Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I’m not mistaken the county’s legislatures just approved all NCPD ordinances.

Comment

• Just took a military makeup and received my score rather quicky. Hopefully another pool of applicants get considered soon.

Comment

• Simpleguy515
        Simpleguy515 commented
        Editing a comment
        What was your Score that you got????

• Scannerdarkley
        Scannerdarkley commented
        Editing a comment
        I got a 95.42. Ranked in the 20's

• Got called for letter of appointment today. AIU told me there will still be a large class, but civil service put a temporary freeze on the academy while they decide the date. Could still br Nov 6, could be later. Still Nov.

Comment

• Dubs123
        Dubs123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you previously get called for the letter of appointment signing or is this the first time? I know a bunch of us got called and when we got there we didn’t sign anything and just received paperwork from payroll and health insurance paperwork.

• 12gang12
        12gang12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats @Nhayles91
        Any speculation on why the temporary freeze you think?

• Nhayes91
        Nhayes91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Didnt get called previously. They told me id be signing the appointment letter but ill let you know how it goes when I go. I think Civil service is just making sure they have all the recruits ready im not sure why else they would put a temporary freeze on it.

• Nhayes91
        Nhayes91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea, didn't sign an appointment letter. Waiting on civil service to approve the academy start date. Just got all the benefits paperwork

• Hearing emails started up for the physicals that were postponed in April due to covid .... anyone have an idea what was the highest list number reached ?

Comment

• Simpleguy515
        Simpleguy515 commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe around 1600; where did you hear this?
        Last edited by Simpleguy515; 11-02-2020, 09:16 AM. Reason: Edit

• dom1220
        dom1220 commented
        Editing a comment
        Buddy got an email

• Simpleguy515
        Simpleguy515 commented
        Editing a comment
        What is his score or list number??

• Scannerdarkley
        Scannerdarkley commented
        Editing a comment
        I received that email as well.

• Does anyone know how it works with getting hired with a village? Is there a certain point you need to tell civil service you would prefer a village job compared to country?

Any insight would be helpful

Comment

• Nhayes91
        Nhayes91 commented
        Editing a comment
        You can be canvased by a village after your background investigation is complete. If you sign a COE with the county, you're off the table. They contact you via letter and/or email

• TrunkS3
        TrunkS3 commented
        Editing a comment
        After you complete the background, you have to decline Nassau in order to remain eligible for the villages. It’s a gamble if you want go down that route.

• ZooKeeperOEF
        ZooKeeperOEF commented
        Editing a comment
        The day you go in to sign your conditional offer of employment they will ask if anyone wants to decline. You'll sign a paper stating you want to decline the county and remain on the list for villages to canvas. The day I went in to sign my COE I had already interviewed with 3 villages but this was 2014.

• TrunkS3
        TrunkS3 commented
        Editing a comment
        ZooKeeperOEF I was able to sign the declination form with my investigator without having to go in for the COE. Suppose they allowed that due to Covid.

• Academy staff Officers who were transferred to the PA for this upcoming class were sent back to their commands today. Academy is being delayed as apparently there’s a new PBA contract upcoming and they’re going to hire this large class under the new terms. Hopefully it doesn’t get delayed too long.

Comment

• Nhayes91
        Nhayes91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Since 2017. I heard the same thing in regards to waiting for the contract.

• 12gang12
        12gang12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nhayes91 Is this gonna take long? I’m comparing it to NYPD and NYCD

• Nhayes91
        Nhayes91 commented
        Editing a comment
        No clue honestly. The only people that can give you an accurate answer on that one are the PBA members doing the bargaining.

• Blackdevil77
        Blackdevil77 commented
        Editing a comment
        There is a new contract coming out, but I kept hearing this large class going in is the last class going in before the contract change. It should be November regardless

• Just curious on what some of you did to increase your push up count and efficiency.... thank you for the advice in advanced

Comment

• DonSCPD19
        DonSCPD19 commented
        Editing a comment
        As others have said...do more push-ups. Doing chest and triceps will help as well. Also do not neglect your core...do some planks in between pushup sets.

Doing more push-ups isn't the advice you want but its probably the advice you need. You'll feel silly at first, but when you wake up do a set until failure, and at various points throughout the day. You won't feel so silly once your numbers start going up.

