Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from the order cut today..... The Nassau County Police Department will be conducting a BASIC COURSE FOR POLICE OFFICERS at the Nassau County Police Department Center for Training and Intelligence, 1 Law Enforcement Way, Garden City, NY 11530, commencing on Monday, June 21, 2021 and concluding on or about Tuesday, March 1, 2022.

Comment

• Simpleguy515
      Simpleguy515 commented
      Editing a comment
      What is that supposed to mean?

• Exactly what it says. The county is putting in a class of recruits, and if any of the villages, or any other agency wishes to participate, they can.
    Last edited by squadguy; 06-15-2021, 08:11 PM. Reason: *typo*

Comment

• HighwayBob
      HighwayBob commented
      Editing a comment
      Is the Nassau academy normally 8 month??

• Simpleguy515
      Simpleguy515 commented
      Editing a comment
      7.5 I believe

• Does anyone know how long the drug screen takes to get the results on. I didn’t do any I just want to know that I’m done with the process.

Comment

• Simpleguy515
      Simpleguy515 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is the 4th time your asking this. You’ve gotten multiple responses. If you’re that worried you probably have bigger issues. Secondly if you fail you’ll hear. No news is good news. Now please stop posting about a drug test, you shouldn’t put yourself in a place where you have to worry about it.

• Simpleguy515
      Simpleguy515 commented
      Editing a comment
      What’s your approx list number?

• 18xx got notified yesterday for the background paperwork

Comment

• When does the upcoming academy start?

Comment

• nimi19
        nimi19 commented
        Editing a comment
        6/18 this friday.

• Nassau just went down; please post score and approx list number

down to 84.82
      Last edited by Simpleguy515; 06-21-2021, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Civil service states they’re at approximately list #2400 now.

Comment

• Simpleguy515
          Simpleguy515 commented
          Editing a comment
          They are past that I know someone who has been contacted above that

• MLNY95
          MLNY95 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks bro^. Lady on the phone did say approximate haha. Good to know.

• Simpleguy515
          Simpleguy515 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah no problem it’s just slightly above that. But yes

• 83.4xx and list 31xx. Prior NYCDOC, current NYPD, just passed everything for NYSP & scheduled to start NYSP sept 12. I’m on the fence about leaving NYSP academy to go to NCPD academy but I guess it’s a good problem to have.

Comment

• Alvaij
          Alvaij commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you get the NCPD appointment for your agility test ?

• I just got the email for the physical screening on July 25th for NCPD... Does anyone know whats next after you pass the assessment?
        You miss 100% of the chances you never take.

Comment

• MLNY95
          MLNY95 commented
          Editing a comment
          List number?

• mobyfish
          mobyfish commented
          Editing a comment
          My list number is 2479.

• Down to score 84.25 list #2670 approximately.
        Last edited by MLNY95; 06-29-2021, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Scored around and 84 and it's surprisingly looking like I'll get called to process. I'm top pay in the city and really don't think I can swing the pay cut for Nassau but I know a lot of the villages pay well from the start. I know which ones are the more desirable but I've literally never heard a thing about like lake success, Glen cove, muttontown smaller villages like them. Anyone know any details? Like what kind of tours some of these villages do, pension details etc? Thanks in advance

Comment

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            If I was you I'd do anything to swing the pay situation. whether it's the county of a village.

Pensions should all be the same I would think. All P&F.

• Nick_C
            Nick_C commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea I hear you man, just don't know if I really can. Between a mortgage and everything. Getting plenty of ot in the city, it'd be such a hard hit. I'd kill for a village but considering my 3k list number I doubt a village would be taking me. Tough call for county.

• Reigns167
            Reigns167 commented
            Editing a comment
            You should def make the move and struggle for a few years it will be worth it in the end. Don’t be like my friend who a few years ago was top pay nypd and turned down Nassau and he regrets it tremendously . All because he bought a nice house on the south shore with big taxes. You’ll make it work , best of luck

• TBL24
            TBL24 commented
            Editing a comment
            I took the pay cut from top pay, there are guys with 3 yrs on making over 100k here, you just have to be willing to do OT. If you can struggle through the first 2 years you should be find after that. Glen cove has its own test as does long beach. Hempstead seems to always be hiring if you dont mind being very busy, I believe they do 4 on 4 off. Going the village route is worth it if you don't want the county job..good luck

• Down to 84.25 on the list rn. Friend on fto said he "heard" that they'll probably hit everyone over an 80. Granted, a recruit on fto is not a great source of info but some of the low ballers like me can have some hope.
          Last edited by Nick_C; 07-01-2021, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• MLNY95
            MLNY95 commented
            Editing a comment
            Have been hearing much of the same. I’m low 83 and anticipating being called in the next few months, or at the very least by the end of the year. Whats your list #? Best of luck with whatever you decide and can make work for you.

• What’s the estimated score/list number for the next class? I’m hearing rumors it’ll be in November

Comment

• Scannerdarkley
            Scannerdarkley commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope the rumors are right.

• For all Active Duty folks transitioning out who received distance learning degrees while serving, do yourself a favor and transfer your credits to a regionally accredited school now to save you the headache.

Comment

• Anyone know the process of deferring / postponing the physical

Comment

• Simpleguy515
              Simpleguy515 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes you have to email back to civil service and state what you wish to defer

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4635 users online. 291 members and 4344 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X