Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was told by investigator that if I didn’t hear anything that it was a good thing . It’s possible that the disqualifications go out after coe.

Comment

• River6363
      River6363 commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont think you sign a COE and then get DQ’d

• Max99
      Max99 commented
      Editing a comment
      They don’t, getting notified to sign a COE means civil service approved you for phase l and you will continue to phase ll (poly, psych, medical). If you were dq you would be notified and would not receive a COE

• Just wondering if disqualification letters would be sent already.

Comment

• Nhayes91
      Nhayes91 commented
      Editing a comment
      After you meet with your BI and sign all the paperwork, they submit your packet to their supervisor to be signed off on. Then they send your packet to civil service to review. Everyones process goes at a different pace, but if you haven't heard anything back that's a good sign. Sit tight and wait for a COE.

• I know my investigator approved me and so did supervisor. I was told it’s up to civil service at that point and they make ultimate decision.

Comment

• River6363
      River6363 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I am in the same boat, my investigator and supervisor signed off on it and now waiting civil service’s approval. A couple of my buddies who are on the force said not to worry, as nassau does a lot of things backwards.

• Anyone else hear from investigator on COE?

Comment

• Dq for driving record

Comment

• How bad was the driving record? How were you notified of the DQ?

Comment

• No tickets within seven years. Maybe 7 total. Speeding when I was 18-21. I’m 35 so my investigator said it was not a issue for her. Clearly it was for civil service. Anyone know of a dq lawyer?

Comment

• I also heard they can make people take a extra step to work to get hired. This can weed people out quickly.

Comment

• Max99
              Max99 commented
              Editing a comment
              What kind of extra step?

• T-Mac109
              T-Mac109 commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you have multiple convictions of speeding? I know In the civil service DQs it talks about repeat offenses

• Yea 16 years ago. Two in about 2 year span. Thought length of time would be okay. Investigator said it was fine. Guess not.

Comment

• T-Mac109
              T-Mac109 commented
              Editing a comment
              We’re they both before 21? Seems a bit harsh bc even in the post where it talks about DQs it says that it CAN doesn’t say it will DQ.

• Civil Service Law.
            2. A record of disrespect for the requirements and processes of law including repeated traffic offenses, or disregard of summonses for traffic offenses, may be grounds for disqualification for examination or, after examination, for certification and appointment.
            3. The burden of establishing qualifications to the satisfaction

Comment

• Yea I get it. Investigator said I had a easy approve on my file and I should not have any issues. Which is why I didn’t consider my liscense a problem.

Comment

• lukerep
                lukerep commented
                Editing a comment
                I would protest it...if that’s the only thing holding you back I would deff appeal it.

• NVM, answered my own question
              Last edited by Max99; 08-10-2020, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• I think NIFA might shut down the November class https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...ran-1.48260966

Comment

• “Nassau County may have to resort to "draconian" measures, including laying off up to 2,900 employees and hiking county property taxes by 60%, unless there is a "dramatic reimagining" of how county services are provided, a state control board said in a report Tuesday.”

Comment

• “the county has found $39.9 million in salary savings by leaving many positions vacant. For instance, there are 185 vacancies in the police department, and 125 in the county's correctional center, according to the report.”

Comment

• NYPDpoQNS
                      NYPDpoQNS commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It’s always cheaper to pay rookies rather than paying top pay guys OT if the dept is short staffed which I’m sure they are. We’ll see

• Max99
                      Max99 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I hope so. I wonder if NIFA is the approval authority for the class? Or is it the County Executive?

• Islesfan21
                      Islesfan21 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I kept hearing from folks that the county had the budget for classes this fall but that was before this article. Just a waiting game

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2662 users online. 158 members and 2504 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X