Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not looking forward to this psychological exam I'm gonna take soon. Ugh... So stressful

Comment

• Originally posted by elrith View Post
      Not looking forward to this psychological exam I'm gonna take soon. Ugh... So stressful
      Don’t stress out that’s the worst you can do just be yourself and be honest. Tell the truth and you’ll be fine. Goodluck !

Comment

• Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well
        I finished my collage and high school overseas. Brought my collage transcript and had it evaluated already. But couldn’t get my high school one. Only had a copy ( not original ) had it translated as well. But my BI still asking me for the original one, since I can’t get it from there for the city look down and closure, what should I do now ?
        is it an issue that might delay the process ?
        one more thing, I finished everything but the Oral !
        emailed, called and they said just wait you will be contacted...
        anyone else have the same issue.. just wondering!
        Last edited by ulvok; 06-02-2020, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Hi All

With the budget being renewed in July, do you think they will push back the July academy class? Due to a potential cut?

Comment

• Tata204
            Tata204 commented
            Editing a comment
            At this point no one really knows. But DeBlasio seems to not wanna make major cuts to nypd so I doubt it. We will find out in the next 2 weeks

• HK0701
            HK0701 commented
            Editing a comment
            Appreciate the response, yeah I was thinking the same. You got any idea for when they will let candidates know if they made the July academy?

• Tata204
            Tata204 commented
            Editing a comment
            Expect hiring emails to go out 2 weeks before academy. So IF the academy is still scheduled July 1st as they stated, expect emails as early as June 15-17.

• Anything can change in terms of budget. Especially with the protest calling for “defund the police”. Regardless the anti-cop sentiment is too much right now. Probably not the best time to come on the job. I think I might pass if they contact me in 2 weeks.

Comment

• Tata204
            Tata204 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just remember u wont be on the streets until January 2021. But yes the anti police rhetoric is getting out of hands

• Originally posted by Jm0418 View Post
          Anything can change in terms of budget. Especially with the protest calling for “defund the police”. Regardless the anti-cop sentiment is too much right now. Probably not the best time to come on the job. I think I might pass if they contact me in 2 weeks.
          Tata204 well technically you will be before that. Most likely set to graduate before NYE and be on fixed posts by then. Will also be out for the thanksgiving parade if its happening this year.

Comment

• Tata204
            Tata204 commented
            Editing a comment
            Isn’t the academy 6 months though? I can see graduation before New years but not Thanksgiving. Either way, wish u the best in your future endeavors.

• f1r3
            f1r3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Tata204 ya, most of the time when you join the July or January class you graduate before the major events so that they can put you out for fixed posts. So in this case it'd be NYE or July 4th. Same for January class, it'd be the pride parade.
            Last edited by f1r3; 06-07-2020, 04:21 AM.

• Rochellep91
            Rochellep91 commented
            Editing a comment
            If your in the July Class your first detail after Graduation will be NYE then you will be put into your command. No fixed post unless they brought back Impact. They are still doing the Field training. I’m OTJ
            Last edited by Rochellep91; 06-07-2020, 09:26 AM.

• Originally posted by Jm0418 View Post
          Anything can change in terms of budget. Especially with the protest calling for “defund the police”. Regardless the anti-cop sentiment is too much right now. Probably not the best time to come on the job. I think I might pass if they contact me in 2 weeks.
          If right now isn't the best time to get on then when will it be the best time? Everything that's happening now has a chance to happen within our 20+yrs in our careers. To each their own.

Comment

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            No time is a good time to get on. The sooner you get on the sooner you'll be looking to get out.

• With the new budget cuts de blasio announced yesterday, is there a chance the July academy won’t happen?

Comment

• Tata204
            Tata204 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep there is a chance.

• HK0701
            HK0701 commented
            Editing a comment
            De Blasio didn’t really seem to mention any budget cuts for new hires and academy classes. Hopefully the July class will still go on.

• Do you think will stop hiring? I guess this will effect the class after July as well

Comment

• Tata204
            Tata204 commented
            Editing a comment
            There is a possibility.

• Please inform me but if the hiring was to stop what would happen to Nypd recruit and the candidate assessment division? What about all the doctors, nurses and investigators? If they wanna save money why not just Have a smaller class? And now with 30k+ officers working 12hr tours wouldn’t it be cheaper to hire officers who are going to be at base pay? Sorry If I’m ranting I’m just confused.

Comment

• Tata204
            Tata204 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well I agree with you on the doctors and **** lol. As for the officers at CAD, they will just be deployed to commands. Also, RDOs are back so officers are no longer working 12 hour shifts.

• Rochellep91
            Rochellep91 commented
            Editing a comment
            RDOs are back but we are still working 12hour shifts until further notice

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            You're confused? If you were on the job you'd be even more confused about how things work and how the cops are treated.

• Originally posted by S13ChrisM View Post
          Please inform me but if the hiring was to stop what would happen to Nypd recruit and the candidate assessment division? What about all the doctors, nurses and investigators? If they wanna save money why not just Have a smaller class? And now with 30k+ officers working 12hr tours wouldn’t it be cheaper to hire officers who are going to be at base pay? Sorry If I’m ranting I’m just confused.
          CAD will be CAD and still process other applicants for future hires and investigations. There's a lot of people to go through in the exams.

Comment

• BNWS
            BNWS commented
            Editing a comment
            They pay you and your family medical too. So fewer officers at a higher pay doing OT may be cheaper.

• That’s life. Apply elsewhere, but know budgets are thin and hiring may stop for years.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Anything further as of yet for July?

Comment

• After completing your oral psych, do they notify you via email if you have been placed on psych review?

Comment

• mgoudz
                mgoudz commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea by email..i had my mini med scheduled and it was cancelled. But in the email they wrote physiological review. So whoever sent the email out either typoed or idk.

• Last edited by ky.96; 07-14-2020, 06:37 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4953 users online. 350 members and 4603 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X