Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a 91.3. Hopefully this doesn't turn out like my 95 on the suffolk test.

Comment

• I'm just anticipating the list!

Comment

• I just came accross a petition regarding this test and the apparent controversy around the grading https://www.change.org/p/congressman...share_petition

Comment

• Someone make a petition to not throw out the test

Comment

• I dunno, I went back and checked some of my answers and made sure I didn’t miss anything and I scored well. I’m current law enforcement and I scored well. Not sure where the argument is here. Some people just need some reason outside their own responsibility of why they did poorly. Either way I’m sure this will delay a list being created so hang in there.
            Last edited by txm44; 01-10-2019, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisky

You're still completely disregarding the entire reasoning for the petition, they had tons of people, including myself with no test results, and instead of admitting their mistakes they failed them. That alone is justification for a new test.

The work experience and life experience is irrelevant that had nothing to do with the test results of people like myself, we were failed because they had an error, nothing else. If you read the petition tons OTJ cops from other jurisdictions failed, even ones with high ranks, so CLEARLY that has nothing to do with this.
              The glitch was a rumor. There was/is nothing wrong with the exam. People like me will counter that bs petition with whatever becomes of it. Take ownership of your failure and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisky

You're still completely disregarding the entire reasoning for the petition, they had tons of people, including myself with no test results, and instead of admitting their mistakes they failed them. That alone is justification for a new test.

The work experience and life experience is irrelevant that had nothing to do with the test results of people like myself, we were failed because they had an error, nothing else. If you read the petition tons OTJ cops from other jurisdictions failed, even ones with high ranks, so CLEARLY that has nothing to do with this.
                Idk I m OTJ and a bunch of guys I work with did well, and they went back and checked their answers as well. Every test has this group of people that try to protest the results

Comment

• Originally posted by Max99 View Post

The glitch was a rumor. There was/is nothing wrong with the exam. People like me will counter that bs petition with whatever becomes of it. Take ownership of your failure and move on.
                  The "Rumor" was commented and confirmed on this forum by people who work in Nassau on the other thread, no point in going back and forth, there's an error, the petition specifically cites how it was confirmed by numerous people OTJ in Nassau. No one is simply complaining about their score, if they are, shame on them. I've taken dozens of Civil service tests and never scored below a 90, so when i received my failing grade I was already suspicious based on that and on previous comments of OTJ NCPD officers on this very forum, and this petition confirms them.

Comment

• txm44
                    txm44 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Word of mouth is exactly that. Without any proof besides he said she said, it will get you no where, petition or not... I have heard from people in Nassau that there was no glitch and nothing was wrong with test. See how that goes. Also people “OTJ” are not civil service officials and from experience seem to start these rumors to begin with.
                    Last edited by txm44; 01-10-2019, 04:03 PM.

• rb1152013
                    rb1152013 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Did you just seriously say It was confirmed by people on the forums? How gullible can you be

• There will always be rumors and speculations.. bottom line is the exam was designed to look for a specific candidate to NCPD’s standards. If you scored well then you answered well to the NCPD standards of a police officer. No rocket science here, no glitch, no none of that. The department has it’s own way of testing police applicants SCPD and NYPD are different. Nothing wrong with that. Just give it a shot next time around and always option for other agencies. Just patiently wait for the list #’s to be released so everyone has better idea to where they stand.

Comment

• Civil service told me last week that the list will be established 6-8 months from now. They also stated that they’ll start processing candidates before then. If you got a 93+ I’d keep checking your emails.

Comment

• I wonder if they hire another class off the 2012 list or they gonna focus on this exam

Comment

• rb1152013
                        rb1152013 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The last exam is done

• I’d assume list will be established June/July but some letters will go out around March for some 95 and up.

Comment

• Haha that change.org petition is hysterical. To the snowflakes that signed that petition, there was not a single thing wrong with the test. That test has always been the same. I failed it in my early 20s and the same thing, they don’t even give you a grade if you fail. We are talking 10-15 years ago. I didn’t take the 2012 test. I became a police officer in 2014 and I did really well on this test. (96.5xx)

There were no issues with the exam. I went back and reviewed the entire test before submitting it. People say just be honest and you’ll be fine. Well those people don’t understand Nassau testing. They look for a specific type of personality and if you fit that mold you do very well. I scored almost a 97 and I attribute that to my police experience and knowing how to take that exam.

I heard a good amount of people didn’t do well and if that’s the case they’ll give another test in a short amount of time.

Creating a petition isn’t going to do anything. They will not throw this test out. Trust me they had a year to decide , they wouldn’t have gave out the grades if there was a malfunction with the iPads. Sorry to the people who failed. Truth be told , if your dream is to become a police officer , come to nypd. When it’s Nassau/Suffolk or nothing I seriously doubt being a cop is for you.

Comment

• UH60Driver11
                          UH60Driver11 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I agree with you in that the petition is probably a fruitless endeavor. I can't argue with that. Your input is really appreciated here. Congratulations on joining NYPD in 2014 and your 96.5xx on this exam. I'm sure all of your Law Enforcement experience really set you apart from your peers. It's a shame that I probably won't be picked up on this list because you seem like the type of guy I would want to work with. Best of luck to you, sir.

• Not smart going back and forth on an NYPD/NCPD forum.
                        Last edited by rb1152013; 01-18-2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Got a 91 on this exam but already have 5 years on PAPD ... decisions, decisions ... lol

Comment

• rb1152013
                            rb1152013 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            easy decision, stay PAPD

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9694 users online. 461 members and 9233 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X