300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffolk County Park Police

Anyone have any information on this dept's process following the test? Also, andthing (first hand) about the department would be great. I just received my score from the November exam, and am looking for any information available. Thanks guys and gals!

Anyone? Haha, I can't be the only one on here who took it?

Comment

PP48, I think the issue holding me (I have taken the city exam) and many others from taking that job is the joke of a top pay, and the corrupt treatment of MOS by the city.

Comment

Edited..........
        Last edited by Stackit02; 11-27-2009, 04:08 PM. Reason: EDITED...

Comment

I know the goal is to hire 12 full-time. I don't know if they are going to try and exhaust the old list first, as they were talking about doing (I HOPE NOT!). I actually got a 100, which made my day, but so did 36 other people, so we'll see. Hopefully they want to hire a bunch of people! Good luck to everyone, and keep all posted with any info. P.S. My sentiment is the same as the earlier poster about bad treatment and pay with NYPD. My hands are in several different agencies hiring processes, so something should pan out. Not that I am not happy where I am, but I want something different.

Comment

From what I understand, the Park Police are now being represented by the Deputy Sheriff's union for all contract talks, instead of just being part of AME. Hopefully the Park's will get a better deal once they get an actual police contract. How big is the Suffolk County Park Police anyway?

Comment

They aren't up to max numbers, but as per the minutes of the SCPT, if they hire around 12 from this list, they will be up to max, which is at about 47-50 officers. Did anyome who took the SCPP test, also take the SCPD test from a few years back? And if so, anyone think they are similar? Also, any new word since we got our scores from anyone?

Comment

I got my SCPP score in the mail afew days ago (95), but nothing since then. Probably too early, but if they're processing alot of the 90's from the last SCPD test for a class coming up, who knows if they're going to want to get any Park guys in there as well.

If the PP test is any sign on what to expect on the PD test, I'll be a happy camper. I don't know what to expect from the personality portion I keep hearing about, but I'll take my chances over the math or memory. I've taken two Suffolk civil service tests (PD and Dep) and neither had any memory parts.

Comment

The SCPD test and the SCPP test are completely differnet. Don't think there are similar, as it will work to your disadvantage. I got a 100 on the test, and received an orientation invitation in the mail about 3 days ago. It is set for April 27th as I recall. As I mentioned earlier, the SCPP's goal is to hire 12 new full-timers (hopefully off the new list, and not the old...fingers crossed). Therefore, if they can get 12 good people through the process, an academy would likely be around January of this upcoming year.

Comment

Actually just collected my recent mail today and I got the same orientation letter. Hope everyone is keepin' in good shape. The PT is usually the week after. Peconic, I must have misunderstood what you asked before. I thought you yourself were asking if the 2 tests were similar.

Comment

reposted below...
                      Last edited by Peconic; 04-22-2007, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Got ya! Although i have a question. I heard the PT tests are generally given in early June? WHere did you hear they are given the week after the orientation?

Comment

I was on the old parks exam list got called went to orientation. SCPD does the background check. you had to hand in your applicant packet about a week after orientation. So get your info together now i.e social security info, tax info, selective service,bills, etc. PT was about two and half weeks after orientation. SCPD does the PT test and they dont play games I would say there was about 50 people at my PT test and 40 of us failed the pushups and situps with only ten moving on to the run. you get a thirty day retake if you fail the PT. I wasnt happy with the salary or the steps in salary but the job itself sounded great. good luck

Comment

Thanks! When you went to the orientation, did it seem like alot of the test takers showed up? Or was it a small showing?

Comment

hey glad to help, the orientation that I went to was at the police academy gym and it was filled with everyone who scored a 90. they will explain all aspects of the job and you will be able to defer at that time if your not sure about moving on. just pay attention to every thing about the paper work. You dont want to be the guy who calls SCPD applicant investigations unit and say "Hi this is Park Police Officer Canidate Peconic and can you help me with..." click as they hang up on you. that was always a fear of mine with that department. its silly but I laugh now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5008 users online. 282 members and 4726 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X