Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They tell you you’ll be there for atleast 4 hours and that you will have a break between each thing. But i did the sit ups literally right after the push ups and then waited 5 min and then did the run

Comment

• Simpleguy515
      Simpleguy515 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you allowed to wear a watch to pace yourself for the run

• Islesfan21
      Islesfan21 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldnt bring anything with you honestly

• Scannerdarkley
      Scannerdarkley commented
      Editing a comment
      You can bring a watch to keep track of your pace. I brought one. Their time is the official time though.

• I’m okay with the push ups and the run but any advice on the sit ups? A buddy of mine said that there was a place holder for the sit up test. Did that help or does adrenaline play a part of it? Asking cause I have to pt coming soon.

Comment

• Simpleguy515
      Simpleguy515 commented
      Editing a comment
      When is your physical ? Also what is your score and approx list number

• Blackdevil77
      Blackdevil77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Vary your core/ab exercises. Do weighted ab exercises if possible (weighted sit ups etc). There's a core exercise called the "Dragon Flag" that I've been doing as well. By doing a variety of these exercises, the sit ups were actually a breeze. Still relatively difficult compared to everything else, but not very difficult. The pace seems a bit ridiculous to me (way too fast to get a real proper rep) but hey, that's what they want.

• Simpleguy515 no, you aren’t allowed to have anything on you. Hcxx32 your adrenaline is kicking so it plays a big part of it. And there is a place holder for your feet which helps out a tremendous amount. The sit ups is the hardest part in my opinion

Comment

• List number 13xx score 86.xx. I had my appointment this 22 nov but postponed to train more. Civil sent me email saying that next pt exam I’ll be in. So currently training to be ready.

Comment

• Anybody have any idea about the pace we’ll be running at in the academy? I’ve been running and trying to average about 7:30 per mile. I’m relatively heavy for my size (weight lifting does that) but supposedly that’s a good pace.

Comment

• Blackdevil77
          Blackdevil77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Islesfan21 Thanks. I'm talking multiple miles. Today I ran 2.5 miles, with an average pace of 7:36 per mile. My runs vary from 2.5 to 3 miles depending on the route I take. Sometimes obstacles slow down your time (cars etc) but for the most part, I'm in the mid 7 minute per mile range.
          Last edited by Blackdevil77; 12-03-2020, 03:34 PM.

• Blackdevil77
          Blackdevil77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Simpleguy515 What does that mean, you only run a mile to 1.5 miles at a time, then do something else, then run again? If so, that shouldn't be too bad at all

• Simpleguy515
          Simpleguy515 commented
          Editing a comment
          No so they group the very fast guys/girls then another group is the moderately fast guys/girls and last is the slower guys/girls

All doing the same run
          Last edited by Simpleguy515; 12-03-2020, 03:58 PM. Reason: More info

• Blackdevil77
          Blackdevil77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh okay, that's interesting.

• Anyone know when the next physical is going to take place?

Comment

• I know that nobody really knows this, but I just passed the physical a few weeks ago and I’m trying to guess what my odds are of making the next academy (after this coming December class). List 13xx. It appears reading through the forum, things seem to be moving quick and there’s a decent need demand for officers ?

Comment

• Simpleguy515
            Simpleguy515 commented
            Editing a comment
            Only way to know is to know the highest list number they have gotten to so far

• Does anyone know how long it takes once your investigator sends your packet to civil service for them to vote on you? Is it like a group thing or do they vote one by one as the packets come in?

Comment

• River6363
            River6363 commented
            Editing a comment
            They wait until they have a big stack of other applicants and then they approve/deny

• nimi19
            nimi19 commented
            Editing a comment
            Took 4 months for me

• 200 Confirmed for Friday. Calls are going out.

Comment

• Good afternoon.

Just wondering what my odds are of being called and starting the process. I did attain a passing score of 78 and a list number of 6,xxx. This is my worst grade I've ever received on any civil service test. Nassau is definitely different.

Comment

• River6363
              River6363 commented
              Editing a comment
              You never know, but chances are probably very low

• nimi19
              nimi19 commented
              Editing a comment
              Take every other civil service exams. I took Nassau in 2012, never got called. I decided to take the last exam because my partner told me and recently signed COE with the county. You never know but take other agencies too.
              Many of my friends DQ from NYPD Psy, but now an NYS Trooper CT Cop and PAPD.

• mleoman
              mleoman commented
              Editing a comment
              Wouldn’t count on it

• acadiajimmy
              acadiajimmy commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for everyone's honesty. Rude or nice. Lol

• Originally posted by nimi19 View Post
            Took 4 months for me
            After Civil Service approved you, how long did the medical/ phase 2 take to complete??

Comment

• nimi19
              nimi19 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm in the medical/phase 2 stage now.

• Currently OTJ with Nassau PD. For all you new guys going into the academy, if they give you an opportunity to vote on the prospective contract. Vote no. If you have further questions. PM me.

Comment

• Simpleguy515
              Simpleguy515 commented
              Editing a comment
              What does the contract entail

• James_cuadrado10
              James_cuadrado10 commented
              Editing a comment
              Raising your steps. More paybacks 5 extra days you’re working that you’re not getting paid for. Taking 80 hours of vacation for 2 years. Taking away 2 sick days. Cap on your termination pay which is huge and paying into medical. The raise looks ok on paper, but with the financial position the county is in, who knows if you’ll ever see that top pay at the end of this prospective contract, considering the last 2 contracts the county never honored the contracts of the top pay they proposed, don’t be fooled by a number.

• Simpleguy515
              Simpleguy515 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ll pass it to my friend going in, thank you for the heads up

• cam36
              cam36 commented
              Editing a comment
              Spoke with my delegate and the new recruits will NOT have a vote in this contract. In the event they try and pull some shady moves and have you guys vote and coerce you to vote yes, do not buy into what they're selling...

• Heard back to back classes ( relatively soon after the one going in there will be another) anyone heard similar?

Comment

• nimi19
              nimi19 commented
              Editing a comment
              I heard April of 2021.

• Did they start today

Comment

• As per the county's instgram post, 185 were sworn in today. Goodluck to all!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3782 users online. 256 members and 3526 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X