Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys I took my physical and passed in March. Has anyone heard anything who passed in March also about the next steps? Thanks

Comment

• Simpleguy515
      Simpleguy515 commented
      Editing a comment
      Waiting and lot of it lol. Some of us have been waiting over a year for the next step and it’s over a year since the drug test and fingerprints

• k9works
      k9works commented
      Editing a comment
      Some of us took it summer 2021 and still haven’t done anything after. You have some time to wait it seems.

• Anyone here have to get a ekg cleared? I know it’s common but who did you see what office did you go see and the doctors name

Comment

• LukeSW
      LukeSW commented
      Editing a comment
      Your best advice is to see your primary doctor now. Years ago, any urgent care would sign off for a physical fitness test. Urgent cares, however, do not have a medical history of you thus why they want an EKG which there should be absolutely no reason for you to pay out of pocket for.

• T-Mac109
      T-Mac109 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did I got the clearance note from him and a clearance note from a cardiologist

• Any update on anything?

Comment

• LukeSW
      LukeSW commented
      Editing a comment
      How soon after being assigned an investigator do you sign a COE?

• SuperTrooper631
      SuperTrooper631 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not soon at all, sorry man

• Simpleguy515
      Simpleguy515 commented
      Editing a comment
      No way COE are in the 2100s

• Nick_C
      Nick_C commented
      Editing a comment
      Where did COEs leave off? I thought they were just about at 2100?

• I’m early 1900’s and there was only 60ish coe’s issued out. There was a few people “ahead” of me too it’s not like I was number 1 to sign

Comment

• LukeSW
      LukeSW commented
      Editing a comment
      If this is true, then the next academy should be around 96..... which would be considered a "large" class.

There's no way in hell they were originally looking to make class of only 24.

• Typically how many days prior to the swear in date do you get notified? Trying to use up my time instead of losing it with my current job. I completed the entire background process, now just waiting for the notification that I’m in this class.

Comment

• Investigators are going out for the next group

Comment

• ericcartman34
      ericcartman34 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you know the steps in the process in order? Would this be good news for the people that have done nothing since physical? Thank you

• Simpleguy515
      Simpleguy515 commented
      Editing a comment
      The order is:

Physical
      Fingerprint and drug test
      Background investigator
      COE
      Written psych
      Medical
      Poly
      Oral

• Just curious, anyone hear about when the next test may come out and when this list expires?

Comment

• Simpleguy515
      Simpleguy515 commented
      Editing a comment
      When the commissioners son gets on

• Simpleguy515 exactly haha I hear the same thing from people saying the new test will be in a year because it was pushed back by him specifically. So if you got better then his son which I hear is an 82ish you have a higher chance or so.

Comment

• LukeSW
      LukeSW commented
      Editing a comment
      You know this isn't true right but rather a coincidence? Civil service is the one in charge, not the PD up until they are legitimately cadets...at which point he can get whatever command he desires.

This isn't the PAPD or the MTA police where nepotism takes effect throughout the entire process.

• jluna8
      jluna8 commented
      Editing a comment
      PAPD & MTAPD are both lottery processes it’s either you get lucky or you don’t. LukeSW

• Does anybody have a link to the list? I can’t seem to find it anywhere and have lost the email with my grade. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by jluna8 View Post
      PAPD & MTAPD are both lottery processes it’s either you get lucky or you don’t. LukeSW
      Yes both processes are lottery based to an extent, however believing that nepotism or having a hook within either department won’t help you get in (besides passing the polygraph or psych exams) is naive. The same goes for Nassau County. You must get called on your own, but juice helps solidify your hire, again, aside from passing the polygraph and psych on your own.
      Last edited by nassau25; 10-21-2022, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Anyone have any forums, links or information to other police agents in some red states? I definitely want this job, but got to apply to some other places in the meantime.

Comment

• Originally posted by 14recruit10 View Post
          Does anybody have a link to the list? I can’t seem to find it anywhere and have lost the email with my grade. Thanks in advance.
          Go to your email search function and type in “police officer” or “civil service” and look for the email. I recommend flagging it so it’s easier to find. When you do, screenshot it as well so you can look in your photos if you forget your score/list number.
          Last edited by k9works; 10-24-2022, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Any updates?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anon123 View Post
              Any updates?
              Nothing different they’re still in the 85s for investigation starting.

Comment

• Anon123 Tryinghard937 i can tell you I scored in the mid 85’s and have completed the entire background process. Waiting for the call for the projected November 14th class.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3780 users online. 233 members and 3547 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X