NYC Auxiliary Police Members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "statement retracted"
    Last edited by nyc1219; 11-30-2008, 06:30 PM.
    Jesus didn't tap

"You will sweat in here so you don't bleed out there"

"Recruit, I will smoke you!!"

Comment

• I have a question guys, what happen if auxiliary such as Suffolk County PD Auxiliary use their firearm and something goes wrong, what's gonna to happen? Will Suffolk County PD cover them?

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostJ View Post
        I have a question guys, what happen if auxiliary such as Suffolk County PD Auxiliary use their firearm and something goes wrong, what's gonna to happen? Will Suffolk County PD cover them?
        Since their department allows them to carry, the department and the county would indemnify them.
        Exams Taken/Jobs Applied For
        NYPD-2010
        NYC DEP Police-2010
        NYC Special Officer-2010
        NYRA Peace Officer-2010
        Suffolk County Police-2011
        MTA Police-2013
        Port Authority Police-2013
        TBTA-2014
        Agencies Already Employed By
        NYRA Peace Officer-2010-2012
        Sea Gate Police-2012-2013
        NYPD Auxiliary Police-2009-2014
        NYC Department of Homeless Services Police-2012-Present

Comment

• After the 2 APOS were killed last year I saw several articles where John Hyland and other APBA LEADERS Say they were against arming APO's,, how can you say that your people are for it, when Hyland ond other senior APOS have come out in the press and said no way ??????????????????????????

Comment

• Originally posted by 2971511 View Post
            After the 2 APOS were killed last year I saw several articles where John Hyland and other APBA LEADERS Say they were against arming APO's,, how can you say that your people are for it, when Hyland ond other senior APOS have come out in the press and said no way ??????????????????????????
            Are you kidding? I heard nothing like that. And even if he is against it, there are other unions such as the APSBA and NYSAAP who might be for it. The APBA isn't the only association for NYPD Aux PO's.
            NYPD-2010
            NYC DEP Police-2010
            NYC Special Officer-2010
            NYRA Peace Officer-2010
            MTA Police-2013
            TBTA-2014

Comment

• apba is a joke. they take you money and mail you the same letter with the date blotted out, and the same flyers about having a funneral at some place. they have done nothing and will do nothing for anyone but them. i knew 2 guys on the board who left because they were sick of it.
              Jesus didn't tap

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc1219 View Post
                apba is a joke. they take you money and mail you the same letter with the date blotted out, and the same flyers about having a funneral at some place. they have done nothing and will do nothing for anyone but them. i knew 2 guys on the board who left because they were sick of it.
                I agree. The APSBA is the union that has been fighting for change for the Program. The only thing the APBA is good for is the optional dental and optical plans it offers its members.
                NYPD-2010
                NYC DEP Police-2010
                NYC Special Officer-2010
                NYRA Peace Officer-2010
                MTA Police-2013
                TBTA-2014

Comment

• Auxiliary Police article

Auxiliary Cops Seek Gains In Stature and Training; Class Graduates Next Spring-TC

By TOMMY HALLISSEY

The year-old Auxiliary Police Supervisors Benevolent Association is gearing up for the first Auxiliary Police Officer graduation, at the end of March or the beginning of April, since training for such officers became more uniform and regimented after the fatal shooting of two Auxiliaries 20 months ago.

A Class of 800

The Auxiliary Police, which now has a headquarters in Kew Gardens staffed with an NYPD commanding officer, has about 800 men and women in the graduating class that started in September. The ceremony will be held at either Columbia University or Riverside State Park. The training featured classes one day a week for four months. Never before was there an auxiliary graduation because admission into the organization was scattered across the city at the precinct level. There are now plans for two classes a year just like the Police Department.

William Rivera, the founder of the APSBA, recently met with Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly to discuss his organization's needs. "We are the free police," he said. "We don't cost the city a penny, that's our plea." He asked the Commissioner for an assortment of things, including batons and MACE for his officers, which he suggested could be used on a trial basis in a pilot program with Auxiliary supervisors.

Mr. Rivera said the new more-formalized training for auxiliaries should help to improve the career path. "Right now, it looks good on a resume, but it is not really a stepping-stone," he said. "We want it to not just look good on the resume, but put points on the test for Police Officer."

The deaths of Auxiliary Police Officers Nicholas T. Pekearo, 28, and Yevgeniy Marshalik, 19, who were responding to a call following a murder at a Greenwich Village pizzeria in March 2007, spurred Mr. Rivera to form this association, which is separate from the Auxiliary Police Benevolent Association. The deaths of these two officers, he said, were a catalyst for the NYPD to implement a more centralized borough-based approach to training auxiliaries. "We don't want this to happen again," Mr. Rivera said. "We need better tools, better equipment and better training." At the graduation, the valedictorian of the class will be presented with an award in the name of the two murdered auxiliaries.

