300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you worked off the books for a job, should you list that on resume

If you worked off the books for a job, should you list it.
    Will you be DQed if you list that job.
    Last edited by Dan176; 04-22-2007, 05:37 AM.

good question. ttt
    "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
    - A Cop's Maxim

Comment

According to the detective at the start of the background check, you will need to tell the IRS and pay all back taxes and penalties before you can join. Or you can say you were unemployed, which might disqualify you depending on how long it was. Not encouraging you to lie, just passing on the info he gave us.

Comment

if they ask you why you were unemployeed at that time, just tell them you were going to school.
        "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
        - A Cop's Maxim

Comment

honesty.HONESTY...you wont have to look over your shoulder.thats a good feeling,right? if its your dream job,and you intend to be in it [forever]theres no reason to keep anything.it will always come back anyway...be truthful always.unless its about a womans cooking or butt size.

Comment

I have a friend who was turned down by NYS Troopers for working off the books. The background investigator said that it had been to recent.

He has to take the test again and go thru the phases again.
            Choose a job that you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

Comment

well heres a good one.. what if you worked at a family owned business and the arangement was that by working all bills would be paid for.. For example, I work at my families company and in turn for me working there they pay my school bills, i still live at home so technically they pay all housing, food, etc.. i mean i get some cash for my work but nothing like what i would get if i was collecting everything i was technically earning.. would they consider it a valid employment history or would it be wiser to just not put it down but when questioned say that you worked for the above reasons?

Comment

I would say tell the truth. If you lie and they find out and they can and usually will you will be finished. We had a firefighter get tossed because he lied about how much child support he owed to his ex... yep they found out and he was terminated now try and put that on your next job application. well I was not honest and got fired. It will haunt you forever if your not honest.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2284 users online. 154 members and 2130 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X