Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have another question I have another question. I noticed somewhere written that there are more than one units and specialized operations with TLC police. I found out to be pretty cool, any more insight into the different units and how the department is broken up? Is it really developed that much?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYC_blueblood View Post
      OC spray and expandable asp
      oh okay, well oh okay, well at least that's something. I hope the time comes where they are trusted with a little more since car stops are one of the most dangerous jobs in the field and the entire job title is based off of car stops lol do you work with TLC? Or know someone with TLC? They said to research the job the best thing to do is ask someone who is on it.

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
        NYC_blueblood commented
        Editing a comment
        Well not having guns for tlc officers has been that way for many many years . The agency started in 1970 I don’t think ever tlc officers had guns or tazers. Everyday tlc Officer lock someone up for a VLT violation sometimes felonies . A lot of people are misinformed that tlc officers only deal with tlc licensed vehicles or drivers, the answer is No tlc officers go after licensed and unlincsed vehicles or drivers ingaging in illegal for hire activity . Yes that means car stops of passenger plated vehicles with no guns
        Last edited by NYC_blueblood; 01-20-2019, 06:46 AM.

• Originally posted by Ivannyc1 View Post
      The new look for TLC RMP's
      not going to not going to lie, this is sort of badass. Is this part of a transition or something. I'm scheduled for an interview in a few weeks and they seem to consider themselves as inspectors, don't misunderstand this is the same job, these are the ones doing the actual car stops, making arrests, giving C summonses to those under the Taxi Limousine Commission, but I did not know they were considered TLC police yet

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
        NYC_blueblood commented
        Editing a comment
        C summonses are given to anyone . Whoever tlc officers come accross ingaging in illegal for hire activity can get a c summons or an administration code summons depending on the status of their dmv license when called in after a car stop .
        Last edited by NYC_blueblood; 01-20-2019, 06:55 AM.

• Originally posted by Ivannyc1 View Post
      The new look for TLC RMP's
      Says Police and Enforcement on the same car? Interesting. I honestly liked the look of the old design. Blue and yellow or whatever it was.

Comment

• TUNEDNIMPORTED
        TUNEDNIMPORTED commented
        Editing a comment
        Im talking the one before the current one. It was dark blue base and like yellow lettering if im remembering correctly.

• NYC_blueblood
        NYC_blueblood commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe those colors are for state police . I remember the rmp were dark blue and yellow lettering .

• TUNEDNIMPORTED
        TUNEDNIMPORTED commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah it was definitely TLC. I'm sure a google search would show a few.

• NYC_blueblood
        NYC_blueblood commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I know ... what I’m saying is those are state police colors .

• once and for all once and for all, everyone is so General about the Agility Test. Some seems to say that the push-ups and sit-ups are Cooper standards but the run is different. Other says the run is the same. What is it. What exactly is the Run. How fast, how far, and how much time. Lol ol
      Originally posted by Noelcollado94 View Post
      I have an interview set for next week on Tuesday, are they currently recruiting for October academy or
      will this now be for a future academy ?

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
        NYC_blueblood commented
        Editing a comment
        Something’s can’t be disclosed . Just prepaid yourself condition your body workout do push-ups , sit-ups and go for 1 mile run everyday to condition your body .

• https://petitions.moveon.org/sign/ny...&r_by=20493996

Comment

Well not having guns for tlc officers has been that way for many many years . The agency started in 1970 I don’t think ever tlc officers had guns or tazers. Everyday tlc Officer lock someone up for a VLT violation sometimes felonies . A lot of people are misinformed that tlc officers only deal with tlc licensed vehicles or drivers, the answer is No tlc officers go after licensed and unlincsed vehicles or drivers ingaging in illegal for hire activity . Yes that means car stops of passenger plated vehicles with no guns
        I know this, you guys are not Traffic Agents, in other words... Your law enforcement duties are diverse, I get it, hence why one would find it concerning you are not armed........ Well they.. They seem bothered about it too, I'm guessing you may notbe one of them?

