Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I scored a 90 on the exam...I'm 34 years old and currently a nyc corrections officer how long do you think it will take until they notify me about the academy...I don't want to be a old rookie if possible

Comment

Originally posted by jahson83 View Post
      I scored a 90 on the exam...I'm 34 years old and currently a nyc corrections officer how long do you think it will take until they notify me about the academy...I don't want to be a old rookie if possible
      What sup bro. I’m currently in the corrections academy. Ready to transfer over to nypd right after. I took the 2014 Nypd exam and got placed on psych review. As far as i know they take a good 1 and a half year or 2 to start processing after you take the test. I took the nypd exam again to give it another shot.

Comment

• wavyep94
        wavyep94 commented
        Editing a comment
        Im currently in doc academy aswell, i retook the PD exam to give it anothet shot aswell

Originally posted by jahson83 View Post
      I think the process has been a lot faster lately so I will say a year at max could be less

Comment

• 1337feetc
        1337feetc commented
        Editing a comment
        There's about 5000-6000 people that passed 7326 exam series and are just starting to get processed this fall as APD said. On top of that you also have people over 7500 from 7323( this exam series has 11,000 people that passed) that also have to finish their process.Sadly you guys have a long wait before you get into the academy...

Originally posted by Josel1992 View Post

I think the process has been a lot faster lately so I will say a year at max could be less
      I don't see how thats possible. I got a 94 on the test, and they told everyone there it would be 9-12 months just to get the "official score" and ranking. Took the exam in June. That's March at the earliest for a ranking.

Comment

Got 100 on the test according to the immediate results. Hoping that the process will be quick once results come out but seeing that it can take up to 18 months to start the process from the ending of the exam is disappointing.

Comment

• KateA
          KateA commented
          Editing a comment
          It actually takes between 9-12 months.

• Space Ranger
          Space Ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          According to NYPD recruit it takes that long to get the list numbers. But when people ask them how long before the process starts NYPD recruit says 18 months. When asked what's at the 18 month period they replied background investigation. Part of me feels 18 months is average which is why they say it but if you get a better score you go quicker.

UPDATE: According to Candidate Relations, “The list numbers will be sent out in Summer 2019. Processing will begin a few months after that.”

Comment

• Space Ranger
          Space Ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          How did you find this out ? I thought DCAS has control over the list formation and release.

Space Ranger I contacted NYPD Candidate Relations department and they told me.

Comment

Hey! So I called candidate relations today and they said 8339 should expect list numbers by March

Comment

Let’s assume we do get our official results in March, how long would it take for them to call candidates on our list?

Comment

• KateA
              KateA commented
              Editing a comment
              Sometime between June-September

Between one and three years.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10716 users online. 328 members and 10388 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X