• Show
Clear All

Have any of you seen this petition for TLC officers ? Click the link below

https://petitions.moveon.org/sign/ny..._hash=W5eev3gh

Comment

• NYC4
      NYC4 commented
      Editing a comment
      interesting, is a dangerous job. Alot of crazynuts in the city.

Hey I’m new to this forum I just recently had my interview this past Tuesday and was wondering how will I know if I and good to go as far as hiring

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
      NYC_blueblood commented
      Editing a comment
      You should receive an email or mail telling you to report to the next step which is the medical and drug exam, if they chose to hire you . Some people do not make it past the interview .

Deleted , don’t want to come off as negative
    Last edited by NYC_blueblood; 10-06-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• NYC4
      NYC4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good info, Thx.

Oh wow. I haven’t received anything as of yet since my interview on Tuesday

Comment

Anyone know what does the 600 ft running portion of the agility test consist of? Obstacles or sprinting?
      Last edited by NYC4; 09-28-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I have a interview on Wednesday 10/03 any thing I should expect or should I stay with Hospital Police.

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
          NYC_blueblood commented
          Editing a comment
          The real question is what position do I make more money in . What position is there more overtime given ... which position can I buy a new car or a house . Which positions pays me enough that when I retire I’ll have over 100k in retirement
          Last edited by NYC_blueblood; 10-02-2018, 07:47 AM.

Better gig than hospital police. Working the streets is more exciting

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
          NYC_blueblood commented
          Editing a comment
          Weather it’s a better gig or not ... having a better gig does not pay the bills or give you the ability to better your life . Money does and the ability to increase your salary with overtime .

TLC pays more than Special Officer titles and a pay raise is in the works, along with other positive changes. It's far from perfect but good things are happening at TLC.

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
          NYC_blueblood commented
          Editing a comment
          Tlc base pay maybe more but the other titles make more money due to overtime . At the end of the year there W2 will show 50k to 60k
          Last edited by NYC_blueblood; 10-06-2018, 09:14 AM.

• NYC4
          NYC4 commented
          Editing a comment
          NYC_blueblood The hopeful It would of been great if at least the pay was close to 53k-55k range. Sounds like a decent job in law enforcement for having a foot in or as a second source of income. Alot lot of unappealing things about this job on that pay 38k-43k. Not to mention a dangerous one, unarmed making traffic stops.
          Last edited by NYC4; 10-04-2018, 06:50 AM.

Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post
        TLC pays more than Special Officer titles and a pay raise is in the works, along with other positive changes. It's far from perfect but good things are happening at TLC.
        Copy that thanks for the info...I'll post an update tomorrow

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
          NYC_blueblood commented
          Editing a comment
          How much at the end of the year is your salary as a hospital police officer with overtime ?

Depends 55k to 65k+ that's for and officer not at top pay.
        top pay offices 46k to 80k+
        Depends on your command. My command is Mandation crazy we get hit 3x a week and and you could volunteer as well. That how short staffed we are city wide.

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
          NYC_blueblood commented
          Editing a comment
          you wil most likely not hit those figures in tlc currently . So you have a hard choice if thinking about rolling over . Top pAy at tlc is 43k some overtime

The positive is we will be at the bargaining table soon, let’s see what comes out of it .
          Last edited by NYC_blueblood; 10-06-2018, 09:14 AM.

Im a special officer who just hit top pay in July and Im already at 51k a year for my agency. You can make money at DHS as a special officer. It all depends on what agency you go to and than it depends on where you get assigned. All my years working for the city as a special officer I've made more than 50k and my top pay is 46k.

Comment

• NYC4
          NYC4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good thing I took the special officer exam, good info brother.

• NYC_blueblood
          NYC_blueblood commented
          Editing a comment
          Currently tlc top pay is 43k and no overtime can you imagine that ?? It’s the truth .

We are told changes are coming
          Last edited by NYC_blueblood; 10-04-2018, 09:29 AM.

Had my interview yesterday it went well...I did ask about OT an they said there's plenty for everyone

Comment

• NYC4
          NYC4 commented
          Editing a comment
          O.t., nice, some good news.

• NYC_blueblood
          NYC_blueblood commented
          Editing a comment
          Right tickle your ears

• NYC4
          NYC4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol, in the interview thats what they be saying, but talking to some guys during this entire process they all say no over time. 35hr maybe 40hrs.

Is there constant overtime? No. Is there overtime if you get an arrest near end of tour? Yes. Is there a day of overtime available on your RDO or Holidays. Yes. I'm working on Monday holiday OT. Sometimes you have to speak up and request things. A wise man once told me a closed mouth doesn't get fed.

Comment

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from them if they want to hire you. Had my interview on 10/3 of this month.

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
            NYC_blueblood commented
            Editing a comment
            if you have not heard anything yet then most likely you will be contacted for the next academy class.

Spotted some TLC Officers today. Always good to see them out in full swing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4111 users online. 207 members and 3904 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X