300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAPD (Port Authority Police) 2017 Test

I’m not sure what happened to the 2017 PAPD topic. It’s gone all of the sudden.

I’m processing from the first batch. I already finished background and I’m still waiting on a call/email for the psych and medical exams. I know that some people were already called. Is anyone still waiting?

I was looking for the original 2017 thread as well. I was going to post to say that they did another lottery round from those applications from 2017 that were not already selected to move forward. Once again, lady luck was not on my side. Maybe they'll get to a third lottery in 2019!

Comment

Finished my background Investigation, was told I would hear from the board If I got approved mid - late June, anyone else just finish their investigation recently?

Comment

I finished background, written+oral psych, and the medical in mid-May. Now I'm just waiting for any information.

Comment

i started gathering some of the paperwork and man its a lot more tedious than the nypd was

Comment

Got my letter of employment today. Anyone get anything?

Comment

• barbelle973
              barbelle973 commented
              Editing a comment
              Got mine too! Congratulations.

• Crissnj
              Crissnj commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey I did all the steps finished with my medical last week. How long until you heard something? Did you receive a letter in the mail or an email ?? Is it safe to say if you are asked to come back for a medical you passed your oral ??

Did they mail you guys the letter or email? Just curious how many oral Phycs did you take and did they schedule you for a medical right after?

Comment

• Franco2094
              Franco2094 commented
              Editing a comment
              By email. One oral psych and medical the week after. Getting two oral appointments is bad news for most

• barbelle973
              barbelle973 commented
              Editing a comment
              Same. One oral and the medical a few days after.

Cool guys thanks for the advice. When did you guys take your medical? Do you remember the date?

Comment

Can anyone explain the medical part for me? 2 years ago I had a strained right shoulder and I tore my labrum partially. I healed through physical therapy and am perfectly fine with full range of motion. Never had surgery. Will the medical portion dq me for this? Thanks.

Comment

• BigM21
                BigM21 commented
                Editing a comment
                The physical is in depth, they do chest x-rays, eyes, hearing, breathing, ekg, full body scan, blood work and urine. They shouldn't DQ you because you had surgery. Did you take the Oral Psych yet? How many did you have to take?

• Franco2094
                Franco2094 commented
                Editing a comment
                I had reconstructive surgery on my hip and have seven screws, but still passed. As long as you’re able to get the documentation they request from your surgeon, you should be fine

• SIcop
                SIcop commented
                Editing a comment
                Well I never had surgery. I healed through physical therapy and time. My doctors didn’t think I needed it. I just don’t want port authority to see me as a liability even though my shoulder is fine.

Hey all - I want to sell some of the PT gear ( 4 shorts blue and a pair of sweatpants also blue), 4 grey shirts and a pair of navy blue pants. Let me know if you interested and i will give sizes and price.

Comment

Did any do the medical BEFORE doing the Pysch? It seems like everyone does the pysch THEN the medical but it seems like im doing the medical FIRST. Just seeing if anyone has the same experience. Thanks

Comment

how long after the written till you get results

Comment

Has anyone heard anything from papd in regards to the oral psyc or medical for the 2018 September academy yet?

Comment

Has anyone heard anything from papd in regards to the oral psyc or medical for the 2018 September academy yet?

Comment

Got my results in email yesterday. Next step is physical fitness test

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10863 users online. 413 members and 10450 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X