Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As disappointing as that news is for the many of us who are cleared and were expecting to go into a May academy. When Mangano was county executive they had a County-wide hiring freeze and he still hired approximately 150 employees and stated they were “essential personnel”. Let’s hope the county squeezes in a class for spring/summer. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
    Last edited by BlueBlood516; 04-22-2020, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Jackson2240
      Jackson2240 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think police are always essential status. Also hiring cheaper salaries saves on overtime I believe .

• Simpleguy515
      Simpleguy515 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully it will start back up once this virus dies down and we start to go back to notmal

• Max99
      Max99 commented
      Editing a comment
      They are not hiring anymore for 2020. Hopefully 2021 starts it up again. I’m a hold over from the last academy so I’m feeling the pain too.

• Well worst case scenario is it lasts for 5 years like what happened around the last recession from 2008-2013. Apparently they didn’t hire anybody then. https://www.longislandpress.com/2013...ts-in-5-years/

Comment

• I was supposed to take physical April 4th, and received an email saying it was going to be rescheduled. Has anyone been contacted with a new date. I know its probably not till this whole thing is over. Just want to make sure I haven’t missed any info.

Comment

• Just received an email that background investigation in may has been postponed

Comment

• NYPDpoQNS
          NYPDpoQNS commented
          Editing a comment
          Same I took physical March 8, had background may 12... just got email today that it’s postponed

• Baileyfeder1
          Baileyfeder1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup same here! Same exact dates, hopefully not postponed for too long...

• https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...sky-1.44014884. “The budget shortfall is expected to be $261.1 million because Nassau is not filling 331 vacant positions funded in the 2020 budget, according to the report and Deputy County Executive Raymond Orlando.”

Comment

• Simpleguy515
          Simpleguy515 commented
          Editing a comment
          Does that mean no hires then for all of 2020 and possibly 2021

• Max99
          Max99 commented
          Editing a comment
          https://www.nassaucountyny.gov/Docum...k-FINAL?bidId= The proposed 2020 budget allocated the slots for the May and November class. Since those are not being filled this year then I would assume they are being pushed to 2021. But that is only an assumption.

• I am pretty sure the police are exempt. Could be wrong

Comment

• Max99
          Max99 commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope you’re right

• I am assuming they canceled on upcoming appointments until the state mandate is lifted and they can get people in staggered .

Comment

• What is everyone’s approximate list numbers?

Comment

• Spoke to officer in investigations today. He said if you've already done physical/drug testing, your processing will continue and you can still be assigned a background investigator. However he did say academy has been pushed back and didn't seem sure about status of hiring at this time.

Comment

• Max99
              Max99 commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s good to know. Hopefully it’s just pushed based on COVID-19 conditions and not on the County’s financial status.

• Islesfan21
              Islesfan21 commented
              Editing a comment
              I had a buddy that was contacted this week from a investigator. I called the office last week and they said I should be contacted soon.

• TrunkS3
              TrunkS3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Islesfan21 what’s your list number?

• I was scheduled for a second polygraph back in March but I tested positive for Covid (working city 911)so they stated they would reschedule for the future with no known date. As of March 15, I have not heard back

Comment

• Max99
              Max99 commented
              Editing a comment
              Gotcha, thanks for the info.

• Max99
              Max99 commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you processing with the county or a village?

• Brandonbje
              Brandonbje commented
              Editing a comment
              The county, I live in Suffolk so I don’t qualify for villages

• TheGreatBambino
              TheGreatBambino commented
              Editing a comment
              Brandonbje If you live in Suffolk, you would still qualify for villages.

• I was just wondering can someone explain this hiring and budget stuff. So are they holding the next two classes? Secondly, will they continue calling for the agility one things reopen?

more so what are we looking at for the future.

Comment

• By any chance would anyone know if they will continue the physical test after the lockdown? I was postponed at the beginning of March for the physical due to the virus. Thanks!

Comment

• Processing has started I know a few people that are scheduled for pyschs

Comment

• After you are assigned a background investigator the next step is a coe before anything else right ?

Comment

• Max99
                    Max99 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes. The BI submits your background packet to the civil service commission for review. They then either approve or deny you to receive the COE. If you’re approved you then have to come in to HQ to sign your COE with the rest of the candidates moving forward. After that you do psych, poly, and medical.

• Max99
                    Max99 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Your BI has to first meet with you though for the BI interview. A month or two after that you should find out if you get a COE. At least that’s how it was for me

• Jackson2240
                    Jackson2240 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Got it .thanks I’m in low 400s don’t know where I stand

• Any updates on if or when an academy class will begin?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2945 users online. 167 members and 2778 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X