300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zzopn View Post
    nassau25 did you hear anything about how many more classes they’ll be putting in after the May one ? And round about month for each
    The spring/early summer class doesn’t have a set date yet so there is nothing set for later in the year either, but from rumors I’ve heard possibly one big class in the fall/winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anon123 View Post
      If the current list expires and I’m going through the process. Do they hault your hiring process once the list expires? I’m going through the physical right now.
      The list must still be active, whether it is extended or still before the original expiration date, in order for processing to continue off the list. It is typically rare for people to die on the list after already starting processing in Nassau. The county typically has the logistics and body counts for classes lined up with the amount of people called. In other words, they typically only will call the amount of people they’re going to hire.

Comment

• Just to address some messages I’ve been getting from some of you guys worried about processing taking forever - the name of the game here is patience. Nassau is notoriously slow with processing, where in the past it has taken people up to 1 year+ after taking the physical just to hear back about the next step. Keep in mind this is a department with a headcount of approximately 2500, whereas somewhere like the NYPD has roughly 35,000 and has the expanded resources and manpower to process people much faster. Be patient and your time will come! Good luck to everyone as always

Comment

• Hey guys, I took the physical SUNDAY, MARCH 6, 2022 AT 10:00am and passed. First question, should I have received a written notice of passing and number two has anyone else from that day heard anything ?

Comment

• MLNY95
            MLNY95 commented
            Editing a comment
            You do not receive anything after passing. You have a long wait ahead. I took the physical in November and still have not heard anything. I know people who had it a few months
            even before myself that are still waiting. The next step for us both will be fingerprints and drug test whenever that time comes. You’ll be notified via email.

• Tryinghard937
            Tryinghard937 commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed with mlny. I passed my physical in June-July. Did fingerprinting and other things in October. Still no call from investigator yet.

• How does processing for a village work? What if there are no job openings in the village you are processing for? Since you processed for a village does that mean you can’t work for Nassau if there are no village jobs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous3475 View Post
            How does processing for a village work? What if there are no job openings in the village you are processing for? Since you processed for a village does that mean you can’t work for Nassau if there are no village jobs?
            Villages only call you if they are hiring. You only process with a village after being contacted by them. Once you sign a COE with a village you are taken off the list and have committed to the village.

Comment

• Anonymous3475
              Anonymous3475 commented
              Editing a comment
              I never got contacted directly by the village but I called the civil service number and was told I was processing for a village and I have the background investigation in 2 weeks. What does that mean?
              Last edited by Anonymous3475; 04-05-2022, 02:12 PM.

• Originally posted by Anonymous3475 View Post
            I never got contacted directly by the village but I called the civil service number and was told I was processing for a village and I have the background investigation in 2 weeks. What does that mean?
            Shoot me a message and I can guide you, I went through the village process recently.

Comment

• Anyone hear anything on the contract? Heard members voted on it already.

Comment

• What does the new contract include? Also, for anyone that's already OTJ, what was the main issue for turning down the old contract vs the one that is coming up?

Comment

• Roush911
                  Roush911 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Apparently it was just longevity that was negotiated.. nothing on the new contract from other ppl telling me.

• Calls are being made for fitting.

Comment

• Roush911
                  Roush911 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did you get one?

• vfar2021
                  vfar2021 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe a silly question but are they actually calling candidates or would it come through as an email like most of the rest of the processes.

• T-Mac109
                  T-Mac109 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Vfar2021 if you get that call let us know. I know your the closest to my list number but I haven’t been notified for phase 2 yet. Met my investigator back in Nov.
                  list 18xx

• Anyone hear anything about the next drop in the list?

Comment

• I’m list # 24xx and passed the physical back in August. Got my fingerprints and handed in my packet back in early October and haven’t heard anything since. This waiting game certainly sucks haha.
                  Last edited by vbongiorno; 04-18-2022, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• T-Mac109
                    T-Mac109 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What’s your ballpark list number?

• vbongiorno
                    vbongiorno commented
                    Editing a comment
                    List #24xx

• Physical tomorrow. Any words of advice?

Comment

• Islander13
                    Islander13 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hydrate, listen to instruction and do your best. Good luck

• Passed the physical. What and when are the next steps after passing the physical?

Comment

• Simpleguy515
                    Simpleguy515 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lots and lots of waiting. But the next step will be drug test and fingerprints

• If and when I get on and I want the 3 day on 4 days off. Is it possible to get consistent 3 days every week like if I wanted to work the weekends like Friday-Sunday every week. Is that possible?

Comment

• Dadjokes
                    Dadjokes commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No it will constantly change

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4589 users online. 277 members and 4312 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X