Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still much too early to say for sure but there are talks of multiple classes (more than 2) going into the academy in 2022. With the new academy facility officially open that gives the department more space for training, and the county given the green light/funding for more cops, this is a major possibility and potentially a new normal for the county.

Comment

• Waiting on the call

Comment

• Can anyone tell me the process or order of what happens after PAT and around about timeline?
        Fishhard247
        Forum Member
        Last edited by Fishhard247; 11-09-2021, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Scannerdarkley
          Scannerdarkley
          Forum Member
          Scannerdarkley commented
          Editing a comment
          I can’t recall the exact steps from A to Z, but I know after the PAT your investigator will call you to see if you are still interested. After that you will do a bunch of paperwork, background investigation, fingerprint and photos and a drug screening (pee in a cup). After the background investigation you will get a COE and then comes the polygraph and the psych written. after polygraphing you will meet with your psychologist to review your results and further interview. you will be in contact with your investigator throughout the process. You will then be fitted for uniforms and awaiting the academy class.

• Fishhard247
          Fishhard247
          Forum Member
          Fishhard247 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you so much.

• Took physical on July 25th still waiting on next step

Comment

• score is approx 84.4

Comment

• Just to fill some people in took physical back in may and I just met my investigator last week list number 18xx. He basically said I’d be looking at spring if all goes well and obviously depending on class size

Comment

• Villages are starting to reach out, what the highest list number that received one?
        Zzopn
        Forum Member
        Last edited by Zzopn; 11-11-2021, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zzopn View Post
          Villages are starting to reach out, what the highest list number that received one?
          Villages can call people off of the list whenever they need people. There isn’t a certain time period where villages start to reach out. Multiple villages have hired multiple cops off of this list already. Villages can also call people at lower scores than what Nassau is currently processing if they have residence preference or in other circumstances as well.

Comment

• Passed the physical earlier this morning. List #33xx. They told us to just be on the lookout for an email with the next step. Cautiously optimistic to make a 2022 academy. Let the waiting officially begin.

Comment

• As of now the list is set to drop by the end of the month.
            nassau25
            Forum Member
            Last edited by nassau25; 11-18-2021, 02:29 PM. Reason: New info

Comment

• Next physical fitness screening emails going out will reach up to roughly 38xx.

Comment

• Supertroop I am north of 1850 but south of 1880

Comment

• Unrelated to this specific forum but couldn't find any other Nassau threads. Will Nassau renegotiate contracts some point soon? I always noticed Nassau was paid more under the previous Suffolk agreement but now Suffolk makes quite a bit more. Sorry if this was a loaded question, just curious.

Comment

• Simpleguy515
                    Simpleguy515
                    Forum Member
                    Simpleguy515 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They disapproved the last contract. I’m assuming when blakeman takes office they will go back to contract negotiations

• The number in talks for top pay with the new contract is in the $160k neighborhood.

Comment

• Received a call today for fitting. Be prepared ladies and gents

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4175 users online. 265 members and 3910 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X