300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background investigator question

I'm unclear about what my relationship is supposed to be with my background investigator. I thought at first it was sort of a recruiter, someone who is trying to fill some much-needed spots in the department. Somebody I could ask questions, get a little information from, etc. But mine is pretty obnoxious, and I'm wondering if maybe this is supposed to be more like they're out to get me and I need to keep my distance, or maybe that when they say "jump" I'm just supposed to ask how high.

I don't necessarily have a problem with any of those (although it seems pretty stupid to start hazing people before they even join - even the Marines wait long enough to swear you in first) but I just don't know what I'm supposed to do here.

It's not a matter of having my feelings hurt. I can put up with endless amounts of nonsense. That's not the issue. It's a matter of not having any idea how I'm supposed to act. I want to know whether this is supposed to be an adversarial relationship or if I can expect to talk to my BI like an actual person. Am I a suspect or am I a recruit?

Comment

Just act professional at all times. Maybe hes and a**, or maybe he is just trying to see how youll react. Either way, remain professional and ask him if there is anything you can do to to facilitate his Investigation, IE updated phone numbers on references, etc (even if you know everything is accurate, shows a willigness on your part to join)....

Just my opinion....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4572 users online. 317 members and 4255 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X