X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HighwayBob
    replied
    Originally posted by HighwayBob View Post

Maybe. Where was the ticket returnable to? Traffic Violations Bureau or a local city/town/village court?
    Sounds like you mean the city. I was in the same boat when I went through my background. I had two old red light tickets that I did not have dispositions for.

I went to the Traffic Violations Bureau on Rector Street (now it's moved) and I was able to speak to a supervisor and explained my predicament. She explained that there were no records back that far but she did for me all she could do - she wrote up a letter that said that DMV has no records back that far but that she could say that I have no convictions on my record, no suspensions, nothing outstanding or pending. She was kind enough to print it right there and gave it to me. It satisfied my investigator.

Leave a comment:

• Blackdevil77
    replied
    Originally posted by HighwayBob View Post

Maybe. Where was the ticket returnable to? Traffic Violations Bureau or a local city/town/village court?
    I believe it was a Nassau County ticket. That's all I remember, it was so long ago I don't remember any details about it besides it was a speeding ticket and the street name.

Originally posted by Max99 View Post

If you received a COE then that means civil service approved your background check. As long as you reported the ticket to your BI previous to that then you’re good. Did you take the POLY yet?
    I haven't received a COE, I haven't even started phase 2 yet. I have no problem telling them everything, the only problem I have is finding the records of these things. There's no way for me to get them.

Leave a comment:

• Max99
    commented on 's reply
    Makes sense. That’s why it’s best to disclose everything from the get go

• HighwayBob
    replied

If you received a COE then that means civil service approved your background check. As long as you reported the ticket to your BI previous to that then you’re good. Did you take the POLY yet?
    Backgrounds sometimes do not get fully completed until after hire date. I've seen people get fired in the academy for stuff that came up in their background.

Leave a comment:

• Max99
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
    Quick question about the stuff that has to be submitted. I just read a post in a thread about NYS court officers and somebody in that thread was eliminated because he failed to submit a summons he received when he was younger. Reason this concerns me is because there were a couple of things I absolutely could not get records on to save my life. One was a speeding ticket and the other was an accident report from when I was 18 years old. DMV has no records of it, and the local precinct couldn't find anything on it either. Do I have anything to worry about in that situation?

Leave a comment:

• HighwayBob
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
    Quick question about the stuff that has to be submitted. I just read a post in a thread about NYS court officers and somebody in that thread was eliminated because he failed to submit a summons he received when he was younger. Reason this concerns me is because there were a couple of things I absolutely could not get records on to save my life. One was a speeding ticket and the other was an accident report from when I was 18 years old. DMV has no records of it, and the local precinct couldn't find anything on it either. Do I have anything to worry about in that situation?

Leave a comment:

• Blackdevil77
    replied

Leave a comment:

• solo1
    replied
    For all thoose who hopefully are getting the call for november we should meetup before the academy maybe do a run or just a meet and great

Leave a comment:

• NCN_90
    commented on 's reply
    We can only hope that the PBA decides to come to the bargaining table in the near future and works out a contract similar to what Suffolk got.

• solo1
    commented on 's reply
    Cjguard no news is good news

• Nhayes91
    commented on 's reply
    Blackdevil77, you can view Nassau's contract and every village contract on Seethroughny website. Click contracts, filter by police and check the box for village or town. Most villages start significantly higher than the county, but every village has it's own pay scale.

• Cjguard
    replied
    Did anyone hear anything after finishing phase 2? Or no news is good news?

Leave a comment:

• Blackdevil77
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, I have village preference. If I do end up with the village, my situation should be a little better, although I have no idea what the pay scale looks like for the village I have residency in.

• Max99
    commented on 's reply
    You’re with a village though right? From what I saw from their canvassing they had higher starting salaries than the county.

• Blackdevil77
    replied
    Yeah I don’t see home ownership being an option until year 6 or 7. That’s with national guard pay, VA home loan, and my fiancé’s salary. Still worth it though
    I already bought a house though, about a year and a half ago. Looks like I’ll have to take the pay cut with a mortgage. I’ll find a way through.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10506 users online. 519 members and 9987 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X