NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January 2018 Nassau County PD Exam

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does anybody know the highest list number hired for the November class of 50 that was just hired?

    Comment


    • Nick_C
      Nick_C commented
      Editing a comment
      I think only around 1800

    • K.Hernando
      K.Hernando commented
      Editing a comment
      People we’re signing COEs with high 2100 list numbers so hopefully it’s higher than 1800 where did you hear that?

    • Nick_C
      Nick_C commented
      Editing a comment
      Just an assumption, 50 man class and I know a guy who just went in who's mid 1700's. So I would say reasonably it'd be 1800 unless there was just a ton of people getting DQd or not taking it. Don't get me wrong, my list number is horrendous, I hope they called people well into the 2's lol

  • Yeah it’s whatever I’m going into the academy with us customs next month. I was just wondering

    Comment


    • Originally posted by cb6941 View Post
      I took my fitness test back in October of 2021. I scored an 83.5.
      My list number is 3057 I guess I won’t be hearing back from them ever lol.
      Yeah it’s whatever I’m going into the academy with us customs next month. I was just wondering

      Comment


      • No, for this November class the last list # hired was in the very low 210X’s.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Zzopn View Post
          No, for this November class the last list # hired was in the very low 210X’s.
          211x

          Comment


          • Next class is when, May? Heard from the rumor mill about April?

            Comment


            • Hey guys, I took and passed the physical in March. I didn’t get written confirmation of passing in the mail or anything about it. Also has anyone who passed the physical in March, heard anything or got called for the next steps ? Thanks

              Comment


              • People from summer 2021 haven’t been contacted after the PFT yet. I personally think Nassau bit off more than they could chew by dropping the score so much in a short amount of time. I hope I’m dead wrong but we will see..

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ericcartman34 View Post
                  People from summer 2021 haven’t been contacted after the PFT yet. I personally think Nassau bit off more than they could chew by dropping the score so much in a short amount of time. I hope I’m dead wrong but we will see..
                  They were expecting to have hired well into the high 2000s by now, but due to fiscal and political holdups they have not been able to hire as many cops as quickly as they planned. With the opening of the new academy the initial plan was to begin putting in 100+ body classes- the new facility certainly can house bigger classes with no issues.

                  Comment


                  • Nick_C November class - last list hired was 211X. Lot of people not taking the job or tried for villages.

                    Comment


                    • Nick_C
                      Nick_C commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Went way higher than I thought, thanks for the update. Suffolk will be hiring like crazy soon, I'm sure that'll pull a lot of people off this list who are also on suffolk's

                  • Originally posted by nassau25 View Post
                    211x
                    To go from list#1700 all the way to #211x (400) to get to a measly 50 number of recruits is outstanding and unheard of.

                    There ​​​​​​has to be a numerous amount of:

                    1. Deferments from list score 1700
                    2. People denying the job due to $35,000 starting pay

                    I'm sorry but I highly doubt there's more Psych and Physical DQs as there is, for instance, the NYPD. The number is usually 1/4th are fully hired, never 1/8th.

                    ​​
                    Last edited by LukeSW; 11-20-2022, 05:44 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Nick_C
                      Nick_C commented
                      Editing a comment
                      These days the NYPD probably hires 100% of applicants, but I agree, 400ish to hire 50 is astounding. It's good for higher list numbers like myself but idk how much I believe that they actually went all the way to 2100.

                  • Originally posted by LukeSW View Post

                    To go from list#1700 all the way to #211x (400) to get to a measly 50 number of recruits is outstanding and unheard of.

                    There ​​​​​​has to be a numerous amount of:

                    1. Deferments from list score 1700
                    2. People denying the job due to $35,000 starting pay

                    I'm sorry but I highly doubt there's more Psych and Physical DQs as there is, for instance, the NYPD. The number is usually 1/4th are fully hired, never 1/8th.

                    ​​
                    This is indeed unusual for Nassau, but there could be many factors that come into play to cause this. One major one that you mentioned is the starting pay. Another is multiple people within that list range recently may have gotten into the last Suffolk class-especially considering it was a 170 person class. Then you also have MTAPD cops for example who can’t justify a jump to Nassau, especially considering they just got a major raise and have unlimited overtime. You had MTA police officers clearing $200k with ease under the old contract, which is now even easier with the recently ratified one. And then the classic case of NYPD guys getting “stuck”; guys who can’t take a pay cut for financial/family reasons. So, all in all, although unusual for the county, there are a multitude of factors that can come into play that may have caused this.

                    Comment


                    • TrunkS3
                      TrunkS3 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      With ease? Yeah if you’re working 1000 hours and everyday at work, not many cops get past 200k and only at top pay.

                    • Simpleguy515
                      Simpleguy515 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      … I would say most of them with ease for the work that is done.

                    • TrunkS3
                      TrunkS3 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agreed but you’re still at work everyday.

                  • Nick_C I missed the November class by 2-3 people, I was on the 55 list roster submitted however the county only approved 50 recruits and I’m low 21XX.

                    Comment


                    • Nick_C
                      Nick_C commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oof. Sorry bro but the bright side is you're in the home stretch you'll be in before you know it

                  • Any word on when this list is suppose to drop again ?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by nassau25 View Post
                      This is indeed unusual for Nassau, but there could be many factors that come into play to cause this. One major one that you mentioned is the starting pay. Another is multiple people within that list range recently may have gotten into the last Suffolk class-especially considering it was a 170 person class. Then you also have MTAPD cops for example who can’t justify a jump to Nassau, especially considering they just got a major raise and have unlimited overtime. You had MTA police officers clearing $200k with ease under the old contract, which is now even easier with the recently ratified one. And then the classic case of NYPD guys getting “stuck”; guys who can’t take a pay cut for financial/family reasons. So, all in all, although unusual for the county, there are a multitude of factors that can come into play that may have caused this.
                      As a former city cop/current MTAPD he is pretty much spot on. I am list number 33XX and will no longer be making the move to Nassau. For me the ship has sailed. A year since the physical and still no word for anyone wondering. For anyone looking to get onto any of “THE” jobs Nassau Suffolk MTA etc…these next few years are key because a lot of the old timers are retiring. Once they do the hiring it will be back to small classes here and there for all these agencies mentioned.
                      Last edited by MLNY95; 11-22-2022, 02:09 PM.

                      Comment


                      • TrunkS3
                        TrunkS3 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I would keep yourself on the village list.

                    MR300x250 Tablet

                    Collapse

                    What's Going On

                    Collapse

                    There are currently 2894 users online. 142 members and 2752 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                    Welcome Ad

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X