Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know anything about Nassau's contract negotiations? Are they (PBA) at the table with blakeman, close to a deal, not close, etc? I think the process could start moving along once that's settled.
    Last edited by Nick_C; 08-12-2022, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• I took the physical a few months back and my list number is 35xx and I got an email from NYPD to start the hiring process. The question is should I respond or should I wait for Nassau ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alvaij View Post
        I took the physical a few months back and my list number is 35xx and I got an email from NYPD to start the hiring process. The question is should I respond or should I wait for Nassau ?
        At the end of the day this is your own decision. Nothing is guaranteed, such as getting into Nassau, so keep that in mind. I typically try to be totally unbiased in this forum, however if you would like my opinion as a former NYPD officer, here it is: I would highly discourage you from joining the NYPD. Anyone in the department will tell you that it is quite possibly the most miserable/draining law enforcement job around. Low pay/bad salary steps, profound incompetency at all ranks, poor work schedule, forced OT (many times on your days off), and incredibly low morale are just a few of the many reasons why I would advise against taking NYPD. Not to mention an over the top liberal city government that picks and chooses when they want to support the police- if at all. In my opinion, it is not worth it at all. Again, it is just my opinion, but that is my take.
        Last edited by nassau25; 08-12-2022, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Alvaij
          Alvaij commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it and deep down I don’t want to join NYPD

3309 commented
          Editing a comment
          I concur 100% accurate.

• Is it worth appealing a DQ for driving record and use of illegal substance? I have 4 moving violations and admitted to trying weed twice three years ago. I got recommended a lawyer for the appeal process, but it costs $3,000. Want to see if i have a good chance at winning the appeal since it is a lot of money.

Comment

• K.Hernando
          K.Hernando commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t smoke weed nor have I nor have I got a moving violation... but I would think the weed one might slide because it’s legal now... How bad were the moving violations? And how long ago we’re the moving violations?

If it’s truly a job you want $3000 is not that much money to follow your dreams to give it a shot but I have no idea how that process works

• Anonymous3475
          Anonymous3475 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have one in the last 2 years most of them are from when I was a teenager (21 now). I also work in a police department now so hoping that could help.

• Reggiesaf
          Reggiesaf commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you know the exact reason for the DQ?! I smoked weed few years back and I’m curious if that will get me a DQ

• Originally posted by Anonymous3475 View Post
        Is it worth appealing a DQ for driving record and use of illegal substance? I have 4 moving violations and admitted to trying weed twice three years ago. I got recommended a lawyer for the appeal process, but it costs $3,000. Want to see if i have a good chance at winning the appeal since it is a lot of money.
        When did you get dqed? During the investigation or was it further in the process like poly?

Comment

• Anonymous3475
          Anonymous3475 commented
          Editing a comment
          During investigation

• LukeSW
          LukeSW commented
          Editing a comment
          Take my advice and don't appeal it. A background or medical DQ is much harder to successfully appeal vs. a psych DQ. Any honest lawyer would tell you the same thing.

• Anonymous3475 I think you could have a shot then. If it was something to do with poly I’d say probably not but if it was that early on maybe it might be worth trying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous3475 View Post
          Is it worth appealing a DQ for driving record and use of illegal substance? I have 4 moving violations and admitted to trying weed twice three years ago. I got recommended a lawyer for the appeal process, but it costs $3,000. Want to see if i have a good chance at winning the appeal since it is a lot of money.
          how long have you been on the job for? If you got any of the moving violations, or tried a technically illegal substance while OTJ You probably won’t win the appeal. How bad were the moving violations?

Comment

• Anonymous3475
            Anonymous3475 commented
            Editing a comment
            None of the violations happened while working for the police department. The worst violation was a 30 over speed, but it got pleas down to a lane change violation.

• Anyone hear anything about COEs coming out soon?

Comment

• Are they? T-Mac109

Comment

• They are out yeah

Comment

• Got mine today

Comment

• Brklynfinest
                  Brklynfinest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What was the range in list numbers that received COE’s?

• What are your guys approx. list ?

Comment

• Well … hopefully they send a few more waves of emails

Comment

• ericcartman34
                  ericcartman34 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Which step in process does COE come after?

• ericcartman34 after physical, finger prints/background, and initial meeting with investigator.

SuperTrooper631 and T-Mac109 do COE come in waves ?

Comment

• SuperTrooper631
                  SuperTrooper631 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not just the initial meeting with investigator, your packet has to be submitted and approved/certified by civil service(which takes a bit)
                  And I’d assume they come in waves as civil service certifies packets in waves

• Very true SuperTrooper631 so hopefully more to come

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3478 users online. 191 members and 3287 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X