Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simpleguy515
    commented on 's reply
    That might be if the village is a residency preference agency. However, I do not know which villages are what

• Anon123
    replied
    Originally posted by Tryinghard937 View Post

Yeah sounds about right a few people here mid to late 1800s who said they haven’t been fully called. Did you ask about list being extended to clear all this up?
    Ya I did, the women on the phone said there’s no offical information on the extension. She said if there’s no test sign up announced by the early winter of 2023, then there will be a extension of the current 2018 list. And she said there’s talk of a new test being administered as of now.

Leave a comment:

• Tryinghard937
    replied
    Originally posted by Anon123 View Post
    Women on the phone said they’re up to list 1800 for the summer academy.
    Yeah sounds about right a few people here mid to late 1800s who said they haven’t been fully called. Did you ask about list being extended to clear all this up?

Leave a comment:

• Mets Fan 08
    commented on 's reply
    What is your approx list #?

• Anon123
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Anon123
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zzopn
    replied
    Does anyone know how village “lists” work. I’ve been hearing their list for instance, freeport has a separate list than the county’s list.. how would you know where you fall / how many letters get sent at a time etc

Leave a comment:

• Anon123
    replied
    So what list number are they up to now in the summer academy?

Leave a comment:

• LukeSW
    commented on 's reply
    I mean, if anyone is quitting their job already without ever meeting their investigator already, then they are truly hopeless lol

The majority of us here take everything posted on here with a grain of salt, we're WELL AWARE it's all speculation.

• LukeSW
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think they contradict each other. One is just saying there's going to be 2 more classes processing really fast (but relatively small classes).

The other is saying the LIST is being extended so therefore the NEXT exam's list scores would be essentially be postponed.

A sinilar scenario happened with the 2014 NYS Court Officer Exam, people processing at the VERY LAST step were left in limbo for a long time even when the new exam was already administered but the list scores were never given out. They ended up making a small class out of those people held in limbo.
    Last edited by LukeSW; 06-25-2022, 09:37 PM.

• Tryinghard937
    replied
    Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    If these guys have an in “from the Top”, why aren’t they in the academy..?
    Yes like the guy above said doesn’t matter who you know it’s only by list #. I’m lucky enough to just have family friends that can contact coworkers and let me know what’s actually going on that’s all I don’t expect priority or anything . Even the commissioners 2nd son scored somewhere in the mid 80s so I’m sure he’s waiting around like everyone else. All the father could do is pump bigger Classes if that’s even possible.

Leave a comment:

• nassau25
    replied
    Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    This isn’t the old days. List numbers must be followed. It doesn’t matter if your dad is the commissioner or a chief- you wait until your list number is reached.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tryinghard937
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick_C View Post
    So we've got one guy saying he heard from someone at the top there's two more classes and one guy saying he heard from someone higher up it got extended due to covid. We have two contradicting statements from "reliable" sources high within the department. High list numbers are 50/50 at this point. They keep notifying people for physicals, doubt they'd do that if this list will be dead after 2023... Is this information civil service can confirm?
    I’m totally sure they extended it I have no idea who his “source” is but I know my guy is 100 and if I could upload texts I would post them.

Leave a comment:

• Nick_C
    replied
    So we've got one guy saying he heard from someone at the top there's two more classes and one guy saying he heard from someone higher up it got extended due to covid. We have two contradicting statements from "reliable" sources high within the department. High list numbers are 50/50 at this point. They keep notifying people for physicals, doubt they'd do that if this list will be dead after 2023... Is this information civil service can confirm?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3589 users online. 212 members and 3377 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X