300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TTlaw68 View Post
    Appreciate the insight. So just to clarify at a list number of approx 44xx, I should expect a call some time in April or may?
    That would be accurate. I can’t give you an exact month but that is a solid expectation.

Comment

• The list is anticipated to drop again this upcoming week following today’s physical fitness screening. Approximately 100+ people were in attendance.

Comment

• Simpleguy515
        Simpleguy515 commented
        Editing a comment
        What’s the projection on these classes…. I feel like the physical number is dropping for the physical. However nothing is happening afterwards

• Passed the physical today.. at a minimum 200 people there seems like 75% of the people passed...

My list number 23xx when do you think I can expect a call to start the background process?

Comment

• ny71jo
        ny71jo commented
        Editing a comment
        How did you just get called for physical and you are list 23xx?

• Originally posted by Simpleguy515 View Post
      What’s the projection on these classes…. I feel like the physical number is dropping for the physical. However nothing is happening afterwards
      As previously stated, the reason the department is rapidly dropping the list is because they are trying to begin lining up all of the candidates for classes as far as into 2023 in the next few months. Processing after the physical- it can be anywhere from 1-6 months to be contacted for the next step; based on needs for the next class and overall class size. Currently, next class which is set for November is already locked in and the following class is spring time. Too early to guarantee but at the current rate, all of the 2022 classes are expected to cover the 2xxx to mid 3xxx range, and then the 2023 classes the remainder of the 3xxx’s and up into the high 4xxx’s.

Comment

• Simpleguy515
        Simpleguy515 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the insight. Just trying to gauge things going forward.

• NY71JO - “How did you just get called for physical and you are list 23xx?”

not sure the guy in front of me on line had a 89 I’m just short of a 85 the guy behind me had an 82... not sure what the calling order was for the physical

Comment

• That’s because people reschedule their physical to a later date vv

Comment

• How much notice do you you get with a physical email? I anticipate going in the next batch and I’m trying to avoid an out of state wedding in a month, so I can attend. Thank you.

Comment

• They give 3-4 weeks

Comment

• Sorry if this has been asked but how long is the academy? and does it count towards your probationary period/is it a year?

Comment

• When does spring academy normally start?

Comment

• Originally posted by 3309 View Post
                  When does spring academy normally start?
                  Nassau does not have set academy months; the classes are put in as needed when ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTlaw68 View Post
                    Sorry if this has been asked but how long is the academy? and does it count towards your probationary period/is it a year?
                    About 6.5 months. Probation starts at hire date.

Comment

• How long does it take to get contacted by your investigator after completing fingerprints

Comment

• I think its probably all subjective and varies depending on the county's plan moving forward for how many people they need to hire but it took me about 4 months to meet with my investigator.

Comment

• So with Curran proposed budget of 45 million for hiring and training. Do we think that is still going to go into effect for this upcoming year. Just looked at the articles online and apparently Blakeman is beating Curran by 11K votes, however she still has not conceded her race. Simply just looking for someone that pays a little more attention to the budget and funding for this upcoming fiscal year. (NOT trying to get into any political arugement nor is this a political stance)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2785 users online. 144 members and 2641 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X