Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taxi & Limousine Enforcement Officer - Provisional Hiring

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I left TLC years ago but before I left I thought they were at least talking about tasers

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SO911 View Post
      I left TLC years ago but before I left I thought they were at least talking about tasers
      Yes lol along with DHS.... all talk so far apparently

      Comment


      • NYC_blueblood
        NYC_blueblood commented
        Editing a comment
        I have seen some DHS officers with tasers

    • DHS did get them

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SO911 View Post
        DHS did get them
        Alriiight lol... Tlc NEXT

        Comment


        • NYC_blueblood
          NYC_blueblood commented
          Editing a comment
          Tlc as an agency do not want tasers for its officers , tlc officers are doing car stops what good is a taser in a gun fight ? . the city did offer tasers to tlc instead of guns. the tlc agency is not 100 percent for tasers so the fight continues for guns with tlc .

      • Originally posted by NYC_blueblood View Post
        Tlc as an agency do not want tasers for its officers , tlc officers are doing car stops what good is a taser in a gun fight ? . the city did offer tasers to tlc instead of guns. the tlc agency is not 100 percent for tasers so the fight continues for guns with tlc .
        What do you think about TLC getting tasers? As they refused to give them guns do you feel there is no point to carrying tasers?

        Comment


        • NYC_blueblood
          NYC_blueblood commented
          Editing a comment
          I think a taser is good and useful but tlc Officer are making car stop they need real fire power . Tasers is cool for security personnel or a secondary tool while having a gun in my opinion . It makes sense for DHS to have tasers , hospital police also . Tlc officers do way much more then those titles and tlc officers are in the streets in all 5 boroughs 24 a day

      • Originally posted by SO911 View Post
        DHS did get them
        I knew tasers were starting to be I knew tasers were starting to be introduced little by little to DHS police within the last couple of years. Is it in full effect? With every officer outside of the task forces carrying tasers? if so congratulations, DHS was fighting the good fight for that.

        Comment


        • As a DHS Officer and a former special operations officer for them yes EVERYONE is trained to carry a taser. It’s only optional as of right now and not mandatory to carry however

          Comment


          • Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
            As a DHS Officer and a former special operations officer for them yes EVERYONE is trained to carry a taser. It’s only optional as of right now and not mandatory to carry however
            awesome to awesome to hear, you guys have been fighting for more tools for a very long time. I'm on the special officer exam maybe I'll end up DHS one day.

            Comment


            • Do their id card look law Enforcement or security?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NYC_blueblood View Post
                I think a taser is good and useful but tlc Officer are making car stop they need real fire power . Tasers is cool for security personnel or a secondary tool while having a gun in my opinion . It makes sense for DHS to have tasers , hospital police also . Tlc officers do way much more then those titles and tlc officers are in the streets in all 5 boroughs 24 a day
                Thay makes perfect sense, I agree. The style of law enforcement most special officers or peace officers do would make sense to have tasers. But most of them, I emphasize most of them, do not do car stops and I would say none of them do car stops as often as TLC police. They should definitely be armed. And it would look like with all the mob incidents, the powers-that-be would notice it by now

                Comment


                • NYC_blueblood
                  NYC_blueblood commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would say none of them do car stops I never seen a special officer do a car stop . Tlc officers are not special officers, tlc Officer have a civil service exam that is not titled special Officer . Tlc Officers job is way different Tlc Officers do not secure buildings or stay inside a building all day long . Tlc Officers are hitting the beat on patrol and out in them streets , taking cars away , arresting felons daily , writing c summonses , b summonses , a summonses daily , going to court to testify ... I can go on and on . You can not compare a special
                  Officer title job to a tlc Officer job ! So tlc Officer needs guns not tasers . When a tlc officer walks up to a vehicle passenger plated in the Bronx , Brooklyn, there is no clue what you are walking into . Or walking up to those dolla vans with bad visibility at night .... I tell ya you can’t compare

                  guns is a must .
                  Last edited by NYC_blueblood; 02-05-2019, 03:11 PM.

              • Got the call for medical

                Comment


                • Originally posted by NYC_blueblood View Post
                  I would say none of them do car stops I never seen a special officer do a car stop . Tlc officers are not special officers, tlc Officer have a civil service exam that is not titled special Officer . Tlc Officers job is way different Tlc Officers do not secure buildings or stay inside a building all day long . Tlc Officers are hitting the beat on patrol and out in them streets , taking cars away , arresting felons daily , writing c summonses , b summonses , a summonses daily , going to court to testify ... I can go on and on . You can not compare a special
                  Officer title job to a tlc Officer job ! So tlc Officer needs guns not tasers . When a tlc officer walks up to a vehicle passenger plated in the Bronx , Brooklyn, there is no clue what you are walking into . Or walking up to those dolla vans with bad visibility at night .... I tell ya you can’t compare

