Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how far down the list they have emailed so far to start the initial process?

Comment

• Up to 86 list number. It's on the site

Comment

• Castle8722
        Castle8722 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s score I’m talking about actual list number like 16xx

• LukeSW
        LukeSW commented
        Editing a comment
        It has to be in the 1000s. To get enough qualified applicants that will actually accept the job for 200 openings, they will need over 1000.

• Simpleguy515
        Simpleguy515 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know up to at least 1200 got called idk if any higher, I’ve been trying to figure that out myself

• What is the academy schedule like? I know what the work schedule is, more or less, but I haven’t heard anyone mention anything about the academy schedule.

Comment

• 12gang12
        12gang12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you know if they’re like nypd with alternating tours

• mleoman
        mleoman commented
        Editing a comment
        7:15-5:15ish. I say "ish" because they can keep you however long they'd like

• Originally posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
      What is the academy schedule like? I know what the work schedule is, more or less, but I haven’t heard anyone mention anything about the academy schedule.

Monday-Friday 7:15-5:15ish (however long they want to keep you)

Comment

• For those who know,

is NCPD going to wait for the approval for the budget before fully processing applicants? Or will they process without the final approval from NIFA or the county exec.

if there is an academy for November is it typically after thanksgiving based on previous academy times

Comment

• BlueBlood516
          BlueBlood516 commented
          Editing a comment
          According to another poster, they moved 18 officers to the academy which indicates they are preparing to staff a large class, my opinion is they expect the budget to pass. On the county budget site it states NIFA has until October 30th, not sure they will wait that long. Last years November academy started Nov 8th. Typically you swear in on a Friday and begin the following Monday.

• Nhayes91
          Nhayes91 commented
          Editing a comment
          They're fully processing applicants right now for an expected November class.

• Hey guys, I got an 82.6. Do you think they will reach that score or is it too low ?

Comment

• Dubs123
          Dubs123 commented
          Editing a comment
          What’s your list, that’s the main number to keep an eye on

• Tmin
          Tmin commented
          Editing a comment
          How about list #13xx. Any odds they reach this number by next year ?

• Simpleguy515
          Simpleguy515 commented
          Editing a comment
          Should be very soon probably shortly after they put a class in I have a friend who is 12xx and he was called for the physical last spring.... he was told possibly spring class

• Tmin
          Tmin commented
          Editing a comment
          I was also called for a physical this past spring. Haven’t heard Anything yet to reschedule unfortunately. Crossing my fingers for spring!

• met w/ psych couple weeks ago and nassau sent me email to see a psychiatrist saying it was my last step in the process anyone else know someone that been thru this

Comment

• Simpleguy515
          Simpleguy515 commented
          Editing a comment
          What list number are you guys/gals?

• Itselectric247
          Itselectric247 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mid 300s, completed psych, poly, medical and ekg at the end of August

• terapins111
          terapins111 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had my written and my oral via factime lasted 20 mins then got an email stating my last step was to meet w psychiatrist face to face not sure if thats something to be worried about anyone else have this experience

• Simpleguy515
          Simpleguy515 commented
          Editing a comment
          A friend of mine had the same thing nothing to worry about

• Hey all, just curious as to the highest list # on this thread that has been called up for COE? I am list 70x and am curious if its still possible for me to make it into the expected November academy? I have met my investigator and am just waiting for approval from the county.

Comment

• Nhayes91
          Nhayes91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Cutting it close. I'm 63X and signed COE and am doing the poly/medical/written psych all within the next week. If you haven't gotten called for a COE yet I would think you may be held for the next class. Tentative swear in Nov 6 for this class.

• Creighton1005
          Creighton1005 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey. Not sure if it helps but my list is 7xx. I also met with my investigator but havent done anything else. I was told I wouldn't be in this academy, won't hear anything until dec/jan, and would most likely be in spring academy.

• CF18UNIV
          CF18UNIV commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m in the upper 100’s list # and just missed the last class. So the gap between you and me is about 550 list #’s. But also keep in mind that about 25-50% of those list #’s will be disqualified/delayed/dropped out during the process (medical, background, poly, psych etc)...so we can estimate that the number between us can end up being only about 250-350 qualified people after all is said and done. I would guess that’s too many for you to get into this next class, but in the running for the next class. That’s just my take.
          Last edited by CF18UNIV; 10-10-2020, 11:48 AM.

• Nov. 6, get ready

Comment

• Simpleguy515
          Simpleguy515 commented
          Editing a comment
          So when do they contact you/ how to show up on the 6th?

• Is november 6 class confirmed?

Comment

• Nhayes91
          Nhayes91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing is confirmed, but a Nov 6 swear in date Nov 9 academy is what is tentatively scheduled, as per the applicant investigation unit.

• Simpleguy515
          Simpleguy515 commented
          Editing a comment
          What method do they use to contact you for the academy... a phone call? Email? Letter?..... I’m assuming phone call?

• November would be nice. Good luck to everyone in the process. Stay healthy and safe all!

Comment

• Assuming Nov. 6 is the swear in date, does anyone know how soon the phone calls will start going out? (November 1st or potentially earlier?).
          Thanks!

Comment

• Simpleguy515
            Simpleguy515 commented
            Editing a comment
            Gonna assume two weeks before up until the day before swear in
            Last edited by Simpleguy515; 10-12-2020, 10:39 AM. Reason: Lag

• The past November class was sworn in on Friday November 8th and notifications (phone calls) went out on Thursday October 31st, approximately a week prior.

Comment

• Islesfan21
            Islesfan21 commented
            Editing a comment
            Don’t be shocked if they don’t give any notice and ask you to swear in the next day.

• Is there anything to do after the psych? Just wait for the phone call?

Comment

• 12gang12
            12gang12 commented
            Editing a comment
            You did your medical or drug test?

• Islesfan21
            Islesfan21 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup did both, just waiting on pysch now.

• Nhayes91
            Nhayes91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Medical, written psych, oral psych, poly, EKG. If you did all that you should be good. You can always email your investigator and ask. Mine has been very helpful

• Anyone know what type of equipment is needed for tge academy

Comment

• cam36
            cam36 commented
            Editing a comment
            Do yourselves a favor and do not wear a nice suit to the actual academy, because it will absolutely get jacked up in the first 2 weeks.

• Justwaiting1
            Justwaiting1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you hear back already? Probably like they mentioned. Suit for the first week or so? Then get the recruit uniforms. I’m sure you’ll get a list of things.

• 12gang12
            12gang12 commented
            Editing a comment
            squadguy cam36 thanks for the heads up I’ll find a cheap suit and shoes

• Simpleguy515
            Simpleguy515 commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope you all don’t leave the forum once you guys get on.... :/

Good luck everyone that gets called best of luck and be safe!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2581 users online. 117 members and 2464 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X