300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tryinghard937 View Post

Yeah sounds about right a few people here mid to late 1800s who said they haven’t been fully called. Did you ask about list being extended to clear all this up?
    Ya I did, the women on the phone said there’s no offical information on the extension. She said if there’s no test sign up announced by the early winter of 2023, then there will be a extension of the current 2018 list. And she said there’s talk of a new test being administered as of now.

Comment

• Has anyone received village letters recently / approx list number If you did

Comment

• Has anyone been contacted from an investigator recently ?

Comment

• Originally posted by finest0923 View Post
          Has anyone been contacted from an investigator recently ?
          I did my physical last summer fingerprints/background in November still waiting here list number is 23XX to give you a reference point hopefully that helps
          Last edited by K.Hernando; 06-29-2022, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zzopn View Post
            Does anyone know how village “lists” work. I’ve been hearing their list for instance, freeport has a separate list than the county’s list.. how would you know where you fall / how many letters get sent at a time etc
            Villages have always been almost totally non-transparent with how their processing works- so as someone who went through the village process and got hired I’ll give you some basic insight. Villages hire directly off of the Nassau list. They typically follow where the the county is with list numbers that they process but there’s two exceptions. The first being a village like Freeport that has residence preference and looks to hire predominantly Freeport and neighboring town residents- they will call Freeport residents from the list first at any score as long as they received a passing score. To the best of my knowledge Freeport is the only village that still has residence preference. The second being the village at hand can express a dire need for hires and those already called by the county have declined to process with their village.

Comment

• Simpleguy515
              Simpleguy515 commented
              Editing a comment
              Malverne and Port Washington both residence preference as well

• Reggiesaf
              Reggiesaf commented
              Editing a comment
              Don’t forget Long Beach. They have there own separate exam that’s out right now.

• When exactly is the next class?

Comment

• I took my physical last September after deferring it in July and it getting cancelled in August due to the hurricane. I ended up taking doing the fingerprints and drug test in October and haven’t heard anything since. My list number is 24xx. Has anyone heard from an investigator that’s around the same list number as I?

Comment

• warrior52
              warrior52 commented
              Editing a comment
              List 20XX met my investigator in march haven’t heard anything since.

• Simpleguy515
              Simpleguy515 commented
              Editing a comment
              Around you and no investigator yet. Took fingerprints and drug test in September. Physical was in July.

• vbongiorno
              vbongiorno commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m list 24xx and followed the same exact path you did. Also haven’t heard anything yet

• Took fingerprints in October as well. List # slightly behind yours. Still no word from investigator.
            Originally posted by Brklynfinest View Post
            I took my physical last September after deferring it in July and it getting cancelled in August due to the hurricane. I ended up taking doing the fingerprints and drug test in October and haven’t heard anything since. My list number is 24xx. Has anyone heard from an investigator that’s around the same list number as I?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mets Fan 08 View Post
              Took fingerprints in October as well. List # slightly behind yours. Still no word from investigator.
              I’m 26XX and haven’t done fingerprints/investigator so that gives a good idea of where that cutoff was. If anyone was trying to figure that one out.

Comment

• For those with physicals that may or may not expire after 1 year, I would strongly advise you set up an appointment with your primary doctor (if you have one) for a medical clearance to retake the physical. I just went to 6 different urgent care centers for a different job application which requires 1.5 mile/push-up/sit-up and they either don't want to sign it at all or they want an EKG to be performed which is not covered by insurance.

Comment

• SuperTrooper631
                  SuperTrooper631 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was told directly from my BI that once you pass the physical you don’t retake until in the academy

• Originally posted by LukeSW View Post
                For those with physicals that may or may not expire after 1 year, I would strongly advise you set up an appointment with your primary doctor (if you have one) for a medical clearance to retake the physical. I just went to 6 different urgent care centers for a different job application which requires 1.5 mile/push-up/sit-up and they either don't want to sign it at all or they want an EKG to be performed which is not covered by insurance.
                Who told you that you have to retake the physical?

Comment

• LukeSW
                  LukeSW commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No one directly from NCPD and it's not listed anywhere if there's even an expiration date. However it's almost standard for LEO physicals to expire at most 1 year. NYPD is 6 months.

• Originally posted by LukeSW View Post
                No one directly from NCPD and it's not listed anywhere if there's even an expiration date. However it's almost standard for LEO physicals to expire at most 1 year. NYPD is 6 months.
                Just call the civil service commission with your name and list number/date of physical and be advised by them.

Comment

• Hey guys, I got a question. I took the physical SUNDAY, MARCH 6, 2022 AT 10:00am. I passed it. Should I have received some documentation stating I passed.my second question is, has anyone who passed that day heard anything so far. And lastly, what list number are they up to? I’m list number 35xx. Thank you!
                  Last edited by Michael Dodge; 07-14-2022, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Nick_C
                    Nick_C commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bröther....I have some bad news....I took in November and nothing since, people took it a little before me and still nothing for them. You don't receive anything for passing so don't worry about that.

• Simpleguy515
                    Simpleguy515 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I took it a year ago, did the next step and haven’t heard anything. Also change your list number to 35xx.

• Any insight on this fall class? Projected list numbers? Number of heads going in?

Comment

• Nick_C
                    Nick_C commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Last class got up to the 1750s-ish. Last few classes were small so I'd assume same, hope not. I think someone below 2300 should probably be hopeful for it, especially factoring DQs, people turning it down etc.

• I know i asked this or mentioned this before, but one more time just for speculation purposes. Right now our 2018 list ends June 2023, but they would still hire off the 2018 till say June 2024 (until the new list is established for the new exam). However, if our 2018 list is extended to June 2024 (one year extension) then we'd still be hiring off the 2018 list till June 2025 (until the new list is established for the new exam). This would be correct, someone confirm for me. As well as there is usually 2 or 3 classes per year???

Comment

• LukeSW
                    LukeSW commented
                    Editing a comment
                    For speculation purposes, yes the last class to be admitted into the academy from the 2018 exam would be in June 2024 if what you're saying is true.

The second part is wrong, once the new exam's LIST is established, the 2018 exam is officially dead, hence why they usually hold off a while before establishing a new list.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3814 users online. 246 members and 3568 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X