Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blakeman and Donnelly (executive and DA) both ran on a back the blue campaign as well as anti bail reform/broken tax assessment plan... I think everyone’s chances went up for more people getting hired with them in office

Comment

• Any idea of when the next test is coming out ?

Comment

• Originally posted by columbia09 View Post
        Any idea of when the next test is coming out ?

Comment

• Originally posted by K.Hernando View Post
          Blakeman and Donnelly (executive and DA) both ran on a back the blue campaign as well as anti bail reform/broken tax assessment plan... I think everyone’s chances went up for more people getting hired with them in office
          Correct. There’s potential for this list to have more hires.

Comment

• As of now the list is set to drop this month to approximately an 82.2xx.

Comment

• So I was reading the proposed budget for 2022. Class sizes seem a lot smaller than we were all probably expecting. I guess everything is subject to change. 4DB4F3AE-73FF-46D3-BEBA-401514EAAFB0.jpg

Comment

• nassau25
            Forum Member
            nassau25 any word on expected range of list number
            s they’ll get up to for fall and spring class?

Comment

• Friend of mine got called for Hemstead village before signing any COE with the county. Does anyone know if this village is worth taking over the county? I’ve tried finding their pay scale but could not find it…I’ve heard it’s a busy area (high crime), but besides that, what would you recommend he does?

Comment

• Originally posted by NCPD_2019 View Post
              Friend of mine got called for Hemstead village before signing any COE with the county. Does anyone know if this village is worth taking over the county? I’ve tried finding their pay scale but could not find it…I’ve heard it’s a busy area (high crime), but besides that, what would you recommend he does?
              I can’t specifically advise what to do, it’s completely up to each individual and their situation etc. Hempstead’s top base pay is currently around $130k after 10 years of service, they are also due for a new contract this year. Village departments typically have higher base salaries than county because they have less officers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleguy515 View Post
                So I was reading the proposed budget for 2022. Class sizes seem a lot smaller than we were all probably expecting. I guess everything is subject to change. 4DB4F3AE-73FF-46D3-BEBA-401514EAAFB0.jpg
                This is the proposed budget; nothing is concrete. The specifics of this budget were drafted by Curran who is no longer in office. With a new county executive funding for more hires can be either secured or reallocated however is seen fit pending county approval. The budget shown also does not include the additional new 70 PO spots approved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleguy515 View Post
                Is that 70 additional per class?
                The department can add the additional 70 spots in one of a few ways; split them up among upcoming classes, hire all 70 in one class- it hasn’t been determined yet. Great news for anyone waiting to be called. 70 additional hires on top of prior projections could be somewhere near an additional 350-400 list numbers being emailed- roughly 20% of everyone emailed make it into a Nassau class; people initially declining when emailed, fitness failures and other disqualifications, laterals to villages, and even deferrals that “die on the list.” Patience is the name of the game here. Time will tell exact details, but the county is looking to hire more police officers off of this list than they ever have previously. Lack of hiring off past lists has created large gaps that are starting to show with attrition now; from 2004 to 2013 the department only hired 135 POs total in 3 separate classes.

Comment

• nassau25
                  Forum Member
                  nassau25 do we still project Nassau will contact people with a list number 81.xx?

Comment

• Originally posted by mprudenti27 View Post
                    nassau25
                    Forum Member
                    nassau25 do we still project Nassau will contact people with a list number 81.xx?
                    80.7xx is the projected cutoff as I last heard.

Comment

• I’m still waiting on being contacted by an investigator .. been 8 weeks since fingerprints/drug test. Hopefully after the November class goes in the process will start speeding up again

Comment

• After you passed your physical.. how and when we’re you called to do the fingerprints/drug test?

do they email call or letter ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4476 users online. 245 members and 4231 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X