• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had no idea TLC had an agility test.

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
      NYC_blueblood commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s new now to pass an agility exam . The agency is targeting to hire people for the job with good standards mentaly and physicaly . They are upgrading their standards like every other law enforcement agency.
      Last edited by NYC_blueblood; 10-26-2018, 02:30 PM.

Do anyone knows if tlc will leave special patrolman and delevop they own line? All city agencies should follow cuny and have their own designation. Nypd license division is to discriminatory.

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
      NYC_blueblood commented
      Editing a comment
      Not anytime soon ! This will take years and money to amend the cpl ! A bill would have to be introduce and sponsored idk if tlc would like to deal with that right now when the target is to get officers armed instead .

Originally posted by bravo16 View Post
    do anyone knows if tlc will leave special patrolman and delevop they own line? All city agencies should follow cuny and have their own designation. Nypd license division is to discriminatory.
    huh?

Comment

• Bravo16
      Bravo16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Apparently tlc want to have their own cpl designation like cuny public safety. Many tlc officers can't pass special patrolman due to prior disqualification from nypd like failing a oral psychological evaluation.

TLC doesnt decide that. I believe a bill has to be addressed in Albany to give TLC inspectors their own line in the CPL.

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
      NYC_blueblood commented
      Editing a comment
      You are correct a bill has to be made and sponsored and that takes years to even make it to the governor of ny! Idk if the agency wants to waste time with that .

Why can't they pass SP? Makes me really wonder how they got on in the first place. Whoever is in charge of that needs to get their head in the game.
    Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 10-26-2018, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
      NYC_blueblood commented
      Editing a comment
      Well NYPD goes in dept into your background . So whatever the applicant gets away with during the agencies investigation , they do not get away with during the NYPD investigation . All you have to do is be honest and put down everything in the NYPD investigation . Most people pass for being honest .

Anyone know if they still work 35hrs / week or will it go to 40hrs. Also they updated top pay to $54,018. How many years to get to top pay? Also is there overtime available? Thanks.

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
      NYC_blueblood commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s going to 40hrs and no new contract has been negotiated yet . No one is at 54k everyone is at 43k top pay . New contract should change all that

Anyone know how many people in the academy class?

Comment

Are they still interviewing?

Comment

Just got a call to come in to do an interview on a provisional basis, what are the chances they will actually hire me and what does this whole provisional thing mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by ImOnMealBRB View Post
          Just got a call to come in to do an interview on a provisional basis, what are the chances they will actually hire me and what does this whole provisional thing mean.
          If you are found qualified after the interview (based on how you do and if you have the experience they are looking for) and pass the medical, psych and physical agility test, you will be hired provisionally.

Provisional (as opposed to Probationary) means you are not civil service until you take and pass the exam from DCAS when it is given and your list number is reached. You still have all the benefits and can pay into the pension system but you do not have civil service protection until you are called off a civil sevice list. This means you can be let go at any time without a reason. TLC is NOT looking to terminate anyone, they want to retain people. If you work hard and stay out of trouble, the powers that be will take notice and you will have the opportunity to go to specialized training from NYPD (LIDAR, HIDTA, Auto Crime, CIC) or go to specialized units (SIU, Training Unit, Vision Zero) and eventually be promoted to supervisor or possibly make Detective in the SIU. Some folks have made supervisor or Detective in 2 years because they were hard workers who know the job and take pride in it.

If you have Special Patrolman status from NYPD at the time that you physically take the exam, you jump to the top of the list as long as you have a passing score.
          Last edited by CloudPuncher; 11-28-2018, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• ImOnMealBRB
            ImOnMealBRB commented
            Editing a comment
            So it's just agility no push ups ect

• Hello i got a call and upcoming interview date for this position.

Do you guys know if the agility test is the one similar to what NYPD does?

Any information given is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
          NYS Tropper 10/26/13
          on list 2***

NYS Corrections Officer 2013 list
          Got The Call
          Academy 7/6/14

Yonkers pd 11/16/13

State University PD 11/16/13

Comment

• Lot of folks are asking questions that have been answered multiple times already in this very thread. Do yourselves a favor and start at the beginning of the thread. There's a lot of valuable info about the process.

If you are called for the interview, make sure you've done some homework beforehand. If you show up and can't articulate what TLC does, you will not pass the interview. Too many people who interviewed didn't take the time to learn about the job they were supposedly interested in. One guy was literally wide-eyed and terrified after watching a couple minutes of the applicant video. He said "I didn't know this was a Police job. I'm sorry this is not for me" and abruptly left in the middle of it. That's fine but he could have saved himself a lot of time and trouble if he actually read the job posting before applying to it.

The agency is looking to put in a class of almost 100 new Officers at the end of the first quarter of 2019 and it will most likely be the last class before a new civil service exam is given. Current city employees can apply via ESS. Non-City employees can use the first link below.

https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/index_new.html?keyword=361496
            Last edited by CloudPuncher; 12-11-2018, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post
              Lot of folks are asking questions that have been answered multiple times already in this very thread. Do yourselves a favor and start at the beginning of the thread. There's a lot of valuable info about the process.

If you are called for the interview, make sure you've done some homework beforehand. If you show up and can't articulate what TLC does, you will not pass the interview. Too many people who interviewed didn't take the time to learn about the job they were supposedly interested in. One guy was literally wide-eyed and terrified after watching a couple minutes of the applicant video. He said "I didn't know this was a Police job. I'm sorry this is not for me" and abruptly left in the middle of it. That's fine but he could have saved himself a lot of time and trouble if he actually read the job posting before applying to it.

The agency is looking to put in a class of almost 100 new Officers at the end of the first quarter of 2019 and it will most likely be the last class before a new civil service exam is given. Current city employees can apply via ESS. Non-City employees can use the first link below.

https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/index_new.html?keyword=361496
              You guys still in Queens or did that move happen?

Comment

• The new look for TLC RMP's

Comment

• question question to all of you good folks out there, I understand that TLC police does not carry firearms or tasers yet, but do they carry batons and OC spray like most peace officers we do not carry the others. Hospital police carries OC spray and batons for example.

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
                  NYC_blueblood commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OC spray and expandable asp

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5432 users online. 327 members and 5105 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X