Clear All

• Why is so quiet in here

Comment

• jaytav
      jaytav commented
      Editing a comment
      Nervously waiting…..

• ……………. Deleted
    Last edited by Celcius27; 10-06-2021, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• T-Mac109
      T-Mac109 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m waiting to be assigned one, list number 18xx I did my drug test/fingerprint august 4th

• Anyone list # 1500 get assigned an investigator yet ?

Comment

• Anyone list # 1500 and up get assigned an investigator yet ?

Comment

• T-Mac109
        T-Mac109 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope what’s your number? Roughly

• Anyone know what is the highest list number hired?

Comment

• Ive been hearing the rumored November class is supposed to be a small one is anyone else hearing the same thing?

Comment

• Heard 40-50 person class for November

Comment

• Simpleguy515
            Simpleguy515 commented
            Editing a comment
            Doesn’t seem practical to put that little I heard classes were remaining at the same sizes they have been

• MLNY95
            MLNY95 commented
            Editing a comment
            Have a buddy who just got printed and drug tested a few weeks back. Said the sergeant told the group there the same.

Paying attention to the 2022 budget and Curran signing off on additional 70 new spots to be added to the dept, the big classes should begin next year. Hopefully November is a
            little bigger.

I’m currently decimal points away from receiving a physical so hopefully we all hear some good news soon.
            Last edited by MLNY95; 09-23-2021, 12:56 PM.

• MLNY95 good luck man you should be called real soon for your physical date. I went a few weeks ago for prints and that’s what the sgt. Told us that it’s going to be a very small class 40-50 and they are already processed. Told us to expect spring class

Comment

• MLNY95
            MLNY95 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks man appreciate the info and good luck to you also! I’m on here everyday looking for updates and when I got solid and what I think is credible info I’ll post it.

• MLNY95
            MLNY95 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks man appreciate the info and good luck to you also! I’m on here everyday looking for updates and when I get solid and what I think is credible info I’ll post it.

• Buddy of mine who made this current class told me that it was supposed to be a 100 man class but they put in 160. My friend had a 14xx list number that’s currently in. But my List number 18xx currently on the job with the city and yesterday my investigator (I’m assuming investigator haven’t met him or her yet) asked for neighbors addresses, OCI, and Cos info via email. When I did my fingerprints back in august the Sgt said anyone 86.3 and up will make this upcoming class. Didn’t specify a size but I have a 86.0xx and I was there. Also I went in the morning and the group in the evening was in the 85s because another friend was in that group. So idk only time will tell.

Comment

• When is this list expected to expire ?

Comment

• nassau25
              nassau25 commented
              Editing a comment
              As per Nassau Civil Service this list is valid for 4 years unless it is extended. So June 21, 2023 is the earliest date it would expire. It was established on June 21, 2019.

• Shakados
              Shakados commented
              Editing a comment
              According to the county exec's announcement and Nassau's .gov website, there will be new exams in a few months: "County Executive Curran is seeking recommendations from the Police Diversity Committee ahead of the next Police Officer Civil Service exam, which will likely be scheduled in 2022." Not sure when they'll establish a new list, but it might be smart to take the new test when it happens.
              Last edited by Shakados; 09-27-2021, 03:37 PM.

• nassau25
              nassau25 commented
              Editing a comment
              Tentative exam date is January 2022. The list typically takes a year and half to be established so this falls in line with the 2018 exam expiration.

• The next group of candidates have been emailed today with physical dates and the list will be dropping.

Comment

• MLNY95
              MLNY95 commented
              Editing a comment
              List down to 83.250.

• nassau25
              nassau25 commented
              Editing a comment
              As per people within the department, 80.750 as of now is the tentative projected bottom score to be reached. However, that can change; i.e. more failures/disqualifications than originally projected, and also the addition of 70 new PO spots in the department with the upcoming fiscal year budget.

• How does the recruitment process work? I got 82.2 approx. test score and waiting to be contacted. Will I receive a letter first or will somebody reach out to me about a physical and so on? Just not sure and don't want to miss out on this opportunity, hoping to be called by summer next year. Thanks everybody and good luck!

Comment

• Simpleguy515
              Simpleguy515 commented
              Editing a comment
              Email with a physical date

• The list is expected to drop an estimated .500-.600 points following the next fitness screening date set for October 24th. Up to list 32xx have been contacted in the group set for October 24th.
            Last edited by nassau25; 10-02-2021, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Simpleguy515
              Simpleguy515 commented
              Editing a comment
              Is processing going to continue for all those that passed the physical I feel like they are rapidly Dropping in score but nothing in terms of continuing the other steps

• Originally posted by Simpleguy515 View Post
            Is processing going to continue for all those that passed the physical I feel like they are rapidly Dropping in score but nothing in terms of continuing the other steps
            Yes, from the time each candidate takes the fitness screening to when they successfully get into an academy class it’s typically 8-12 months. The department is trying to line up the next rounds of classes for 2022 and 2023 by calling so many candidates in a relatively short period of time.

Comment

• Simpleguy515
              Simpleguy515 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ah gotcha thanks for the information. Any idea what list or score will potentially make it into this class and the spring?

• Originally posted by nassau25 View Post
            The list is expected to drop an estimated .500-.600 points following the next fitness screening date set for October 24th. Up to list 32xx have been contacted in the group set for October 24th.
            Where did you get that info? I'm 83.11X so I'm getting close, id love for that to be true to get the ball rolling.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2758 users online. 146 members and 2612 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X