Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if anybody swearing-in would like to buy some equipment from me to save money let me know. I am just finishing the academy now and have stuff you will need. I am looking to get rid of for cheap.

Comment

• As per civil service the last list # hit for the class swearing in today was 1730.

Comment

• Originally posted by nassau25 View Post
        I can’t specifically advise what to do, it’s completely up to each individual and their situation etc. Hempstead’s top base pay is currently around $130k after 10 years of service, they are also due for a new contract this year. Village departments typically have higher base salaries than county because they have less officers.
        this is very wrong info. They signed a new contract earlier this year and their walk-in the door top pay is 171k

Comment

• SuperTrooper631
          SuperTrooper631 commented
          Editing a comment
          you have a link with the new contract or you just pull that number out of nowhere

• isle_b
          isle_b commented
          Editing a comment
          I can tell you that it wasn’t pulled out of nowhere

• Duplicate msg

Comment

• Has anyone been contacted to continue their process?

Comment

• LukeSW
            LukeSW commented
            Editing a comment
            I doubt there will be any movement up until past New Years. Once that's over, it should be full steam ahead for the spring academy.

• Does passing the physical mean you have a decent shot at getting hired? Or does everyone who takes the written test get called eventually?

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeSW View Post
            I doubt there will be any movement up until past New Years. Once that's over, it should be full steam ahead for the spring academy.
            This seems to be the rumor floating around the department. No list movement or processing until January.

Comment

• NCPD_2019
              NCPD_2019 commented
              Editing a comment
              There is movement as of now. Buddy of mine was notified several days ago to sign a COE before the new year.

• Simpleguy515
              Simpleguy515 commented
              Editing a comment
              I think he means as in background investigations and things more in depth that's basically signing a piece of paper. also what is your friends approx list number so it gives us all an idea of where they are around.

• Originally posted by Anonymous3475 View Post
            Does passing the physical mean you have a decent shot at getting hired? Or does everyone who takes the written test get called eventually?
            Getting hired off the Nassau list is considered hitting the lottery as far as law enforcement jobs go; scoring high enough to get called is not easy let alone passing everything. After getting called and passing the physical you must pass all other steps of the process to get hired; medical, background, polygraph etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by isle_b View Post

this is very wrong info. They signed a new contract earlier this year and their walk-in the door top pay is 171k
              If your info is valid then I wasn’t aware of this. No harm no foul.

Comment

• Originally posted by nassau25 View Post
                Getting hired off the Nassau list is considered hitting the lottery as far as law enforcement jobs go; scoring high enough to get called is not easy let alone passing everything. After getting called and passing the physical you must pass all other steps of the process to get hired; medical, background, polygraph etc.
                I got called for the physical, if I pass what do you think my chance of being hired is

Comment

• Simpleguy515
                  Simpleguy515 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It literally says your answer in the paragraph you quoted....

• Yeah a buddy of mine got his COE as well. Signing it next week. He’s approx. 17XX.

Comment

• Simpleguy515 Low

Comment

• SuperTrooper631
                  SuperTrooper631 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  does the coe come after background and psych eval? or before

• Simpleguy515
                  Simpleguy515 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  After background before psych. It’s a offer that is conditional upon you passing the psych steps and medical

• Anyone have any knowledge on class size. Also approximate list numbers that might make/potentially be in the spring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleguy515 View Post
                  Anyone have any knowledge on class size. Also approximate list numbers that might make/potentially be in the spring.
                  Next class size I’ve been hearing around 120-150 people. List is expected to be in the low to mid 2000s. Any further or more exact info I’ll update.

Comment

• nassau25 when do you think investigators will be assigned for those who completed fingerprints/drug test back in September.
                  (Low 2000’s list)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3004 users online. 143 members and 2861 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X