X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy_V
    replied
    Originally posted by EnWhyPeeDee View Post

One of the suburban police departments that borders New York City.
    Ohh I gotcha
    Last edited by Tommy_V; 12-16-2018, 10:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TUNEDNIMPORTED
    replied

Yeah you won me at suburban.

Leave a comment:

• EnWhyPeeDee
    replied
    Originally posted by Tommy_V View Post

Where are you making $200k/year?

Leave a comment:

• Tommy_V
    replied

I left NYPD in 2011 and have never looked back...much better quality of life, I make over 200K a year, work Monday to Friday with Saturday and Sunday off, and the only person I am responsible for is myself. most importantly, I am treated like an adult at work.
    Where are you making $200k/year?
    Last edited by Tommy_V; 12-16-2018, 07:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EnWhyPeeDee
    replied
    Do people really want out of the NYPD that badly or are you all just trolling?? I mean, that guys name is literally NYPD...not sure if trolling...
    I left NYPD in 2011 and have never looked back...much better quality of life, I make over 200K a year, work Monday to Friday with Saturday and Sunday off, and the only person I am responsible for is myself. most importantly, I am treated like an adult at work.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy_V
    replied
    Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post
    Actually its a lot of NYC L.E careers as well. Everyone is jumping around because they are miserable. People jumping around is not uncommon.
    What’s wrong with NYC LE?

Leave a comment:

• TUNEDNIMPORTED
    replied
    Actually its a lot of NYC L.E careers as well. Everyone is jumping around because they are miserable. People jumping around is not uncommon.

Leave a comment:

• LukeSW
    replied
    Do people really want out of the NYPD that badly or are you all just trolling?? I mean, that guys name is literally NYPD...not sure if trolling...
    Yes, the NYPD has people that want to quit their job like 100% of all other careers have people that want to quit their job.

I know, it's shocking.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy_V
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CAnde
    replied
    Originally posted by RequestingMeal View Post
    Now that I look back on it, I should of definitely left years ago when I had the opportunity. Being single, kool aid pumping through my veins...NYPD was the best there is, living at mom's house. For family life & financial stability...well you know the drill.
    I'm too far along now to go elsewhere & in too good of a spot I won't get into working for other agencies...but if I was once again with 5 years OTJ, it'd be an easy choice with what I know now.
    Im with you 100%, except I did leave, and while my new gig has a great schedule and a take home I wish I left at 5 and I wish I went south.

Leave a comment:

• RequestingMeal
    replied
    Now that I look back on it, I should of definitely left years ago when I had the opportunity. Being single, kool aid pumping through my veins...NYPD was the best there is, living at mom's house. For family life & financial stability...well you know the drill.
    I'm too far along now to go elsewhere & in too good of a spot I won't get into working for other agencies...but if I was once again with 5 years OTJ, it'd be an easy choice with what I know now.
    Last edited by RequestingMeal; 12-15-2018, 08:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EnWhyPeeDee
    commented on 's reply
    you're not making the 200K club in the NYPD unless you're a 1 star lol....

• EnWhyPeeDee
    replied
    Originally posted by CFD230 View Post
    Enwhypeedee never going back
    Correct lol.

Leave a comment:

• EnWhyPeeDee
    commented on 's reply
    No way.....are you insane lol

• CFD230
    replied
    The urge to come back is tough, and I can almost understand it.. I left almost 4 years ago and still find myself thinking every once and awhile what it would have been like if I had stayed.. never left.. or even left and came back.. there is a certain kind of kinship within the NYPD that I don't think I've really seen matched in the other police departments I've joined since I left. But I also am reminded of the improvements in life by leaving.. simple things like watching the Thanksgiving parade at home on TV with my young son, or just being lucky enough to have off on 4th of July etc and knowing that I would have probably been at work if I were working in NYC, stuck on some detail on my feet for 12 hours.. or whenever there's a clearly justified use of force but the NYC media, politicians and whoever else are demanding you be tried for a capital offense. It's not to say that things like this don't happen outside the city, but NYC takes the cake when it comes to cop hating. Sometimes I almost find myself saying the new job is too quiet but I am quickly brought back to reality to the days where I couldn't wait to GTFO of there. Financially does it make sense? Not just the present but for the retirement? NY really did themselves in when they adopted Tier 3 back in 2009. The tough part is having to make up your mind in a relatively short time, it takes sometimes almost a year to really know if you like your new job and you would have probably already needed to start getting your ducks in a row to come back to nypd before you know enough about the new job. I found myself doubting my decision at times simply out of hating change or being out of my comfort zone.. or regretting the decision because I lost some seniority or perks by leaving.

Another strange thing is that I often find myself feeling embarrassed for NYPD cops now that I'm gone. It's almost snobbish or equivalent to an out of body experience. the job treats most people in the rank of PO as if they were children.. many people are in terrible physical shape and have no command presence.. any independent decision making in the field is stripped away.. the lack of access to training..
    Last edited by CFD230; 12-09-2018, 01:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7566 users online. 420 members and 7146 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X