Seek Stiffer Assault Penalties

Legislatively, the association plans to continue a push for a felony assault bill for Auxiliary Police because currently those who assault such officers only face a misdemeanor. "We want them to know when you assault an Auxiliary Police Officer, it's a felony," Mr. Rivera said. "We need to be protected like other agencies equally." After years of lobbying, Traffic Enforcement Agents got similar protection last summer.

Also on the agenda of the nascent organization is a Volunteer Peace Officers' Benefit Bill, which would legitimize volunteer officers, such as the NYPD Auxiliaries, by giving them Peace Officer status. This legislation would establish recruiting and training standards as well as provide deserved benefits.

U.S. Sen. Chuck Schumer stepped in after a public outcry to award the Federal Public Safety Officer Benefit to the two Auxiliary Police Officers murdered in Greenwich Village last year because they were not Peace Officers and ineligible for that benefit. The bill is currently stuck in committee in both houses of the State Legislature.
                  NYPD-2010
                  NYC DEP Police-2010
                  NYC Special Officer-2010
                  NYRA Peace Officer-2010
                  MTA Police-2013
                  TBTA-2014

Comment

• Does anyone get any trouble from MTA train clerks/bus drivers when you try to get in for free?

I'm always trying to get in through wearing my cargo pants, NYPD turtleneck, NYPD bag with baton on the side and the subway clerk always gives me a hard time, they say I am not wearing full uniform. He let me through but said next time be in full uniform. I keep the jacket in my bag since I don't want to leave my home in full uniform and let everyone know in my area that I'm volunteering for NYPD

Comment

• Originally posted by pcs258
                      I believe we are only allowed to ride the subways/buses for free while we are in full uniform..ie: when actually on the job

someone please correct me if I am wrong about this

thanks
                      We can ride for free both on and off duty as long as we wear full uniform, but they tend to argue if I were to wear everything except my jacket which is in my bag. I always leave my equipment belt and jacket in bag since I don't want to be noticed on the streets while leaving home.

Would be nice if we can ride for free without uniform. Would be so comfortable and feel lighter since I don't have to carry everything back & forth to station house and home.
                      Last edited by Epyon8486; 12-23-2008, 02:22 AM.

Comment

• telll em you work in transit (find out the nearest pct). works for me, you have to get into the subway system to work right?
                        Jesus didn't tap

Comment

• Originally posted by Epyon8486 View Post
                          Does anyone get any trouble from MTA train clerks/bus drivers when you try to get in for free?

I'm always trying to get in through wearing my cargo pants, NYPD turtleneck, NYPD bag with baton on the side and the subway clerk always gives me a hard time, they say I am not wearing full uniform. He let me through but said next time be in full uniform. I keep the jacket in my bag since I don't want to leave my home in full uniform and let everyone know in my area that I'm volunteering for NYPD

Seriously though... you think the woody baton, the bag, cargos and the turtleneck dont give it away?
                          Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                            Seriously though... you think the woody baton, the bag, cargos and the turtleneck dont give it away?
                            I am just trying to minimize the amount of things I have to carry that has nypd logo. The cargos can give it away a little bit since I have seen crossing guards, traffic, school safety, security guards and those people who cleans the park wearing them because of the extra pockets. So far I leave my bag/baton in my locker and just wear my turtleneck and cargo. The turtleneck won't be that obvious to the public since I have it hidden and I only unzip my jacket when I'm getting inside the subway or the bus and than I zip my jacket up.

Usually the other cops don't give any trouble. They tell me if I have any trouble getting into the subway than I should just go through the gate since the clerk can't really do anything but call for a Police Officer which all they going to do is ignore the clerk for making a big ruckus out of nothing.

Originally posted by nyc1219
                            telll em you work in transit (find out the nearest pct). works for me, you have to get into the subway system to work right?
                            I could take either the bus (which leaves me across the street from the precinct) or the subway which leaves me 4 streets away from the precinct. I only take the subway if the bus is delayed because of the ice or if the bus already left. The bus drivers don't give me any problems they just let me in and I stand at the back of the bus next to the rear exit.
                            Last edited by Epyon8486; 12-24-2008, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epyon8486 View Post
                              We can ride for free both on and off duty as long as we wear full uniform, but they tend to argue if I were to wear everything except my jacket which is in my bag. I always leave my equipment belt and jacket in bag since I don't want to be noticed on the streets while leaving home.

Would be nice if we can ride for free without uniform. Would be so comfortable and feel lighter since I don't have to carry everything back & forth to station house and home.

Why on earth would you be wearing your uniform off-duty. I'm hoping you say it's just to get to and from work.

Comment

• I don't think we are allow to be in uniform off-duty. Not even if we are going to our commands, and leave our commands to our homes.
                                Last edited by GhostJ; 12-24-2008, 10:27 AM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6970 users online. 218 members and 6752 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                                X