Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know anything about the background checks and fingerprints , isn't Dcas or tlc suppose to get that Started first. Also I noticed that the top pay has increased to 54k, according to the new hiring posting 6 days ago.
    Last edited by NYC4; 08-25-2018, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
      NYC_blueblood commented
      Editing a comment
      I think That’s a typo top pay is 43k there is no new contract as of yet for Tlc Officers. I believe they are at the bargaining table with the city .

Originally posted by NYC4 View Post
    Anyone know anything about the background checks and fingerprints , isn't Dcas or tlc suppose to get that Started first. Also I noticed that the top pay has increased to 54k, according to the new hiring posting 6 days ago.

I was thinking about it too. When I interviewed, I handed in the basics but nothing for a background check. Are you in the process as well?

Comment

The background check began the minute you walked in the door. DCAS isn't involved in the process.

Comment

• Dooooky
        Dooooky commented
        Editing a comment
        Didn't know that. Thanks for the info, appreciate it. Would you happen to know what the agility consists of? I haven't been able to get an answer on the topic.

Originally posted by Dooooky View Post

I was thinking about it too. When I interviewed, I handed in the basics but nothing for a background check. Are you in the process as well?
      Yes , I am. Did the interview , medical, for now.

Comment

Yes , I am. Did the interview , medical, for now.
        Got it. I have my medical scheduled for next week. Hopefully agility and psych will follow after that.

Comment

The agility uses the Cooper fitness standards for law enforcement and consists of pushups, situps and a timed agility run that involves running around cones and hitting a dummy with a baton.

Comment

CloudPuncher puncher At the interview i didn't turn anything in, even after i told the the panel, (the 3 top brass) that i had a dismissed court disposition and ask them if they wanted it then and there, but one of them said no. I thought Dcas had to do something with the background , i assumed Tlc requested any info from the current city agency i work for, Assuming again that i have already passed a Dcas background check.

Comment

NYC4 How was the medical? Were there other candidates there?

Comment

NYC4 How was the medical? Were there other candidates there?
                They did blood work, the ppd, vision, and hearing then the doctor saw me, and yes looked like there was 4 other candidates

Comment

They did blood work, the ppd, vision, and hearing then the doctor saw me, and yes looked like there was 4 other candidates

Oh okay. Hopefully psych and agility are around the corner.

Comment

Oh okay. Hopefully psych and agility are around the corner.
                    yea man lets hope so.

Comment

Is the agility test confirmed to be Cooper standard ? How hard is that teest?

Comment

CloudPuncher puncher At the interview i didn't turn anything in, even after i told the the panel, (the 3 top brass) that i had a dismissed court disposition and ask them if they wanted it then and there, but one of them said no. I thought Dcas had to do something with the background , i assumed Tlc requested any info from the current city agency i work for, Assuming again that i have already passed a Dcas background check.
                        DCAS only does background investigations for civil service appointments. When you went for the interview, you handed your ID to an Officer who gave your information to a Detective, who began the investigation.

Comment

Last edited by CloudPuncher; 08-26-2018, 09:44 AM. Reason: Link doesn't work and won't let me delete the link..

Comment

Heres the Cooper Fitness Standards in PDF format.

Note: Only use this to determine the number of pushups and situps you will need to perform based on your age and gender. Do not use any other section. Upon passing the medical, you will receive a packet in regards to the physical agility test that will explain what you need to do, the number of repetitions and the time. In the meantime, do pushups, situps and run/sprint to prepare.

Cooper Institute Standards by gender and age for police officers.pdf
                            Last edited by CloudPuncher; 08-26-2018, 09:49 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9395 users online. 532 members and 8863 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X