300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYC4 View Post

They telling me the USB will be contacting me for a date. Hope Everything went well with the medical today.
    Did they email you this packet? I have to start working on the push ups it's no joke

Comment

Originally posted by Dooooky View Post

Did they email you this packet? I have to start working on the push ups it's no joke
      Yes they did, Via e-mail. Just do as much as you can, and everyday just add one more pushup or situp, Since I'am a little older so I fall in the category of 35 situps and 24 pushup, but i knock out 50-60pushups and 50 situps everyday. I lost it and and fell out of shape ever since I left the Army 15 yrs ago. Getting to 50 pushups took me a couple of week and thats how i did it, try this technic, maybe it can help you.
      Last edited by NYC4; 09-06-2018, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Yes they did, Via e-mail. Just do as much as you can, and everyday just add one more pushup or situp, Since I'am a little older so I fall in the category of 35 situps and 24 pushup, but i knock out 50-60pushups and 50 situps everyday. I lost it and and fell out of shape ever since I left the Army 15 yrs ago. Getting to 50 pushups took me a couple of week and thats how i did it, try this technic, maybe it can help you.

When are you scheduled for the psych? Got an email today to report next week for psych.

Comment

Originally posted by Dooooky View Post

When are you scheduled for the psych? Got an email today to report next week for psych.
          The 10th

Comment

The 10th
            Oh nice! I'll be there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelcollado94 View Post
              Had my interview today, one of the instructors said academy will be next month and then during the interview I was told next year in May. So I guess we’ll wait around and see what they decide.
              Have any updates?

Comment

There is an academy in October and another projected one in May. If you were in the first round of interviews and passed all steps except agility, you will be in October class if you pass the agility. If you were just recently interviewed and passed you are looking at a May class if you pass all steps.

Comment

Hope so, look like a small group of people pass all the steps, not to many people to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post
                    There is an academy in October and another projected one in May. If you were in the first round of interviews and passed all steps except agility, you will be in October class if you pass the agility. If you were just recently interviewed and passed you are looking at a May class if you pass all steps.
                    CloudPuncher , concerning the special patrolman status, do they start this process as well when we gave the detective our ID's, at the first step?

Comment

CloudPuncher , concerning the special patrolman status, do they start this process as well when we gave the detective our ID's, at the first step?
                      SP process won't begin until you start the Academy. Folks can save themselves time later by getting dispositions for any arrests and compiling a list all summonses you've ever received and their approximate dates (other than parking tickets). For any arrest or criminal court summonses you received, you will need to write a detailed statement explaining the circumstances. You must do this for ANY and ALL arrests, regardless of the outcome. Statements will need to be notarized.

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
                        NYC_blueblood commented
                        Editing a comment
                        NYPD only wants arrest records and C summonses . NO parking summonses and no B summonses for SP application

CloudPuncher Ok i see, I never been arrested but I do have dismissed court dispostions for " open container", all dismissed. I have had 3 throu out my life time, and perhaps three to many, im not suger coating that. The thing is leaving the current job and getting into the academy to later find out to get DQ on the SP status. It's uncertain. Wish they did this process from the begining.
                      Last edited by NYC4; 09-20-2018, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
                        NYC_blueblood commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just be sure to get all those paper work you need and put it all in your application . As long as you are honest with NYPD you maybe given a pass.

CloudPuncher Ok i see, I never been arrested but I do have dismissed court dispostions for " open container", all dismissed. I have had 3 throu out my life time, and perhaps three to many, im not suger coating that. The thing is leaving the current job and getting into the academy to later find out to get DQ on the SP status. It's uncertain. Wish they did this process from the begining.
                      It can be frustrating but they can't start the process without hiring you first. Dismissed summonses for minor infractions should not be a big deal. People with extensive criminal history, a history of domestic violence, DUI, DWAI, drugs or other serious or repeated offenses did not pass the agency background check. TLC did a much better job this time around of picking candidates who are more likely to pass the NYPD background check. It's also partly because DCAS was not involved in the hiring and background investigation...they seem to have a habit of "missing" things.

I heard about someone who failed SP because he did not disclose that he received a criminal court summons for walking between train cars while the train was in motion, although there could have been another reason. I also know of people who have been arrested, disclosed the arrest(s) to NYPD and have SP at various City jobs.

How long ago the offenses were, the circumstances and the individuals' age at the time are factors but honesty and integrity are the most important aspects.
                      Last edited by CloudPuncher; 09-20-2018, 10:21 PM.

Comment

This tells me you have drinking issues and a disrespect for the law.
                        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

This tells me you have drinking issues and a disrespect for the law.
                          I dont drink, this happened over 15 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post

It can be frustrating but they can't start the process without hiring you first. Dismissed summonses for minor infractions should not be a big deal. People with extensive criminal history, a history of domestic violence, DUI, DWAI, drugs or other serious or repeated offenses did not pass the agency background check. TLC did a much better job this time around of picking candidates who are more likely to pass the NYPD background check. It's also partly because DCAS was not involved in the hiring and background investigation...they seem to have a habit of "missing" things.

I heard about someone who failed SP because he did not disclose that he received a criminal court summons for walking between train cars while the train was in motion, although there could have been another reason. I also know of people who have been arrested, disclosed the arrest(s) to NYPD and have SP at various City jobs.

How long ago the offenses were, the circumstances and the individuals' age at the time are factors but honesty and integrity are the most important aspects.
                            I see, well ok hopefully everthing works out, just trying to make a career change, I appreciate all your information, Thank you so much my friend.
                            Last edited by NYC4; 09-21-2018, 01:05 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9438 users online. 535 members and 8903 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X