Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there actual proof the list is extended another year? Where is this information located? I have only heard this on the forum. Actual proof of this would be a relief for me.
    Last edited by Nick_C; 06-23-2022, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scannerdarkley View Post
      2 more classes off this list. November/December and then a June class 2023.
      Incorrect info. There are expected to be 3-4 more classes minimum off of this test. Directly from Nassau PD.

Comment

• Scannerdarkley
        Scannerdarkley commented
        Editing a comment
        I received my info from the top. Just saying. 2 more classes was the estimate. Can it be 3? Sure. I’m just saying what I was directly told.

• Originally posted by nassau25 View Post
      Incorrect info. There are expected to be 3-4 more classes minimum off of this test. Directly from Nassau PD.
      that’s with or without the extension? What list number can you guesstimate they will get up to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick_C View Post
        Is there actual proof the list is extended another year? Where is this information located? I have only heard this on the forum. Actual proof of this would be a relief for me.
        I found out like I said directly from someone who is higher up on the force and I asked to call in for me. Idk if you can call directly to find out but I am 100 % they extended the list a year bc of Covid. Unsure of how many classes will be put through they are definitely getting smaller but they aren’t stopping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anon123 View Post
          that’s with or without the extension? What list number can you guesstimate they will get up to?
          no way to tell about the list number bro it just depends on class sizes. Like I said before they are definitely going to continue hiring the classes are just smaller then they were a year ago.

Comment

• So we've got one guy saying he heard from someone at the top there's two more classes and one guy saying he heard from someone higher up it got extended due to covid. We have two contradicting statements from "reliable" sources high within the department. High list numbers are 50/50 at this point. They keep notifying people for physicals, doubt they'd do that if this list will be dead after 2023... Is this information civil service can confirm?

Comment

• LukeSW
              LukeSW commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't think they contradict each other. One is just saying there's going to be 2 more classes processing really fast (but relatively small classes).

The other is saying the LIST is being extended so therefore the NEXT exam's list scores would be essentially be postponed.

A sinilar scenario happened with the 2014 NYS Court Officer Exam, people processing at the VERY LAST step were left in limbo for a long time even when the new exam was already administered but the list scores were never given out. They ended up making a small class out of those people held in limbo.
              Last edited by LukeSW; 06-25-2022, 09:37 PM.

• Originally posted by Nick_C View Post
            So we've got one guy saying he heard from someone at the top there's two more classes and one guy saying he heard from someone higher up it got extended due to covid. We have two contradicting statements from "reliable" sources high within the department. High list numbers are 50/50 at this point. They keep notifying people for physicals, doubt they'd do that if this list will be dead after 2023... Is this information civil service can confirm?
            I’m totally sure they extended it I have no idea who his “source” is but I know my guy is 100 and if I could upload texts I would post them.

Comment

• If these guys have an in “from the Top”, why aren’t they in the academy..?

Comment

• LukeSW
                LukeSW commented
                Editing a comment
                I mean, if anyone is quitting their job already without ever meeting their investigator already, then they are truly hopeless lol

The majority of us here take everything posted on here with a grain of salt, we're WELL AWARE it's all speculation.

• Scannerdarkley
                Scannerdarkley commented
                Editing a comment
                I graduated this June. I heard my info from the top like I said. A minimum of 2 classes off this list. I wrote that in this chat to give some clarification because I was once on this forum hoping for any bit of insight.

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
              If these guys have an in “from the Top”, why aren’t they in the academy..?
              This isn’t the old days. List numbers must be followed. It doesn’t matter if your dad is the commissioner or a chief- you wait until your list number is reached.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                If these guys have an in “from the Top”, why aren’t they in the academy..?
                Yes like the guy above said doesn’t matter who you know it’s only by list #. I’m lucky enough to just have family friends that can contact coworkers and let me know what’s actually going on that’s all I don’t expect priority or anything . Even the commissioners 2nd son scored somewhere in the mid 80s so I’m sure he’s waiting around like everyone else. All the father could do is pump bigger Classes if that’s even possible.

Comment

• So what list number are they up to now in the summer academy?

Comment

• Does anyone know how village “lists” work. I’ve been hearing their list for instance, freeport has a separate list than the county’s list.. how would you know where you fall / how many letters get sent at a time etc

Comment

• Simpleguy515
                      Simpleguy515 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That might be if the village is a residency preference agency. However, I do not know which villages are what

• Women on the phone said they’re up to list 1800 for the summer academy.

Comment

• Women on the phone said they’re up to list 1800 for the summer academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anon123 View Post
                        Women on the phone said they’re up to list 1800 for the summer academy.
                        Yeah sounds about right a few people here mid to late 1800s who said they haven’t been fully called. Did you ask about list being extended to clear all this up?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4191 users online. 255 members and 3936 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X