• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New physical date June 12

Comment

• MLNY95
      MLNY95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Where did you get this info. Also civil service website still has last grade contacted at 82.

• Alvaij
      Alvaij commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine was in April, I asked for a reschedule and they sent me that day, so I thought more people were taking the test with me

• If you get called just to do the physical and you’re waiting on everything else will you automatically get the chance to get to do drug test, finger prints, medical, polygraph, interview and psych? Or just because you get called doesn’t mean it’s guarantee?
    Last edited by Anon123; 05-26-2022, 03:40 AM.

Comment

• Nick_C
      Nick_C commented
      Editing a comment
      I took my physical in November and haven't heard anything since, I'm pretty sure there's people who took their physical months before me and still haven't heard anything since either. Test expires this time next year I think, I think it's safe to say that taking the physical does not guarantee you any future steps in the process. Let's hope for our sakes it does.

• Nick_C I just heard the list was bumped an extra year from Covid. So instead of it expiring in June 23 it’ll be 24.

Comment

• Keep in mind. The list is contingent on expiring with there being a new list established. If no new list is established then the list can be extended (which it would be) until a new list is established. Say they give a new exam this December or January. It’s usually a year and a half from the exam date to establish a new list.

All that to say, the list will not expire next June. The earliest I see it expiring is June 2024 and that’s if they decide to give a new exam.

Comment

• Tryinghard937 MLNY95 what great news considering how brutally slow the process is. Regardless I still hope my measley 33xx list number makes the cut eventually

Comment

• MLNY95
          MLNY95 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m right there with you. 33XX also took it in November.
          I’m guessing we were there the same day on the brutally cold morning lol. Hang in there I think we’ll hear something over the summer (hopefully).

• Originally posted by Nick_C View Post
        Tryinghard937 MLNY95 what great news considering how brutally slow the process is. Regardless I still hope my measley 33xx list number makes the cut eventually
        Yeah bro I hear you but do know I’m sure the classes are still going to be small going in but at least you’ll have till 2024 to know what’s up . My advice is just wait till you get the investigator then ask any questions you need. But I was sighing that the new test was put off for a year

Comment

• I have also been told by multiple sources within the county that the list is being extended to 2024 and potentially 2025 if needed. I’ve mentioned it many times here before but this follows suit with the prior 2012 exam as the list was established in 2013 and killed off in 2019 when then 2018 exam list was finalized.

Comment

• Also to address a possible list cut off- after speaking with various people with the county department the general rumor seems to be 80.9 is still the expected cutoff. This is speculation based on current hiring/retirement rate and not official word; it can change at any time. It seems as though the department is playing catch up with processing all of those who have taken the physical and once they are up to speed again academy classes should grow and the list should drop again. I will continue to update with any info as always as things can change day to day, week to week, etc. Good luck to everyone and as always be patient

Comment

• Good stuff, thank you

Comment

• Any updates.. forum has been dry

Comment

• Simpleguy515
                  Simpleguy515 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  All I’ve heard is 60 people for the fall

• Originally posted by Simpleguy515 View Post
                All I’ve heard is 60 people for the fall
                Tentatively 75 bodies for the fall class. Expected to be October or November.

Comment

• finest0923
                  finest0923 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Any word on the expected listed number that will be reached for this class ?

• Heard the new contract is bad lol like newer guys are screwed over

Comment

• How is it bad? And how is it screwing new guys

Comment

• Nick_C
                    Nick_C commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Probably a lot of give backs in general. Easiest way to keep the cops happy is by selling out the new hires. New hires get a different pension tier or different pay steps. Things of that nature. Idk a thing about Nassaus contract drama. The city is great at absolutely crushing the new hires in order to get a raise

• Originally posted by Nick_C View Post
                  Probably a lot of give backs in general. Easiest way to keep the cops happy is by selling out the new hires. New hires get a different pension tier or different pay steps. Things of that nature. Idk a thing about Nassaus contract drama. The city is great at absolutely crushing the new hires in order to get a raise
                  I have been hearing that the new contract limits overtime for guys who are not at top pay which has happened in the past. I’ve also heard that the steps to top pay are not as good as they have been in previous contracts. So yeah everything you said is pretty much right on par.

Comment

• Anyone have any word when the list is suppose to drop again for physicals ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4810 users online. 246 members and 4564 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X