Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to hug your Trooper

Hey
    Anybody working in New York should be sure that they have a pal in the Troops.
    They are issuing the new 45gaps which means a new Safariland 295 is also issued.

I was told that the Troops are being allowed to "hand down" the current 295 holsters that are for the G17 or G22s to LEOs.

I was offered one almost brand new yesterday ... I didn't need it so a Deputy was gifted. They have the clamshell belt loop versus the polymer that Safariland is currently pushing. (current retail about $150 )
    Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
    Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

I would like one, I have to get my glock first though. (current XD owner)
    IGNORE LIST - Banastretarlton AKA "banana boy"

"In the fields of observation chance favors only prepared mind"
    -----Louis Pasteur

"Sweat in training saves blood on the battlefield."

-------Col. David "Hack" Hackworth

On my 7 year old 2nd Grade Class wall

------------YOU are RESPONSIBLE for YOUR OWN ACTIONS

Comment

hmmmm might have to start being nice to some of my trooper buddies...

i have a 295 with the polymer belt atttachment right now. the leather piece is much nicer.
      -Sean

Comment

I own a Glock 21 (the .45 auto). I love it. I wouldn't want to shoot anything else. Is there much difference between the GAP and the auto rounds as far as how the weapon "feels" when you fire it? I mean the recoil and accuracy, does it still feel like a .45?
        Last edited by aikido kid; 04-08-2007, 07:20 PM.
        "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Comment

How do we get a holster? Just go to the local barracks, show our badge and ask for one?

Mike
          New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

Originally posted by CO1989
            How do we get a holster? Just go to the local barracks, show our badge and ask for one?

Mike
            NO.. I doubt if that would work very well. Each Trooper will have his personal holster ( from the G17 ) given to him.... from what I was told ....to do with as he wishes.

If you have no Troop friends you're probably S.O.L.
            Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

ha ha ha thanks for the info. No I don't have any close Troop friends, so yes I'm SOL.

Mike
              New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Geezer
                Each Trooper will have his personal holster ( from the G17 ) given to him.... from what I was told ....to do with as he wishes.
                This is not true, at least not in my Troop. I haven't been to the range yet this spring, but I have asked some of the guys that have been. Nobody gets to keep their old holster.
                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

OK...Sorry for the bad info. Just repeated what I was told. The info came from a member of your SRT so perhaps it only applied to them...but I'm pretty sure he stated otherwise.

Do you qualify at the range in Albany?

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Geezer
                    OK...Sorry for the bad info. Just repeated what I was told. The info came from a member of your SRT so perhaps it only applied to them...but I'm pretty sure he stated otherwise.

Do you qualify at the range in Albany?
                    No, I'm in another part of the state.
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

They took my holster, but I'm not from the Albany area either. I love my new gun by the way! It makes very big holes and it's brand spakin' new

Comment

Originally posted by GrayState
                        They took my holster, but I'm not from the Albany area either. I love my new gun by the way! It makes very big holes and it's brand spakin' new

Big Holes=Good!
                        Choose a job that you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

Comment

turned in my holster -

funny thing, stand the 45 round next to the 9 and it looks like the #10.

f'n awsome gun

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4485 users online. 312 members and 4173 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X