I noticed TLC switched to silver NYPD style shields
      Yup going on a year now

Comment

Wonder why. I liked the detective style. Guess politics as usual

Comment

• NYC4
          NYC4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like they also removed "inspector", and changed it too "officer", i guess thats the new title," TLC officer." Instead of "TLC inspector".
          Last edited by NYC4; 10-19-2018, 10:27 PM.

• NYC_blueblood
          NYC_blueblood commented
          Editing a comment
          The tlc investigation unit still have the detective style shields

Everyone pass this petition around to family and friends also sign it if you have not done so . Click the link below .

https://petitions.moveon.org/sign/ny..._hash=W5eev3gh

Comment

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but what steps would tlc need to take if they decide to arm officers? Obviously they would need to be given firearms training but what else? The mission is agreeable but it sounds like a nightmare to put into place.
          Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 10-21-2018, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
            NYC_blueblood commented
            Editing a comment
            Well from what I heard the city is ready to give us taser gun , then agency does not want taser guns for the offcier but actual firearms.

The real debate is will everyone be given a psychological exam all over again ? If fail what happens ?

Fire arms training is not a big issue CUNY in queens do the fire arm training , they also do peace offcier training also .

Deep pockets...
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Commissioner approval

Comment

Commissioner approval and NYPD approval for firearms. Unless some fine people decide to change the CPL.....

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
                NYC_blueblood commented
                Editing a comment
                Why would NYPD need to approve firearms for other agencies they do not have control over ? They go through special patrolman through NYPD . The cpl I believe grants agencies the ability to carry ... I have not read that NYPD determines that ... can you show me a quote in the cpl that says that ?

Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
              Commissioner approval and NYPD approval for firearms. Unless some fine people decide to change the CPL.....
              Jeez. It seems nearly every agency is dependent on the NYPD for some sort of approval. I can imagine some wont get approved....what a mess that would be.

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
                NYC_blueblood commented
                Editing a comment
                Only special patrolman is what most agencies need NYPD for

Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post

Jeez. It seems nearly every agency is dependent on the NYPD for some sort of approval. I can imagine some wont get approved....what a mess that would be.
              thats how the CPL is set up. A lot of peace officers need permits not only in nyc but also out of it.

Comment

• NYC4
                NYC4 commented
                Editing a comment
                Like I mentioned before, traffic stops in the city or anywhere is a dangerous thing to any law enforcement officer, never know when one of these crazy nuts will pull a weapon out. At least a tazer to help deter or defuse a confrontation. They issued MTA Bridges and tunnels after 9-11, and at that time I believe TLC Inspectors were still doing more traffic stops then TBTA.

Just the way it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post
                Just the way it goes.
                Yup.

Comment

In less than 20 years time...mega merger and NYPD absorbs everything.

Comment

just finished applying i wish i knew about this earlier and as well that it was on the nyc website not dcas, but anyways did the academy started already??
                    NYPD Police Officer Exam 7323
                    Taken: 01/19/2017
                    List number: 66xx
                    Cas 5: 10/10/2017

Initial medical: 1/16/2018 (passed)
                    BI Interview: 07/06/2018 (?)
                    Social Media Check: 07/06/2018 (?)
                    Written Pysch: ???
                    Oral Psych: ???
                    JST: 05/29/2018 (passed)
                    Mini Med: ???

Comment

Originally posted by chris12x1 View Post
                      just finished applying i wish i knew about this earlier and as well that it was on the nyc website not dcas, but anyways did the academy started already??
                      It already started. The next class is April 2019. Anyone who was not called for this class has plenty of time to physically and mentally prepare. Start running and maxing your pushups and situps now, if you haven't already. There should be no reason for anyone applying to fail the pre-hire physical agility test.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8788 users online. 476 members and 8312 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X