X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warrior52
    commented on 's reply
    Delete comment
    Last edited by warrior52; 06-23-2022, 05:50 PM.

• Scannerdarkley
    replied
    2 more classes off this list. November/December and then a June class 2023.

Leave a comment:

• Anon123
    replied
    Did they still call you for the 2012 list and you just missed it or did you not even get called at all?

Leave a comment:

• nassau25
    replied
    Originally posted by Anon123 View Post
    This job is a pipe dream
    I died on the 2012 list and missed the last class off of that test by approximately 50 list numbers/people. I finally got lucky off of the 2018 test and was extremely lucky enough to be called and hired by a village. Overall over a 10 year wait. Any of these great Long Island police jobs are not like regular jobs where you apply, and go on an interview, and get the job- patience is the name of the game. You take the test, wait for the list to come out, and wait patiently hoping you scored high enough to get called, let alone make it through the whole process. All you can do is hope for the best and hope you get reached. Just stay out of trouble and be ready for the call when it comes and it will all be worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Nick_C
    commented on 's reply
    And you were upset with my negativity, don't stress it. Someone said in a previous post they extended this list to 2024 and they're still scheduling people for physicals. It seems like they're intent is to be hiring anyone who scored over an 80ish. I originally thought after taking the physical in November id be in Nassau by this fall or spring. That's clearly not happening but I do see it in the future. If you're a miserable city guy like me then I know the pain. Keep following the forum and checking your emails, you'll see an email from them soon

• perpwatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Anon123 View Post
    This job is a pipe dream
    There's people on this job who waited ten years to get called for the academy. If you don't have what it take to wait it out or better yourself for the day you get the call keep it moving. You do a whole lot of bitching and moaning and you have no idea what it take to land a good job like NCPD or anything else that's comparable.

Leave a comment:

• squadguy
    replied
    From the time I took the test to the swearing in date, 87 months [seven plus years] passed, so... it's simple -- there's always going to be a need for a new talent pool. Historically, the County has gone very long periods with no hiring, then followed by tremendous numbers of hires. It's been that way for decades. Are they going to change? Unknown. But they do have that brand spanking new building that needs bodies to keep it filled. There's always going to be retirements All you can do is keep on the requirements and be ready for the call.

Leave a comment:

• Anon123
    replied
    This job is a pipe dream

Leave a comment:

• K.Hernando
    commented on 's reply
    He’s referring that they keep doing physicals for new people past 4000 on the list.. but it stops there I did my physical last summer and haven’t heard anything for the next step

• LukeSW
    commented on 's reply
    T-Mac109 what do you mean by "they keep dropping the physical?" They are re-doing their physicals before being sworn in?

• T-Mac109
    commented on 's reply
    He’s not wrong, I can say they reached passed 1750 for this class but I’m late 1800s and nada. Just had villages reach out right before that class swore in. They keep dropping the physical but I haven’t done anything since seeing my investigator in early nov.

• Nick_C
    commented on 's reply
    It was exaggeration...I couldn't tell you a single accurate fact about the next class if I wanted to. Don't worry depending on your list you could be there this fall.

• Anon123
    replied
    Don’t need the negativity Nick_C, need the facts
    Last edited by Anon123; 06-15-2022, 02:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nick_C
    commented on 's reply
    Idk what list number they hit for the last class but I'd say like low 2000's? If your list number is like mine, around 3000, then I'll see you in like a decade when we get called for the next step of the process

• Anon123
    replied
    So if 75 people are getting called for the Fall 2022 class. What list number are they expecting to be going up to?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3439 users online. 199 members and 3240 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X