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
          NYC_blueblood commented
          Editing a comment
          Everyone is bothered by it but we took the job knowing there is no gun involved when performing the duties of tlc Officer . Agency has been pushing for it for awhile now . Things have change since I been there from shields , to RMP decals , to patches on uniform . The only missing piece is tasers or guns and o yea law enforcement salary and benefits

Everyone is bothered by it but we took the job knowing there is no gun involved when performing the duties of tlc Officer . Agency has been pushing for it for awhile now . Things have change since I been there from shields , to RMP decals , to patches on uniform . The only missing piece is tasers or guns and o yea law enforcement salary and benefits
        you see, now you see, now that's more promising information. I get it. Work in progress. That's the point, all over the United States every district, county or city has more than one law enforcement agency and everybody knows that. New York City is the one unique place where the only law enforcement agency that is truly recognizes the city police NYPD, and people misunderstand all of the others. I come from yet another law enforcement agency the cover is a specific district and we do full collars criminal investigations, emergency response but ppl didnt give us that understanding. So I was trying to understand if TLC police is on their way or are they stagnant in doing the dangerous Street law enforcement with never having the protection of their city that other law enforcement agencies receive. But it's a work in progress.

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
          NYC_blueblood commented
          Editing a comment
          work is in progress for extra weapons , BUt for me I want to see more $$$$ you can’t stay too long in a job where the salary sucks. A lot of people come and go in this position to other better paying jobs. the stress of the job is just not worth staying considering the pay and danger . Right now we are in contract negotiation but I doubt anything good will come out of it . Most people excited to join will most likely leave within the next 1 to 2 yrs the most, the added stress and micromanagement by bosses it’s just not worth staying around here too long .
          Last edited by NYC_blueblood; 01-21-2019, 07:56 PM.

work is in progress for extra weapons , BUt for me I want to see more $$$$ you can’t stay too long in a job where the salary sucks. A lot of people come and go in this position to other better paying jobs. the stress of the job is just not worth staying considering the pay and danger . Right now we are in contract negotiation but I doubt anything good will come out of it . Most people excited to join will most likely leave within the next 1 to 2 yrs the most, the added stress and micromanagement by bosses it’s just not worth staying around here too long .
        Oh no are you telling me the bosses are that bad? Another law enforcement agency where the supervisor don't believe their subordinates can law enforce. That doesn't sound fun at all

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
          NYC_blueblood commented
          Editing a comment
          The micromanagement is unbearable! In Tlc you feel like a child that needs to ask for permission for everything . O yea supervision is always with you and watching . You most likely will patrol one street over and over to the point you are not excited to go on patrol anymore .
          Last edited by NYC_blueblood; 01-21-2019, 08:05 PM.

• At least if the quality of life for the job was good

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
          NYC_blueblood commented
          Editing a comment
          Quality of life is poor , everyone is stressed and hate coming to work . Im keeping it real .

The micromanagement is unbearable! In Tlc you feel like a child that needs to ask for permission for everything . O yea supervision is always with you and watching . You most likely will patrol one street over and over to the point you are not excited to go on patrol anymore .
        My God this job sounds so horrible now I'm not too sure I want to go to the interview. It would probably be better serving with something like Parkchester Public Safety

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
          NYC_blueblood commented
          Editing a comment
          research both jobs . One is city the other is private , it depends which route you want to go . My advice is start off with city .

My advice also is to ask real questions at your interview . Ask them are the officers micromanaged ?, ask them if officers have any decision making on their own ?or they need to ask permission to supervision to perform any task while on duty?. You do not have the freedom to do what you need to do or think for yourself . Is overtime available on my RDO? Do officers have a patrol guide to be protected against bias rules and write ups ?

Don’t listen to me ... go to the interview and ask these question and see for yourself the answers .
          Last edited by NYC_blueblood; 01-22-2019, 06:47 AM.

Quality of life is poor , everyone is stressed and hate coming to work . Im keeping it real .
        I hope you don't still work there

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
          NYC_blueblood commented
          Editing a comment
          No I do not work there anymore . I left to another city job .

• Old tlc RMP those are ny state police colors
        Attached Files

Comment

• I recieved my medical appointment date today. So it begins

Comment

• Same
            Thought they rejected me.
            Originally posted by Ivannyc1 View Post
            I recieved my medical appointment date today. So it begins

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7969 users online. 451 members and 7518 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X