligible. I remember taking the police test once right after I graduated high school. I think the next class might not be until next year but don’t quote me on that.

• Rickyq99
                  Rickyq99 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you, yes I believe you're right, the eligibility for the test is probably a highschool diploma. I just prefer finishing my college first since I'm already paying for it and I'm so close to graduating.

I just hope there is gonna be another class I can be called for next year. Would my list ranking stay the same, so since I have high list # would that ensure me getting a call for the next possible orientation whenever that may be?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5595 users online. 414 members and 5181 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X