• CF18UNIV
        CF18UNIV commented
        Editing a comment
        I would suggest training Chest with weights as that will result in greater strength. If you do exercises like Dumbell presses, bench press (safely), machine chest presses, flyes, etc along with a balanced diet your chest will be stronger and pushups will then be easier. And only train it when it’s fully recovered.

• Scannerdarkley
        Scannerdarkley commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with the weight training. You can also just buy a weighted vest. Do your pushups with the vest, run and sit ups. When doing sit ups do NOT tuck them under anything. Use your core and body. That way when someone or something is used to hold your feet it feels as if they are helping you.

• Simpleguy515
        Simpleguy515 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you guys so much for the insight really appreciate all the help

• Originally posted by Simpleguy515 View Post
      Just curious on what some of you did to increase your push up count and efficiency.... thank you for the advice in advanced
      Everybody is different, but in short I'd say practice. Bench press and variations of chest and core exercises worked for me. Hit up the bench press. Increasing strength on the bench (I found) translated very well to push ups. Push ups became effortless. Also work on core strength to make it easier to maintain the proper push up position (aside from obvious other reasons). And of course, as with everything involving working out, eat right and get a good nights sleep as much as possible.

Comment

• Simpleguy515
        Simpleguy515 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, I’m trying to increase roughly 10-15 if possible.

• I wouldnt be worried about the push up’s if i was you. The sit ups was the most challenging. I think i blacked out after 30 but still completed it. Just go as fast as you can

Comment

• Blackdevil77
        Blackdevil77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. I wasn't expecting the sit ups to be as hard as they were. Going in I was too concerned about proper form, I was falling behind. The guy whispered to me I'm not gonna make it and have to pick up the pace so I started ripping through them. The speed at which you have to complete the sit ups seems a bit ridiculous.

• Simpleguy515
        Simpleguy515 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m only about 20 on the push ups tho I know it’s crappy but I’m trying to find something that will help

• Islesfan21
        Islesfan21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Completely agree. Sit-ups was such a struggle. Similar thing happened where they told me to speed up and just ripped through them. Practice there

• Simpleguy515
        Simpleguy515 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any methods on getting the push up number up besides do more push ups like yes thank you

• Calls are going out fellas!

Comment

• Islesfan21
        Islesfan21 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s great! Congrats! I feel like there are so many unknown factors at play right now

• Simpleguy515
        Simpleguy515 commented
        Editing a comment
        Start date is 12/11

• Blackdevil77
        Blackdevil77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully the start date stays 12/11. Once we sign the appointment letter, it’s a done deal? Can they postpone it anymore?

• Islesfan21
        Islesfan21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Going for uniform fitting today but still no sign on when to come in to sign

• Does anyone know if calls are still going out? Also, Happen to know where the numbers are at?

Comment

• No calls going out yet. Class is delayed

Comment

• Simpleguy515
          Simpleguy515 commented
          Editing a comment
          Calls are going out and appointment letters are being signed

• Thats not what I heard from my buddy on the PBA. Where did y hear that

Comment

• I am hearing the start date is dec 11th guys

Comment

• Any tips to increase the sit-up pace? Doing 38 sit-ups isn’t too bad, it’s just the pace that you have to keep. How strict are they on form? Is the sit-up good as long as your elbows cross your knees and you Jew your butt down ?

Comment

• Nhayes91
            Nhayes91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Flat bench

• Tmin
            Tmin commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a flat bench that holds my feet, but it does not have padding around the legs like the one shown in the video. Is it the same exact bench as shown in the video ?

• Nhayes91
            Nhayes91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Very similar to the one in the video

• Blueline2424
            Blueline2424 commented
            Editing a comment
            Tmin follow this article and you will have no problem with sit-ups. Eat healthy and lean while your training and you will be able to hit your number. Practice with whatever means you have. Stick your feet under the couch have someone hold your feet for you, whatever works. Make sure you can comfortably hit atleast 5-10 over your mark then come test day you’ll crush it. Make sure you stretch each night. Also add in planks and hip flexor stretches to avoid pulls. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mil...prove-fast/amp

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2583 users online. 134 members and 2449 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X