300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alvaij View Post
    I got my physical date today. Any idea how long do they take to send me a new date if I reschedule it. How that works ?

it’s usually a month if your request is accepted

Comment

• Does anyone know how many more classes the plan on having off this list?

Comment

• Originally posted by vfar2021 View Post
        I couldnt say how to answer the personality questions but that is correct if a village hires you you dont need to go to the academy again. But if its the county they do require it.
        Precisely what I was going to chime in and say- current NYPD officers are considered to have already satisfied the academy requirement when getting hired by a village. As far as the personality questions the only advice I can give is answer them honestly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan1061 View Post
          Does anyone know how many more classes the plan on having off this list?
          2 *POSSIBLY* 3 classes this year, and the same for next. Classes can be put in the academy off a list until the next list is established, which in the past has typically been 12-18 months after the exam is given. 2018 test was in January 2018 and the list was established in June 2019. So theoretically speaking, since the 2018 list expires in June of 2023, classes can be put in off of that list until all the way up until December of 2024 if that timeline follows suit as it has in the past. For reference, the last class off the 2012 list got sworn into the academy in the spring of 2019.

Comment

• Simpleguy515
            Simpleguy515 commented
            Editing a comment
            Any update on when the next class is going in; approx range of list numbers; and how large the class is?

• Friend on the job said the PBA told him June 100 bodies

Comment

• Simpleguy515
            Simpleguy515 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not as many as I thought would be going… was hoping for that April/may time period if 120-150 bodies

• Hopefully nassau25 could clarify a bit more but what number did they hit for this current class?

Comment

• Simpleguy515
            Simpleguy515 commented
            Editing a comment
            Current class I heard around 1705-1730 area. Yes hopefully nassau25 can clarify it would be greatly appreciated.

• Friend saw his investigator today, told him the class size went from 100 to 75 now 50 and straight up wouldn’t make this next class So idk what to believe lol.

Comment

• Early 2k 20xx unfortunately

Comment

• Simpleguy515
            Simpleguy515 commented
            Editing a comment
            You’re friend my bad.

• Yeah that’s his 20xx mine is 18xx

Comment

• Originally posted by nassau25 View Post
          Precisely what I was going to chime in and say- current NYPD officers are considered to have already satisfied the academy requirement when getting hired by a village. As far as the personality questions the only advice I can give is answer them honestly.
          Thank you all who have chimed in with info. Very appreciated. I guess specifically about the personality questions all I want to know is how they wanted certain things answered when there isn’t a simple agree/disagree format. Do they look at if you agree rather than strongly agree and the same for disagree or strongly disagree? Seems very odd and confusing. Seems like maybe they wanted me to always answer with strongly?

good luck to you all.

Comment

• Anyone have updated info? Anyone higher than 20xx that has been contacted for an investigator? Feel like I’m left in the dust here lol (as I’m sure some of you others do as well)

Comment

• Slog343
              Slog343 commented
              Editing a comment
              Took my physical in November and still nothing since

• Took my fitness test in July, heard nothing new. Expected to hear something by now.

Comment

• Can someone provide some insight on Nassau hiring? For example if you take the test, pass the steps and background in the NYPD you typically get hired. Is this similar to Nassau? Is it common to go through the steps (pass them) in Nassau and not get hired?

Comment

• Originally posted by Itwasalladream View Post
              Can someone provide some insight on Nassau hiring? For example if you take the test, pass the steps and background in the NYPD you typically get hired. Is this similar to Nassau? Is it common to go through the steps (pass them) in Nassau and not get hired?
              Overall Nassau is more stringent with their hiring; higher standards for candidates than the NYPD both physically and background wise to get in.

Comment

• Itwasalladream
                Itwasalladream commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes that I know I mean more like how often do they get down to a score process and then not hire. Like do they typically cut a list after processing candidates?

• From what I have been hearing/told the next class is tentatively June and roughly 100 recruits. If I hear of a range of list numbers for this next class I will be sure to update.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4519 users online. 286 members and 4233 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X