Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scannerdarkley
    commented on 's reply
    I graduated this June. I heard my info from the top like I said. A minimum of 2 classes off this list. I wrote that in this chat to give some clarification because I was once on this forum hoping for any bit of insight.

• Simpleguy515
    commented on 's reply
    Malverne and Port Washington both residence preference as well

• nassau25
    replied
    Originally posted by Zzopn View Post
    Does anyone know how village “lists” work. I’ve been hearing their list for instance, freeport has a separate list than the county’s list.. how would you know where you fall / how many letters get sent at a time etc
    Villages have always been almost totally non-transparent with how their processing works- so as someone who went through the village process and got hired I’ll give you some basic insight. Villages hire directly off of the Nassau list. They typically follow where the the county is with list numbers that they process but there’s two exceptions. The first being a village like Freeport that has residence preference and looks to hire predominantly Freeport and neighboring town residents- they will call Freeport residents from the list first at any score as long as they received a passing score. To the best of my knowledge Freeport is the only village that still has residence preference. The second being the village at hand can express a dire need for hires and those already called by the county have declined to process with their village.

Leave a comment:

• K.Hernando
    replied
    Originally posted by finest0923 View Post
    Has anyone been contacted from an investigator recently ?
    I did my physical last summer fingerprints/background in November still waiting here list number is 23XX to give you a reference point hopefully that helps
    Last edited by K.Hernando; 06-29-2022, 10:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• finest0923
    replied
    Has anyone been contacted from an investigator recently ?

Leave a comment:

• Zzopn
    replied
    Has anyone received village letters recently / approx list number If you did

Leave a comment:

• Simpleguy515
    commented on 's reply
    That might be if the village is a residency preference agency. However, I do not know which villages are what

• Anon123
    replied
    Originally posted by Tryinghard937 View Post

Yeah sounds about right a few people here mid to late 1800s who said they haven’t been fully called. Did you ask about list being extended to clear all this up?
    Ya I did, the women on the phone said there’s no offical information on the extension. She said if there’s no test sign up announced by the early winter of 2023, then there will be a extension of the current 2018 list. And she said there’s talk of a new test being administered as of now.

Leave a comment:

• Tryinghard937
    replied
    Originally posted by Anon123 View Post
    Women on the phone said they’re up to list 1800 for the summer academy.
    Yeah sounds about right a few people here mid to late 1800s who said they haven’t been fully called. Did you ask about list being extended to clear all this up?

Leave a comment:

• Mets Fan 08
    commented on 's reply
    What is your approx list #?

• Anon123
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Anon123
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zzopn
    replied
    Does anyone know how village “lists” work. I’ve been hearing their list for instance, freeport has a separate list than the county’s list.. how would you know where you fall / how many letters get sent at a time etc

Leave a comment:

• Anon123
    replied
    So what list number are they up to now in the summer academy?

Leave a comment:

• LukeSW
    commented on 's reply
    I mean, if anyone is quitting their job already without ever meeting their investigator already, then they are truly hopeless lol

The majority of us here take everything posted on here with a grain of salt, we're WELL AWARE it's all speculation.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4147 users online. 269 members and 3878 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X