Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    So you're actually considering turning the county down and you HOPE that a village will call you? To me that's a pretty big gamble.

• Justwaiting1
    commented on 's reply
    List number ?

• Justwaiting1
    replied
    NCPD_2019 whats your list number around ?

Leave a comment:

• TrunkS3
    commented on 's reply
    If you’re not on a PD, I would suggest going to the county. Even if you’re OTJ with the city, if you want get out quicker I would go to county. What list number are you by the way?

• perpwatcher
    commented on 's reply
    If you're looking for great money hold out for a village but keep in mind patrol is going to be your only option Vs signing with the county you're not going to see the same money as you would with a village but you have tons of movement options based on what your aspirations are.

• NCPD_2019
    replied
    I just received a conditional offer of employment for the county. Does anyone have any advice, if I should sign with the county or hold out for a village? Any information would be great!

Leave a comment:

• warrior52
    replied
    Currently, candidates who have attained a score of 88.000 and above have been contacted to begin the qualifying process. Candidates with residence preference may have been contacted at a lower score. At such time as your score is reached for processing, you will be notified by email.

this is straight from the Nassau civil service website. The previous score of being contacted was 88.400. Just a heads up.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreatBambino
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
    A friend of mine that took this test has a question. He's a little further down the list than I, but it is likely he will be called as well at a later date. He was recently diagnosed with low testosterone (he's been having symptoms of it for years). The doctor is going to try a few natural things to boost his testosterone but if none of those work, the final resort would be TRT (testosterone replacement therapy). He wants to know if he does end up getting that treatment, if that is something that would disqualify him?
    The surgery is easier explained than the "natural things"
    A lot of people go to the doctor to get on legal steroids for "low testosterone"

Leave a comment:

• ANiem
    commented on 's reply
    Rumored to be approx 200 for the first class.

• Cityacademy59
    replied
    Hey guys, does anyone know what list number they got up to for the November class thats in now? I’m list number 44x and I’m wondering if I have a shot at getting into the next class or not. I haven’t gotten a background investigator assigned yet and I thought I would have by now.

Leave a comment:

• BP3
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
    A friend of mine that took this test has a question. He's a little further down the list than I, but it is likely he will be called as well at a later date. He was recently diagnosed with low testosterone (he's been having symptoms of it for years). The doctor is going to try a few natural things to boost his testosterone but if none of those work, the final resort would be TRT (testosterone replacement therapy). He wants to know if he does end up getting that treatment, if that is something that would disqualify him?
    Typically doctor prescribed medicines do not end up DQ’ing
    an applicant however each agency is different. My current agency has members who are on TRT and it does not affect their employment. During my hiring process I only remember being asked if I used drugs NOT prescribed by my doctor.

Im sure there are some agencies that would DQ an applicant for TRT but I do not think NCPD would be one of them.

Leave a comment:

• Blackdevil77
    commented on 's reply
    That’s what I figured. Thanks

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    I seriously doubt it would be a problem.

• Blackdevil77
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Atess27
    replied
    Anyone know what number they might go down till? Also has anyone off this test been contacted by a village? I thought for a village you need a bachelors does anyone know if this is correct

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12120 users online. 476 members and 11644 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X