                  guns is a must .
                  1,000% agree

                  Comment


                  • I got the medical on the 15th

                    Comment


                    • Whoa now there NYC_blueblood let's slow down there buddy. I don't know about these other special officer agencies ( well I do but whatever ) but DHS Police only really mans shelters that are problems. We almost finished with 2000 arrests last year. We house felons, parolees, sex offenders the mentally ill. We don't hand anything over to unless it's a homicide, SVU, or the detective squad specifically can enhance the arrest they do not go to NYPD patrol/sector cars. We go into shelters where we're not normally assigned to and have recovered firearms and I'm talking about Ar-15 style and shotguns ( i've personally done this myself). If they have a warrant and in one of our facilities guess who will hold them until we confirm that they're free to go or need to be dropped off wherever or to whoever We do our own escorts for intoxicated individuals, secure our own affidavits, testfiy at grand juries to indict or even at trial. write our own summonses. Luckily and god forbid we have not had an instance where someone came in with a firearm and decided to shoot at us or anyone in the facility but trust and believe they're been arrested for firearm possession and did their time or some other crimes if they're not on parole. Im in a precinct minimum on average twice a week doing a collar, dropping off 61s, using PETS and even sometimes working with the precinct intel, crime and my shelter NCO officers. DONT COMPARE DHS POLICE TO OTHER SPECIAL OFFICERS and please don't attempt to hype up the tlc title as if it's that dangerous. Yes I know car stops are dangerous and probably still the number 1 officer killer encounter but I have friends in TLC and they've told me that TLC inspector is a revenue generator more than it is a law enforcement and you guys don't collar up as much as you're making it seem. DHS shelters make the news TLC on the other hand?

                      Some of these people you see in the news recently are our clients in fact. I will provide you with some that I can remember off the bat.

                      https://nypost.com/2019/02/01/suspec...n-parole-cops/
                      https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...er-conviction/
                      https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...icle-1.3168822
                      https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/29/n...olice-say.html

                      Comment


                      • NYC_blueblood
                        NYC_blueblood commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Like I stated before you work inside a building and you know the group of people you deal with . Tlc officers are outside in the element of surprise . What special Officer makes car stops ? In fact most DHS officers have been rolling over to tlc . Sadly we all have the same union .

                        Tlc officers make arrest everyday ! Every ****ing day. Tlc officers process all arrest at nypd precincts . Then escort to central bookings . Then visit the ADA .


                        Another note go on YouTube and look for yourself on tlc Officer/ inspector, as far as making the news ? Really ? Yes tlc has been in the news go look it up . I though you look to investigate ? Go do that HW. As far as revenue everyone brings in revenue expect you guys maybe ? Nypd write summonses , traffic enforcement write summonses , tlc write summonses that bring in revenue just to name a few.
                        Last edited by NYC_blueblood; 02-06-2019, 07:40 AM.

                      • The hopeful
                        The hopeful commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Of course DHS would go over to TLC your job is easier and the pay right now is more with less OT. We do our own arrest processing to from start to the precinct to the ADA and the borough bookings securing the affidavit and lodging with corrections if they don't deem them a special and we sit with them all day until the judge is ready for them. And we also deal with the outside neighborhood not just our clients who are also an issue. I'm just telling you what my boys who left DHS to go to TLC are telling me. The job is easier compared to the **** we handled in DHS they tell me and this is with the new TLC officer shields compared to the detective shields they used to have. Your starting pay is more and your top pay is more also. You guys start at 39k compared to DHS officers whos start at 33k and top out at 54k compared to us who top out at 54k. So please don't try to down play all special officers compared to you guys. You say we know our people which is true we know they have a bad history and their history continues while in the shelters. They still rape, rob, assault and have EDP episodes EVERY ****ING DAY. Other special officers don't deal with what DHS officers deal with.

                      • NYC_blueblood
                        NYC_blueblood commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not down playing all special officers , just saying the job specs are different and none of them do car stops . That alone is a reason not to compare titles . Tlc officers do do not only just stop taxi or for hire vehicles ... everyone gets stopped by tlc officers who engage in illegal for hire activity and that is the dangerous part . Also telling someone I’m going to take away your vehicle and you will never see it again is on another dangerous level . Special Officer tititles are not doing any of these things .

                        Special Officer titles makes arrest tlc officers are doing that also everyday in all 5 boroughs ... at times these driver have 9 warrants or 511 , 509, or child support and do not want to go to jail tlc Officer don’t know this whole approaching a vehicle until central tells us ... this is the element of surprise and God has kept us safe .
                        Last edited by NYC_blueblood; 02-08-2019, 07:55 AM.

                    • When I was with TLC doing dollar van seizures in Brooklyn we had to work with NYPD, they did the stops of the BBC and because of the unknown danger and weapons these guys possessed, warrants, unlicensed. Many times guns had to be drawn. It's dangerous for Inspectors

                      Comment

                      MR300x250 Tablet

                      Collapse

                      What's Going On

                      Collapse

                      There are currently 7697 users online. 167 members and 7530 guests.

                      Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                      Welcome Ad

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X