Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the contract expected to be signed ?

Comment

• This is all rumors, there hasn't been much talk or anything about the contract. I wouldn't expect to hear much until the fall

Comment

• So if 75 people are getting called for the Fall 2022 class. What list number are they expecting to be going up to?

Comment

• Nick_C
          Nick_C commented
          Editing a comment
          Idk what list number they hit for the last class but I'd say like low 2000's? If your list number is like mine, around 3000, then I'll see you in like a decade when we get called for the next step of the process

• Don’t need the negativity Nick_C, need the facts
        Last edited by Anon123; 06-15-2022, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Nick_C
          Nick_C commented
          Editing a comment
          It was exaggeration...I couldn't tell you a single accurate fact about the next class if I wanted to. Don't worry depending on your list you could be there this fall.

• T-Mac109
          T-Mac109 commented
          Editing a comment
          He’s not wrong, I can say they reached passed 1750 for this class but I’m late 1800s and nada. Just had villages reach out right before that class swore in. They keep dropping the physical but I haven’t done anything since seeing my investigator in early nov.

• LukeSW
          LukeSW commented
          Editing a comment
          T-Mac109 what do you mean by "they keep dropping the physical?" They are re-doing their physicals before being sworn in?

• K.Hernando
          K.Hernando commented
          Editing a comment
          He’s referring that they keep doing physicals for new people past 4000 on the list.. but it stops there I did my physical last summer and haven’t heard anything for the next step

• This job is a pipe dream

Comment

• Nick_C
          Nick_C commented
          Editing a comment
          And you were upset with my negativity, don't stress it. Someone said in a previous post they extended this list to 2024 and they're still scheduling people for physicals. It seems like they're intent is to be hiring anyone who scored over an 80ish. I originally thought after taking the physical in November id be in Nassau by this fall or spring. That's clearly not happening but I do see it in the future. If you're a miserable city guy like me then I know the pain. Keep following the forum and checking your emails, you'll see an email from them soon

• From the time I took the test to the swearing in date, 87 months [seven plus years] passed, so... it's simple -- there's always going to be a need for a new talent pool. Historically, the County has gone very long periods with no hiring, then followed by tremendous numbers of hires. It's been that way for decades. Are they going to change? Unknown. But they do have that brand spanking new building that needs bodies to keep it filled. There's always going to be retirements All you can do is keep on the requirements and be ready for the call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anon123 View Post
          This job is a pipe dream
          There's people on this job who waited ten years to get called for the academy. If you don't have what it take to wait it out or better yourself for the day you get the call keep it moving. You do a whole lot of bitching and moaning and you have no idea what it take to land a good job like NCPD or anything else that's comparable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anon123 View Post
            This job is a pipe dream
            I died on the 2012 list and missed the last class off of that test by approximately 50 list numbers/people. I finally got lucky off of the 2018 test and was extremely lucky enough to be called and hired by a village. Overall over a 10 year wait. Any of these great Long Island police jobs are not like regular jobs where you apply, and go on an interview, and get the job- patience is the name of the game. You take the test, wait for the list to come out, and wait patiently hoping you scored high enough to get called, let alone make it through the whole process. All you can do is hope for the best and hope you get reached. Just stay out of trouble and be ready for the call when it comes and it will all be worth it.

Comment

• Did they still call you for the 2012 list and you just missed it or did you not even get called at all?

Comment

• 2 more classes off this list. November/December and then a June class 2023.

Comment

• warrior52
                  warrior52 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Delete comment
                  Last edited by warrior52; 06-23-2022, 05:50 PM.

• Originally posted by Scannerdarkley View Post
                2 more classes off this list. November/December and then a June class 2023.
                So everyone else who got called, will be scrapped?

Comment

• LukeSW
                  LukeSW commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That would be stupid beyond belief to do. Release the list scores for the next exam when candidates are still being processed from the current one.
                  Last edited by LukeSW; 06-23-2022, 02:28 PM.

• Got called for an interview with a background investigator, is this a good sign for my chances of getting on the job? Anyone have any advice for the interview?

Comment

• LukeSW
                  LukeSW commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just put down 21xx, 20xx, 22xxx, etc.

Don't give out the entire number.

• Simpleguy515
                  Simpleguy515 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  List number?

• finest0923
                  finest0923 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When did you get called by an investigator ?

• Mets Fan 08
                  Mets Fan 08 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What is your approx list #?

• Originally posted by Anonymous3475 View Post
                Got called for an interview with a background investigator, is this a good sign for my chances of getting on the job? Anyone have any advice for the interview?
                What’s your list number?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scannerdarkley View Post
                  2 more classes off this list. November/December and then a June class 2023.
                  Pretty sure you’re wrong I had someone who’s deep in the force speak directly with recruitment for me. The list is going on for another year because of Covid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tryinghard937 View Post

Pretty sure you’re wrong I had someone who’s deep in the force speak directly with recruitment for me. The list is going on for another year because of Covid.
                    So if they extend it another year, what will be the timeline? Prediction? And what list number will they probably get up to?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3845 users online. 235 members and 3610 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X