Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taxi & Limousine Enforcement Officer - Provisional Hiring

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Taxi & Limousine Enforcement Officer - Provisional Hiring

    TLC is hiring new Enforcement Officers provisionally before the next exam is given with an Academy class expected to start later on this year. They are looking for hard working individuals with law enforcement/military /security experience or a degree.

    Those who work in a law enforcement capacity in any of the NYC "Special Officer" titles or have Special Patrolman status from NYPD and want to make more money and do more police-related work should consider a career at TLC.

    Take a look at the posting for more information:

  • #2
    Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post
    TLC is hiring new Enforcement Officers provisionally before the next exam is given with an Academy class expected to start later on this year. They are looking for hard working individuals with law enforcement/military /security experience or a degree.

    Those who work in a law enforcement capacity in any of the NYC "Special Officer" titles or have Special Patrolman status from NYPD and want to make more money and do more police-related work should consider a career at TLC.

    Take a look at the posting for more information:

    I have an interview scheduled for next week. Is the background conducted by DCAS and Psych/Med by NYPD or do they use an outside vendor?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post
      TLC is hiring new Enforcement Officers provisionally before the next exam is given with an Academy class expected to start later on this year. They are looking for hard working individuals with law enforcement/military /security experience or a degree.

      Those who work in a law enforcement capacity in any of the NYC "Special Officer" titles or have Special Patrolman status from NYPD and want to make more money and do more police-related work should consider a career at TLC.

      Take a look at the posting for more information:
      Hey hey hey I do a lot of law enforcement in DHS as a special officer good sir.

      Comment


      • OC801
        OC801 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree ! You do!

    • #4
      Didn't they just hire people last year? I wonder whats going on.

      Comment


      • OC801
        OC801 commented
        Editing a comment
        They're increasing the number of officers

    • #5
      Originally posted by Dooooky View Post


      I have an interview scheduled for next week. Is the background conducted by DCAS and Psych/Med by NYPD or do they use an outside vendor?
      I remember seeing info on this on the prior tlc exam thread. I would look through.

      Comment


      • #6
        At woodside headquaters I heard a person that works for TLC talking about that TLC is considering to arm their inspectors, I dont know How true that is though.

        Comment


        • OC801
          OC801 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's on the table. The Mayor and or city council has to ok it I think.

        • NYC_blueblood
          NYC_blueblood commented
          Editing a comment
          Correction you mean officers.... inspectors are mechanics In the S&E section.

      • #7
        Originally posted by The hopeful View Post

        Hey hey hey I do a lot of law enforcement in DHS as a special officer good sir.
        I apologize if it sounded like I was trying to minimize or discount the work that you do, brother. I have great respect for what you and other DHS Officers do. You guys and HHC probably do the most LE work of the SO titles. TLC is more police-oriented than most of the SO titles because the work is more dynamic (ie patrol, traffic stops, unlicensed vehicles/persons, arrests, etc).

        Comment


        • #8
          NYPD does the medical. After the medical there is a physical agility test administered by TLC. Psych is a vendor. They are looking at an October academy but that is contingent on applicants finishing all steps so don't hold me to that.

          In the past the hiring process took a long time and was not organized but that has changed. That being said, start getting in shape now. There will be PT standards in the academy and "I can't" will not be an acceptable answer. Like I said they are looking for hard-working people who want to be there. They are not looking to fill seats with lazy or unmotivated individuals who are not up to the task. If this sounds like it's not for you, kindly let someone else have the spot.

          Comment


          • Bravo16
            Bravo16 commented
            Editing a comment
            How difficult is the physical agility?

        • #9
          Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post

          I apologize if it sounded like I was trying to minimize or discount the work that you do, brother. I have great respect for what you and other DHS Officers do. You guys and HHC probably do the most LE work of the SO titles. TLC is more police-oriented than most of the SO titles because the work is more dynamic (ie patrol, traffic stops, unlicensed vehicles/persons, arrests, etc).
          I was joking no hard feelings

          Comment


          • #10
            Does TLC still have 4 days on and 3 off?

            Comment


            • OC801
              OC801 commented
              Editing a comment
              So far yes. There was talk of changing it though.

            • NYC_blueblood
              NYC_blueblood commented
              Editing a comment
              Most morning and afternoon tours are changing for 5 days , overnights remain at 4 days , changes are due to the agency leaning more toward a paid 40hr work week . As it is now you only get paid for 35 hr work week and no paid meal .

          • #11
            There is now an agility test that will be administered from what I was told at the initial interview. Medical is not done by NYPD and neither is the psych.

            Comment


            • Bravo16
              Bravo16 commented
              Editing a comment
              How difficult is the physical agility.

            • Dooooky
              Dooooky commented
              Editing a comment
              Not sure to be quite honest. The order that I was told is medical, agility and psych. I might email HR and ask what to expect for the agility. Will keep you posted.

            • Bravo16
              Bravo16 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you.

            • NYC4
              NYC4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Dooooky, what about the back ground checks and finger prints from dcas & tlc, are they leaving that for last?

          • #12
            Medical and psych are supposed to be NYPD and will be in the future. They are using a vendor this time in order to expedite the hiring process.

            Comment


            • #13
              Originally posted by SO911 View Post
              Does TLC still have 4 days on and 3 off?
              Yes but not for long. Everyone will be going to 5 days in the near future.

              Comment


              • #14
                3 days off was sweer

                Comment


                • #15
                  They really need to arm you guys, unarmed traffic stops in these criminal infested streets is crazy.
                  55.......

                  Comment

                MR300x250 Tablet

                Collapse

                What's Going On

                Collapse

                There are currently 8189 users online. 330 members and 7859 guests.

                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                Welcome Ad

                Collapse
                Working...
                X